GUILTY WI - Bart, 50, and Krista Halderson, 53, found deceased, Windsor, 1 Jul 2021 *son arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The only surprise in his 'statement' before sentencing is how deep his voice is. What (little) he had to say was solely self-serving (gimme an appeals lawyer, and I have feelings too but nobody let me show them!).

I am interested in what his reasons for appeal will be, it was a clean trial, with mucho evidence of his crimes.
The only thing I've heard from legal talking heads was more procedural in nature where some believed that the court should have declared a mistrial after the trial was halted when the defendant tested positive for COVID (Jan 2022 outbreak of covid in the county jail). Notice of appeal given but I'm looking for the filing and will link it if available. JMO

The only thing I've heard from legal talking heads was more procedural in nature where some believed that the court should have declared a mistrial after the trial was halted when the defendant tested positive for COVID (Jan 2022 outbreak of covid in the county jail). Notice of appeal given but I'm looking for the filing and will link it if available. JMO

Thanks Seattle, a delay for his Covid infection seems like a non-appeal issue, and more proof they have nothing of substance to appeal imo. I would like to read the filing so if you come across it, would greatly appreciate if you'd link it.

I wonder when he had a concussion and how serious was it? There were several references in the criminal complaint that he stated he had difficulties reading and driving distances due to his concussion.
The attending physician's testimony at trial clears up this question and the Casey Anthony wannabe's liar, liar pants on fire, and his alleged concussion!

The attending physician's testimony at trial clears up this question and the Casey Anthony wannabe's liar, liar pants on fire, and his alleged concussion!
IMO
Just makes me laugh and how everyone was very concerned about him. Pinched nerve effecting his ability to walk and he mentions possibly a colostomy bag in the future. Not able to drive and had a hard time reading numbers and letters. Migraines. The SpaceX job was lost because of this and he couldn't make it to Florida in time to Start.
OMG

seems nobody heard gunshots, houses were close together so maybe they didn't recognise it as gunshots, dogs were home, but he had many rooms in which to lock dogs whilst he went about his business, I think he froze bodies to mean blood wasn't free flowing, but he had to cut them up somewhere and he had to have decapitated them on the 1st as he was burning heads in the fire in the early morning hours of 2nd, so he did a good clean up, plus the home had so much stuff that he had loads of stuff to hand to use before he bought the tarp and got the mop and hydrogen peroxide off his girlfriend, (I would not like to be the person who cleans out that house who knows if he left anything hidden in all those boxes).

I think he had honed his skills over years in how easily he manipulated people, how he lied so easily but was believed for a long time, I think he picked people to let into his life that he knew would do his bidding and they had no idea he was engineering them to do what he wanted such as the gun, I bet the guy says it was his idea to give CH the gun, but it was more likely CH was the one who wanted the gun and set about manipulating him to get the gun, I think the get well soon bullet was his own sick joke which he thoroughly enjoyed,
I think murder was one of his solutions if needed when the game was up, but think his dad finding out about college lies solidified it as his choice to solve his problems,
I think the crime occurring during the 4th of July week proved instrumental in disguising the sound of a gunshot.

From the interviews, seems the sound of fireworks going off in the neighborhood were not limited to only Sunday, July 4. The dogs had also been suffering for several days leading up to Sunday (loud sounds in the neighborhood and backyard community pond). MOO

this is another thread I was not following but now that I have skimmed over it, I am beyond disgusted. accepting that CH had zero emotional attachment to anyone, how did he think he was going to survive without his parents to live off of? you know how the viruses and bacteria that kill the host also die... who was going to pay the property tax, the utilities, the isurance? was he just going to kill everyone?

I still can’t get over the lies Chandler told. He told so many centered around his employment and was able to finagle his way out of them with such convenience. The last one being SpaceX and not being able to take the job anymore because he fell down the stairs or whatever. And it was brushed off because he was known to be a clumsy guy. It’s enough to make me wonder if he he genuinely thought he could make his parents disappear without anyone questioning it in a similar fashion. I know telling lies and murdering your parents are two entirely different things but it’s the trajectory of those lies that I find interesting because the lies seemed to grow bolder with time. I mean, SpaceX? Seriously?!

/JMO

this is another thread I was not following but now that I have skimmed over it, I am beyond disgusted. accepting that CH had zero emotional attachment to anyone, how did he think he was going to survive without his parents to live off of? you know how the viruses and bacteria that kill the host also die... who was going to pay the property tax, the utilities, the isurance? was he just going to kill everyone?
The whole thing is mind boggling. And very, very disturbing!

Last edited:
not sure if this is all earlier in the thread, but these photos are really painful:
Halderson family
Chandler, left, Bart, and Mitchell Halderson on Father's Day 2021.

not sure if this is all earlier in the thread, but these photos are really painful:
Halderson family

Does he have a neck collar on?

