GUILTY WI - Bart, 50, and Krista Halderson, 53, found deceased, Windsor, 1 Jul 2021 *son arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ETA - When his parents disappear, Chandler Halderson’s social media helps investigators unravel the case. "48 Hours" correspondent Erin Moriarty reports Saturday, November 5 at 10/9c on CBS and streaming on Paramount+.

ETA - When his parents disappear, Chandler Halderson’s social media helps investigators unravel the case. "48 Hours" correspondent Erin Moriarty reports Saturday, November 5 at 10/9c on CBS and streaming on Paramount+.
Thank you YaYa_521!! I like to watch episodes in which I closely followed the case.

My thoughts are with Bart & Krista's loved ones, this was a shocking outcome. I hope Chandler is reminded of the devastation he caused every single day.

A YT channel has obtained CM's and CH's police interviews. It's not MSM so I can't link it, but if you search the following in YT, they should come up

Cathryn Mellender- Chandler Halderson's Girlfriend- Part One Interview

Chandler Halderson FULL Interrogation

A YT channel has obtained CM's and CH's police interviews. It's not MSM so I can't link it, but if you search the following in YT, they should come up

Thank you. Also watched CM Part 2. Poor girl, so honest, trusting, couldn’t believe CH could be involved, but as events unfolded had to wonder. Just HOW bad the situation was she could never have imagined. Hope she is doing well.

Saw the 48 Hours, it was fine, probably too short, but you won't learn anything much if you have already watched the trial. Other than a couple of LEOs, nobody else of interest was interviewed. Would have most liked to hear from his brother and CM, but it's very understandable why they wouldn't want to talk to the media.

The only thing I think I learned was that the reason CM was keeping track of him on Snapchat was that he had cheated on her in the past, so she got him to agree to keep his location on. Don't remember if that had been mentioned before.

I also watched CM's police interview. Gotta say I'm a bit uneasy that this video was published, since it adds nothing much, if anything, of public interest beyond what she had said in court. She didn't do anything criminal, so she doesn't really deserve to have this record out there of her discussing some very private information like her intimate relations with CH. Or for the world to see how naively trusting she was in him, despite some imo red flags there from the unlikely excuses he was giving for why he wasn't working or getting paid. She mustn't be a true crime aficionado or she might have been more wary.

Most of all, it was so heartbreaking to see her talk about her relationship with Bart and Krista, how fond of them she was, especially as she described how they all 4 would play Mario Kart together. Watching that knowing the parents' fate and how her life was about to be horribly derailed.

She gave off no hint that she could imagine he was involved in any way with their disappearance (which I get why not) till after being told he was taken into custody for lying to police. MH didn't suspect anything neither it seems, because she's on her phone with him at one point, and he was saying that he was worried about CH for how he was doing with his (supposedly) bad legs.

She was a very helpful source for the police, she had an uncanny memory for everything they did the past 7 days, and even had lots of it documented on her phone.

On that note, would have liked to hear from the 2 officers who questioned CM (they're not the same ones on 48 Hours), on what it was like to have to lie to her like they did about how Bart and Krista were both still only missing, when Bart's remains had been found earlier that day. Especially how chummy they were with her.

At this point though, my biggest unanswered question remains, what ever happened with Rizzo and Izzy?

Last edited:
I am familiar with that case but didn't follow it closely after the beginning, but did skip through and watch some of her part 1 interview video. Despite not following it closely, the interview questions all seemed rather normal (questions about where they had been, who they were with, any guns he had, his relationship with the parents, if she was close to them too, his childhood etc but then the next line of questioning was "super personal" as the detective pre-warned her, then asked quite a bit about their sex life/practices in general, as well as specifically that weekend. As someone not very familiar with the case, I was super curious how or why that info was vital in relation to the case, can anyone who followed it more closely clue me in?

I am familiar with that case but didn't follow it closely after the beginning, but did skip through and watch some of her part 1 interview video. Despite not following it closely, the interview questions all seemed rather normal (questions about where they had been, who they were with, any guns he had, his relationship with the parents, if she was close to them too, his childhood etc but then the next line of questioning was "super personal" as the detective pre-warned her, then asked quite a bit about their sex life/practices in general, as well as specifically that weekend. As someone not very familiar with the case, I was super curious how or why that info was vital in relation to the case, can anyone who followed it more closely clue me in?
I would assume they were looking for clues to his demeanor. Whether he was rough or angry with her? Or maybe even sentimental and weepy. MOO the cops were looking for any clues into his state of mind during that time.

I saw 48 Hours last night and had never heard of this case until then. Just unbelievably sick. What a sociopath!! And probably just cut everyone off without a care in the world once he was arrested.
This is definitely a case of nature not nurture. So, so sad and so senseless that 2 seemingly wonderful humans were murdered because of a very selfish human not getting his way.
May he never get even a change at an appeal and rot away alone in a cell until his death.

I learned about this case from the recent 48 Hours episode and can't believe I missed this investigation in real time! o_O

I always like starting a case first with the police interviews and shocking what evolved following the interviews. Great trial coverage so hope to watch and return here with my own comments.

