GUILTY WI - Brittany Zimmermann, 21, Madison, 2 April 2008 *arrest in 2020*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
More snips from today's news that I found interesting:

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/local/282521#start2

The documents state Kahl told authorities that on the day of Zimmermann's death, the two men and Kahl used drugs at "a crack house on Wilson St.," and then separated. "I also know they were going into houses that were unsecured and stealing things like cell phones and laptop computers," Kahl said of the two men in a handwritten statement submitted to corrections officials, the station reported.

Kahl also helped police develop a sketch of one of the men, the station said.
<SNIP>
The documents also allege Kahl approached people with a ruse about a car repair to try to get money to buy crack cocaine, including entering a home on West Washington Avenue, WKOW said.

<SNIP>

Emphasis is mine. This seems to be their best lead. I remember the story of the guy at the radio station and at a house using the car repair scheme. They found THAT guy. But it seems that they do not have the two other men in custody, which BEGS the question: WHERE IS THE SKETCH MADE BY THE MATERIAL WITNESS????

Come on, MPD! It's time to stop stonewalling the public and give us some information to protect ourselves with. I'm so angry that they aren't doing this~! :furious:

Here is a link to the online criminal records for David A Kahl.

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/pager.do;j...5B50&offset=0&sortColumn=0&sortDirection=DESC

Looks to me like he's a sex offender (2nd degree sexual assault in 1993) who has also been charged very recently with not registering as a sex offender. He's had at least 5 DUI's. He has been convicted of "Theft-False representation", which I think means he misrepresented himself in applying for public assistance of some kind. Geez.. Several instances of violating a restraining order, several charges of disorderly conduct. A couple of drug charges- possession of THC and having another (separate) controlled substance in his posession with intent to distribute. This guy is a real gem.

I wrote about the unsolved murders in Madison on my blog...a couple of sources gave me some interesting, unreported information...

http://www.truecrimediary.com/home/2008/04/the_madison_murders_1.html

Thanks for the link, and for writing about these murders. We appreciate any attention we can get this story! As a Madison resident, I can safely say that these crimes need a great big spotlight shone on them. And the Madison Police Department needs to do some housecleaning, IMO. Obviously, something is WRONG. I have been participating in a local forum discussion at Madison.com. If anyone is interested, here's a link:

http://www.madison.com/wsj/forums/viewtopic.php?p=385024#385024

This is a snip from my latest post. Not too many answers yet.

The one thing that I'm truly perplexed by is this.....

Why aren't more people outraged? I am shocked and angry at the lack of information that is made available to the public. This is the third murder in less than a year that is unsolved, and the MPD is behaving the same way they always have. Don't tell the public anything, and hope they let up on the pressure to solve the murder. DeSpain seems to be the king of giving out statements that say absolutely nothing at all.

How many people potentially saw the murderer that day? A dozen? Two? The problem is- people who actually saw the murderer don't KNOW IT. Because the police won't release a sketch of the suspect(s). Memories are fading. People will lose confidence in giving a description.

What could the MPD be thinking? So much time has lapsed.

The Marino family has publicly stated that they have lost all confidence in the ability of the Madison Police Department. They are feeling like their loved one's murderer will continue walking the streets undiscovered because the Madison Police have not done their job well enough. Understandably, they are angry.

Kelly Nolan's family hasn't released too much information about how the family feels, but can you imagine what they must be thinking? Ugh... What a sick feeling it must be to know that your daughter's killer is running around free.

When is the police department going to get it together? Maybe they do need to ask for help from the FBI. But whatever they do, they better do it quickly, before the public starts asking questions.

Of course, there is no news. This is so disheartening. And because our police refuse to issue any updates, there is rarely any news on this beautiful young girl's murder. Thanks to the lack of information given out by the MPD, Brittany's thread is on page two or three every time I log into websleuths.

I'm giving her a bump, and I hope that the people who have followed this murder, and the others in Madison, will keep her story front and center until her murderer is caught.

:blowkiss:

I thought I heard on the news last night that there was a break in the case. Let me look around to see if I can find anything.

Her parents have set up a College fund in Brittany's name, here is the link.

http://www.news.wisc.edu/brittany-zimmermann/index.html

Family establishes Zimmermann scholarship fund

Brittany Zimmermann’s family has established a scholarship fund designed to honor her memory and assist other worthy students with educational expenses.

"Brittany wished for everyone to have the opportunity to obtain a college education regardless of their financial standing," according to her aunt, Kim Heeg.