Halderson family

I want to sock him when I see him with that stupid neck brace on. I hate that guy.

yes- a supposed injury, so weird, but I still think that the parents did not suspect
much...if you read the whole article there are more family pictures. The dogs are OK right? This is another case where I ask: has he killed any other thing or person?
Thank you. I wasn’t sure what the timeframe was with the neck brace because he wasn’t wearing it when his parent’s were “missing”.
Yes, the dogs are ok and with other family as reported above, thank goodness!
I’m sure his parent’s would have helped him with anything which is the worst part... His dad was getting suspicious at least about the money/job stuff but maybe not yet at this point.

I still can’t get over the lies Chandler told. He told so many centered around his employment and was able to finagle his way out of them with such convenience. The last one being SpaceX and not being able to take the job anymore because he fell down the stairs or whatever. And it was brushed off because he was known to be a clumsy guy. It’s enough to make me wonder if he he genuinely thought he could make his parents disappear without anyone questioning it in a similar fashion. I know telling lies and murdering your parents are two entirely different things but it’s the trajectory of those lies that I find interesting because the lies seemed to grow bolder with time. I mean, SpaceX? Seriously?!

/JMO
^^bbm

I dunno -- seems that CH was bent on a mission to win at all and at any cost! Perhaps this was part of living his 24/7 gaming culture in place of a balance of school or gainful employment. Lying was very easy for him because he believed ordinary rules don't apply to him. He just seems so desensitized in how he could commit the most heinous acts over about 40 hours yet carry on seeking and replenishing his narc supply in search of where to find his next $5 for soda and chips. MOO

Thank you. I wasn’t sure what the timeframe was with the neck brace because he wasn’t wearing it when his parent’s were “missing”.
Yes, the dogs are ok and with other family as reported above, thank goodness!
I’m sure his parent’s would have helped him with anything which is the worst part... His dad was getting suspicious at least about the money/job stuff but maybe not yet at this point.
Dad knew -- his last text to CH said it all!

BH had just finished a recorded call with University records where it all became clear to him that the Univ was not at fault, confirmed CH's last dates of attendance, and learned that either an official or unofficial transcript would be available once CH paid his $2K debt in arrears.

^^rsbm

I believe it's in the last police interview of CM with her attorney present (one week later), the detective told CM that he was in contact with the party that had the two dogs and provided they were in capable hands and doing great. MOO

Thank you, good to know "the girls" ended up in a good home. CM talked about how anxious they are on a good day, and they might have had to witness the murders. They certainly heard it.

I've watched that video now too. Nothing much else new in it, but it does show that CM went above and beyond to help the police. Also shows her talking about having to deal with people suspecting her.

One thing of interest to crime watchers is that her attorney mentioned that CH's attorney Catherine Dorl was also the public defender for Derek Anderson in his murder trial. I looked that up and it was also a patricide case, but worse, he killed his parents, his brother and their dog. Only the father's body was ever found though, he was only tried for that murder. The father was Allen Krnak, Derek changed his name after they went missing.

There's a thread here on the still missing family members.

WI - WI - Donna, 52, & Thomas Krnak, 21, Helenville, 2 July 1998 | Websleuths.

There is apparently more footage coming from the CH case at that youtube channel, the owner said in the comments they have more, including audio of CM's first interview.

It seems there are a few YT channels now that are filing FOIA requests like crazy on all the big cases and sharing whatever they get. There is good and bad in that practice, but I did always resent the major news networks for only releasing limited clips of what they have.

Last edited:
Thank you, good to know "the girls" ended up in a good home. CM talked about how anxious they are on a good day, and they might have had to witness the murders. They certainly heard it.

I've watched that video now too. Nothing much else new in it, but it does show that CM went above and beyond to help the police. Also shows her talking about having to deal with people suspecting her.

One thing of interest to crime watchers is that her attorney mentioned that CH's attorney Catherine Dorl was also the public defender for Derek Anderson in his murder trial. I looked that up and it was also a patricide case, but worse, he killed his parents, his brother and their dog. Only the father's body was ever found though, he was only tried for that murder. The father was Allen Krnak, Derek changed his name after they went missing.

There is apparently more footage coming from the CH case at that youtube channel, the owner said in the comments they have more, including audio of CM's first interview.

It seems there are a few YT channels now that are filing FOIA requests like crazy on all the big cases and sharing whatever they get. There is good and bad in that practice, but I did always resent the major news networks for only releasing limited clips of what they have.

Why do you think it's bad to get the interviews?

Omg… what a horrible crime!

Thus far from my trial viewing, CH is collecting many excuses for the burn marks on his hands/arms including he burned himself when grilling burgers for Cat's dinner on Friday night, and the latest is he was burned by sparks when viewing fireworks at Dan's during the evening of July 4 (Sunday). Dan was one of his mother's co-workers that is also a neighbor.

In telling his tales to LE, CH clearly thinks he's the smartest guy in the room! MOO

ETA: CH most likely burned himself at the fireplace and/or firepit when burning the remains of his parents.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back