Special thoughts to the Halderson family and their many friends and community for comfort and healing.

The subject interview of CM followed the discovery of a male torso a couple of hours earlier on a property connected to the witness CM (unbeknownst to her). At this point, the mother (Krista) was still missing and I think LE was wanting to develop a psychological profile of the main suspect, CH, the sooner the better! JMO

Last edited:
Saw the 48 Hours, it was fine, probably too short, but you won't learn anything much if you have already watched the trial. Other than a couple of LEOs, nobody else of interest was interviewed. Would have most liked to hear from his brother and CM, but it's very understandable why they wouldn't want to talk to the media.

The only thing I think I learned was that the reason CM was keeping track of him on Snapchat was that he had cheated on her in the past, so she got him to agree to keep his location on. Don't remember if that had been mentioned before.

I also watched CM's police interview. Gotta say I'm a bit uneasy that this video was published, since it adds nothing much, if anything, of public interest beyond what she had said in court. She didn't do anything criminal, so she doesn't really deserve to have this record out there of her discussing some very private information like her intimate relations with CH. Or for the world to see how naively trusting she was in him, despite some imo red flags there from the unlikely excuses he was giving for why he wasn't working or getting paid. She mustn't be a true crime aficionado or she might have been more wary.

Most of all, it was so heartbreaking to see her talk about her relationship with Bart and Krista, how fond of them she was, especially as she described how they all 4 would play Mario Kart together. Watching that knowing the parents' fate and how her life was about to be horribly derailed.

She gave off no hint that she could imagine he was involved in any way with their disappearance (which I get why not) till after being told he was taken into custody for lying to police. MH didn't suspect anything neither it seems, because she's on her phone with him at one point, and he was saying that he was worried about CH for how he was doing with his (supposedly) bad legs.

She was a very helpful source for the police, she had an uncanny memory for everything they did the past 7 days, and even had lots of it documented on her phone.

On that note, would have liked to hear from the 2 officers who questioned CM (they're not the same ones on 48 Hours), on what it was like to have to lie to her like they did about how Bart and Krista were both still only missing, when Bart's remains had been found earlier that day. Especially how chummy they were with her.

At this point though, my biggest unanswered question remains, what ever happened with Rizzo and Izzy?
Since the 48 Hours episode aired, local media has emphasized that the details of this case were so horrific that both the DA's office and LE were very adamant with the producers that no details of the crime would be shared and/or confirmed for broadcast. Following the episode, I watched the opening statements and felt sick just thinking about what was yet to come (during the trial). I'm just starting on the trial now via CourtTV.

**********GRAPHIC CONTENT WARNING***********

Relative to witness CM, I trust that her full cooperation with LE has played a significant part in her healing and moving forward -- knowing she did everything she could to help locate the victims (which soon after became a recovery of remains limited to dad's partially clothed torso and mother's detached legs and a severed foot of the mother). I believe CM was an innocent victim of the manipulative, psychotic, killer, boyfriend.

One thing I noted during CM's police interview was near the end of the interview when the male detective asked her if she would ever help her boyfriend commit a crime or cover up a crime, she responded something to the effect that she could never help because she didn't like blood or "dissecting." I found the words she used here very significant because this statement by CM was made before it was ever released that remains had been located or that the bodies were dismembered.

Again, while I don't believe CM had any prior knowledge of the homicide, I think it's possible that CH may have previously voiced prophetic words in anger about wanting to harm and/or cut up his parents. MOO

Since the 48 Hours episode aired, local media has emphasized that the details of this case were so horrific that both the DA's office and LE were very adamant with the producers that no details of the crime would be shared and/or confirmed for broadcast. Following the episode, I watched the opening statements and felt sick just thinking about what was yet to come (during the trial). I'm just starting on the trial now via CourtTV.

**********GRAPHIC CONTENT WARNING***********

Relative to witness CM, I trust that her full cooperation with LE has played a significant part in her healing and moving forward -- knowing she did everything so could to help locate the victims (which soon after became a recovery of remains limited to dad's partially clothed torso and mother's detached legs and a severed foot of the mother). I believe CM was an innocent victim of the manipulative, psychotic, killer, boyfriend.

One thing I noted during CM's police interview was near the end of the interview when the male detective asked her if she would ever help her boyfriend commit a crime or cover up a crime, she responded something to the effect that she could never help because she didn't like blood or "dissecting." I found the words she used here very significant because this statement by CM was made before it was ever released that remains had been located or that the bodies were dismembered.

Again, while I don't believe CM had any prior knowledge of the homicide, I think it's possible that CH may have previously voiced prophetic words in anger about wanting to harm and/or cut up his parents. MOO

Thanks for the info, I was wondering why the 48 Hours was so vague.

^^rsbm

I believe it's in the last police interview of CM with her attorney present (one week later), the detective told CM that he was in contact with the party that had the two dogs and provided they were in capable hands and doing great. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back