Contributions may be sent to the “Dollars for Brittany” scholarship fund, care of the Brittany Zimmermann Memorial Fund, Marshfield Medical Center Credit Union, P.O. Box 279, Marshfield, WI 54449.

Police Dept updates, last on on April 14/08.
http://www.cityofmadison.com/incidentReports/incidentDetail.cfm?id=9065
BRITTANY ZIMMERMANN SCHOLARSHIP FUND (posted Wed. April 16th)

-In the wake of her tragic death, the family of Brittany Zimmermann has announced that they are establishing a scholarship in Brittany's name and conducting a fund drive called "Dollars for Brittany". A Marshfield credit union is facilitating the collection of funds.

Contributions can be sent to:

Brittany Zimmermann Memorial Fund
C/O Marshfield Medical Center CU
PO Box 279
Marshfield, WI 54449

(UPDATED Monday, April 14, 2008)

The Madison Police Department is seeking additional information from people who were in the Bassett Neighborhood either on the day Brittany was killed, or on the day before her death. Specifically, detectives would like to speak with anyone who was solicited for money – or gave money to strangers - on either April 1st or April 2nd. This would include citizens who were approached on the street, or at their homes, by one or more individuals. Investigators are focusing this effort on solicitations that were made on West Washington Ave., West Main St., West Wilson St., South Bedford St., South Bassett St., or West Doty Street. The MPD would ask those with information to call Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.

Of course, there is no news. This is so disheartening. And because our police refuse to issue any updates, there is rarely any news on this beautiful young girl's murder. Thanks to the lack of information given out by the MPD, Brittany's thread is on page two or three every time I log into websleuths.

I'm giving her a bump, and I hope that the people who have followed this murder, and the others in Madison, will keep her story front and center until her murderer is caught.

It is disheartening.....MPD just wants it to quiet down & it will go away until the next one.

Hi mssheila,

I was there a few weeks ago visiting my son who is a student there. He had met her in the registrar's office where she worked just a day or two before her murder! He and his roomies are also mad about this whole thing and feel terrible about Brittany. He says the police seem to be everywhere on foot, kind of harrassing the kids as they walk around at night, trying to catch underage party-goers, but the crimes on campus seem to be worse than usual. Their car was broken into two weeks ago and their neighbor's house was burglarized the same night. Also the condition of the house he lives in is atrocious. He is going to rent somewhere else next year. His landlord owns practically the whole block and two houses down is the house that burned a few months ago, a kid from MN was killed in the fire. Non working smoke alarms. I think the houses these kids live in are very insecure, in terms of bad locks and shaky windows and doors, not to mention being firetraps. Between that and this and all the other college murders in the news I could lose a lot of sleep if I thought about it too much.

Eve

Hope it's ok that I post this news here due to the recent unsolved homicides. Does anyone know how close Fitchburg is to Madison?

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/local/283238

A Fitchburg man who attacked a stranger in the stairwell of her apartment building in 2006 was sentenced Friday to seven years and six months in prison.
Dane County Circuit Judge John Markson also placed Paul C. Aud, 34, on nine years and six months of extended supervision after prison. Markson found Aud guilty of second degree attempted sexual assault and substantial battery in November.
The parallels with recent unsolved homicides in Madison, apparently committed by strangers in the victims' homes, made Aud's sentencing that much more emotional.

Hope it's ok that I post this news here due to the recent unsolved homicides. Does anyone know how close Fitchburg is to Madison?.

Fitchburg is just south of downtown Madison about 10 minutes.

Here is a link to view all the criminal behavior he's been charged or convicted of from the WI Circuit Court access page.
http://wcca.wicourts.gov/pager.do;j...D7B0&offset=0&sortColumn=0&sortDirection=DESC

But what I'm confused about, and maybe I just read it too fast, is why they say he is from Fitchburg. All court records put his addresses is Madison, very close to Zimmermann's house. I think he was probably in jail for the sexual assault when Brittany was murdered though.

Here is the latest charges listed on CCAP-

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/caseDetail...ffset=0&mode=details&submit=View+Case+Details

State of Wisconsin vs. Paul C Aud

Dane County Case Number 2007CF001622

Filing Date
Case Type
Case Status

08-21-2007
Criminal
Closed

Defendant Name
Date of Birth
Sex
Race 1
Aud, Paul C
06-05-1973
Male
Caucasian
Address
Address Updated On
115 W Doty St, DCJ, Madison, WI 53703

Count No.
Statute
Description
Severity
Disposition
944.20(1)(a)
Lewd, Lascivious Behavior-In Public
Misd. A
Charge Dismissed but Read In
946.49(1)(b)
Bail Jumping-Felony
Felony H
Charge Dismissed but Read In
946.49(1)(b)
Bail Jumping-Felony

His address is listed as the Dane County Jail

This is the next charge on the list. There are a total of 3

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/caseDetail...FDDA01F0436E49406DD7B0&recordCount=3&offset=1

Dane County Case Number 2006CF002167

The defendant Paul C Aud was found guilty of the following charge(s) in this case. One or more other charges were dismissed. The dismissed charges were not proven and have no legal effect. Paul C Aud is presumed innocent of the dismissed charges.
  • <LI class=bulletItem>Paul C Aud was found guilty of 2nd Degree Sexual Assault/Use of Force, a class C felony, Wisconsin Statutes 940.225(2)(a).
  • Paul C Aud was found guilty of Substantial Battery-Intend Bodily Harm, a class I felony, Wisconsin
  • Statutes 940.19(2).
CASE DETAILS:

Dane County Case Number 2006CF002167

What is RSS?
Filing Date
Case Type
Case Status

Ascending Date Order
Descending Date Order
09-18-2006
Criminal
Closed
Defendant Date of Birth
Address
06-05-1973
Branch Id
DA Case Number
2006DA014018
Case(s) Cross-Referenced With This Case
2007CF001622

Charge(s)​
Count No.
Statute
Description
Severity
Disposition
940.31(1)(b)
Kidnapping/Seize or Confine w/o Consent
Felony C
Dismissed on Prosecutor's Motion
940.225(2)(a)
2nd Degree Sexual Assault/Use of Force
Felony C
Found Guilty at Jury Trial
940.19(2)
Substantial Battery-Intend Bodily Harm
Felony I
Found Guilty at Jury Trial
View history and details of Charge(s)/Sentence(s)
Defendant Owes the Court: $ 56.00
Responsible Official
Prosecuting Agency
Prosecuting Attorney
Defense Attorney
Markson, John W.
District Attorney
Mades, Lana
Chirafisi, Corey C

Defendant​
Defendant Name
Date of Birth
Sex
Race 1
Aud, Paul C
06-05-1973
Male
Caucasian
Address
Address Updated On
02-04-2008

<SNIP>

Again, his address is the Dane County Jail

This is the last, and oldest charges they have on the list:

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/caseDetail...ffset=2&mode=details&submit=View+Case+Details

County of Walworth vs. Paul C Aud

Walworth County Case Number 2005FO001382

What is RSS?
Filing Date
Case Type
Case Status

08-08-2005
Non-Traffic Ordinance Violation
Closed
Defendant Date of Birth
Address
06-1973
111 N. Hamilton, Madison, WI 53703 0000
Branch Id
DA Case Number
Charge(s)​
Count No.
Statute
Description
Severity
Disposition
38-32(a)
Possession of THC/Marijuana
Forf. U
Guilty / No Contest
View history and details of Charge(s)/Sentence(s)
Defendant Owes the Court: $ 0.00
Responsible Official
Prosecuting Agency
Prosecuting Attorney
Defense Attorney
Carlson, James L.
District Attorney

Defendant​
Defendant Name
Date of Birth
Sex
Race 1
Aud, Paul C
06-1973
Male
Caucasian
Address
Address Updated On
111 N. Hamilton, Madison, WI 53703 0000
08-08-2005

Lets continue on here..... Link to the old thread:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62895

In the last part of the old thread, I was replying to this post:

Patience
user_offline.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_2168616", true);

Fitchburg man sentenced in attack on Madison woman
Hope it's ok that I post this news here due to the recent unsolved homicides. Does anyone know how close Fitchburg is to Madison?

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/local/283238

A Fitchburg man who attacked a stranger in the stairwell of her apartment building in 2006 was sentenced Friday to seven years and six months in prison.
Dane County Circuit Judge John Markson also placed Paul C. Aud, 34, on nine years and six months of extended supervision after prison. Markson found Aud guilty of second degree attempted sexual assault and substantial battery in November.
The parallels with recent unsolved homicides in Madison, apparently committed by strangers in the victims' homes, made Aud's sentencing that much more emotional.

As I said in the first thread, you can find out all information about the rapist that was just convicted in Madison, Paul Aud, by looking at the Wisconsin Circuit Court access online pages. On the old thread, I copied and pasted all the court records on him, but here I will just give the link, so you can see for yourself.

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/pager.do;j...396A&offset=0&sortColumn=0&sortDirection=DESC

Patience, you had asked how far Fitchburg is to where Brittany lives...... the answer is this.....

Fitchburg is about 10 minutes from Brittany's house. The problem I have though, is that the article states that he lives in Fitchburg, but court records place him VERY close to her house. On Hamilton St... that's within a few blocks of Doty St, where Brittany lives.

I googled him, and I can find no information on him living in Fitchburg. Here is a link to the search results.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Paul+Aud+WI

The very first link is a phone book website. Look at the address:
http://www.google.com/search?q=Paul+Aud+WI&hl=en&pb=r&sa=X&oi=rwp&ct=title

Residential Phonebook [SIZE=-1]Results 1 - 1 of 1 for Paul Aud WI. (0.07 seconds) [/SIZE]
#mr{width:40&#37;}#res #mr{width:auto}Paul C Aud (608) 257-2927 111 N Hamilton St,Madison, WI 53703

That's his last known residence. Hamilton St is very, very close to Brittany's house. It's in the city of Madison, in the downtown district, and nowhere NEAR Fitchburg. I actually called the phone number and it is a working number. The voice on the voicemail greeting was a female. There was not a name given, but it said "We are not able to come to the phone". I wonder if Aud is married?

Along with the phone number and address is a link to a map.
http://maps.google.com/maps?li=rwp&q=111+N+Hamilton+St,+Madison,+WI+53703

I realize that once again, I'm replying to myself- I always seem to be the thread killer! The reason for the multiple posts is that while searching for information on Paul Aud- the recently convicted Madison rapist, I've found the Madison Police Department "incident report" on Brittany's case. This website is what looks to be a public records press release that details all the updates in the case.

Check it out:
http://www.cityofmadison.com/incidentReports/incidentDetail.cfm?id=9065

Police Incident Reports

Incident report for Case#2008-85855Released 04/02/2008 at 7:12 PM by PIO Joel DeSpainLast updated 04/16/2008 at 12:39 PM by PIO Joel DeSpainIncident TypeMurder/HomicideIncident Date04/02/2008 - 1:08 PMAddress500 block West Doty StreetVictimBrittany Sue Zimmermann, age 21, Marshfield WI (Ms. Zimmermann was currently living in Madison at the West Doty Street Address while she attended UW-Madison)DetailsBRITTANY ZIMMERMANN SCHOLARSHIP FUND (posted Wed. April 16th)

-In the wake of her tragic death, the family of Brittany Zimmermann has announced that they are establishing a scholarship in Brittany's name and conducting a fund drive called "Dollars for Brittany". A Marshfield credit union is facilitating the collection of funds.

Contributions can be sent to:

Brittany Zimmermann Memorial Fund
C/O Marshfield Medical Center CU
PO Box 279
Marshfield, WI 54449

(UPDATED Monday, April 14, 2008)

The Madison Police Department is seeking additional information from people who were in the Bassett Neighborhood either on the day Brittany was killed, or on the day before her death. Specifically, detectives would like to speak with anyone who was solicited for money &#8211; or gave money to strangers - on either April 1st or April 2nd. This would include citizens who were approached on the street, or at their homes, by one or more individuals. Investigators are focusing this effort on solicitations that were made on West Washington Ave., West Main St., West Wilson St., South Bedford St., South Bassett St., or West Doty Street. The MPD would ask those with information to call Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.

<SNIP>

This seems like the central location for all the info the media gets from the MPD

Thank you MsSheila for all the work you are doing here. Yes I am sure this so called Fitzburg fella was in jail when Brittany way murdered. I found this info stating that there are 6 recent unsolved homicides in the area, here are some that I have not heard of. I don't believe the "tire man" homicide in on this list but I could be wrong.

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/local/index.php?ntid=280242&ntpid=1

Unsolved homicides

The Brittany Sue Zimmerman case brings to six the number of Madison homicides since June that remain open cases:

LARRY R. GARDNER, 56
Killed: Nov. 21, 2007
Cause of death: Gunshot.
Where: 2209 Cypress Way.
Arrests: None.
Status: Police are looking for two black men between 18 and 20 years old, both more than 6 feet tall. One has light skin, last seen in a dark jacket with cartoon characters on it. The other has facial hair and wore dark clothing.
GEORGE L. THOMAS, 65
Killed: Aug. 22, 2007
Cause of death: Multiple forms of trauma.
Where: King's Inn, 915 W. Beltline.
KEVIN K. COBBINS, 26
Killed: July 28, 2007
Cause of death: Gunshot wounds.
Where: Outside duplex at 1305 Loreen Drive on the West Side.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back