GUILTY WI - Chad & Melinda Chritton, Joshua Drabek for abuse of 15yo girl, Madison, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
These 3 look overly nourished, as per usual it seems in these starvation cases. This 70 LB 15 year old had to punished and monitored for "stealing" food according to these poor, suffering parents...the true victims. Uh huh. Arrrgh! Hang em' high! This poor young girl was tortured and starved, and who knows what else. They all look evil and depraved.
This just baffles my mind, heart and soul. I feel sick.
They will get a posse of free attorneys that will drag this nonsense thru months of court time, and in the end receive an insufficient punishment for the crimes. An extravagant expense for these pieces of garbage, all funded by us taxpayers. Yet the state will struggle to find adequate funds and programs to give this girl the top notch rehab she so deserves and needs.
Another fine day in America.
Do I sound jaded and angry a bit? :furious::furious: :banghead::banghead:

I don't know if Im allowed to post this, but me, my 2 sisters, and my brother were not even ALLOWED to have part-time jobs, we were not allowed to learn to drive, we were not allowed to have friends or leave our yard. We had to come straight home from school, stay in the house, and keep our freakin' mouths shut. I'm amazed we all survived. My younger sister has cut off all ties with family because she doesn't want anyone in her life that reminds her of her childhood. Sorry, but I just needed to share this. Thanks for listening.

Sha, you can post as much or as little personal information as you feel comfortable with. Thank you for sharing a piece of your childhood experience with us. You survived because you are a survivor and I applaud you for it.

Happy to listen. I have noticed that many members here at Websleuths have had less than ideal upbringings. I almost wonder if those rough childhood traumas are what drive many of us to become such staunch advocates for others through this site.

The charges against Chad Chritton are up on www.wcca.wicourts.gov. His next appearance is scheduled for 2/23. Charges are the same for Melinda Drabek-Chritton (didn't see them at first because I didn't realize they were using the hyphenated name rather than just 'Chritton').

State of Wisconsin vs. Chad G Chritton
Dane County Case Number 2012CF000292
Charge(s)/Sentence(s)
Charge Detail
The Defendant was charged with the following offense:
Count No. Statute Cite Description Severity Offense Date Plea
1 941.30(1) 1st-Degree Recklessly Endangering Safety Felony F 01-01-2007

3 948.03(2)(b) Child Abuse-Intentionally Cause Harm Felony H 01-01-2007

5 948.21(1) Neglecting a Child​

I also used to sneak food as a kid from time to time (yummy, junky things that I knew I shouldn't be eating) and hide it from my parents. And my parents were the most loving, providing parents anyone could ask for. But I agree - the phrasing of "stealing" might raise red flags.

I got married at age 18 just to escape and didn't eat for a whole month after having a stillborn baby boy at age 20. How did I survive not eating for a whole month? No one believes me. I did have hot tea with creamer though. I lost 50lbs in one month.

Stepbrother charged with sexual abuse of Wis. teen

http://www.centurylink.net/news/read.php?id=18825858&ps=931&cat=&cps=0&lang=en

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — The stepbrother of a severely malnourished Wisconsin 15-year-old was charged Thursday with repeatedly sexually assaulting her beginning around her 10th birthday, in the same year she says her father and stepmother began confining her to the basement.

Dane County prosecutors also charged the girl's father, 40, and stepmother, 42, with child abuse and first-degree reckless endangerment, which are felonies, as well as a misdemeanor count of neglecting a child.

More at link....

My heart hurts for this child. How many years of therapy might it take to work through this trauma? Even with all the help in the world she may never be healed emotionally. But I MUST hpoe that she can become a feirce, strong, independent, mentally healthy adult and that with assistance this can happen, despite the unspeakable trauma she's been subjected to.

I have to belive that is possible lest I lose my sanity reading cases like this one.

Stepbrother charged with sexual abuse of Wis. teen

http://www.centurylink.net/news/read.php?id=18825858&ps=931&cat=&cps=0&lang=en

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — The stepbrother of a severely malnourished Wisconsin 15-year-old was charged Thursday with repeatedly sexually assaulting her beginning around her 10th birthday, in the same year she says her father and stepmother began confining her to the basement.

Dane County prosecutors also charged the girl's father, 40, and stepmother, 42, with child abuse and first-degree reckless endangerment, which are felonies, as well as a misdemeanor count of neglecting a child.

More at link....

And that's why she was abused by her parents, imo. They blamed her for being abused by her brother. Sickening.

She was the woman's stepdaughter and the step-brother I presume is the woman's biological child. We've seen quite a few cases where a step child ends up being abused.

She wasn't her father's step-child though.

What was he thinking? I don't have kids and I'm not a man, but, seriously, if your stepson was sexually abusing your 10 year old daughter, would you lock her in a basement and let her starve, or would you toss him out on his arse, even if it meant you had to toss out the wife too?

I can't comprehend it.

I think I've read this whole thread but I can't find the answer to: Where is her mother??

It certainly doesn't look like step-mother denied herself any food. Meanwhile the child was 70 pounds at 15 years old.

According to the Department of Children and Families, there had been 10 reports of suspected neglect, sexual abuse or physical since 2006, three of which remain pending. Those three include a Feb. 6 report — the day a passing motorist spotted the girl walking barefoot and wearing thin pajamas.

The department released few details, citing legal reasons.

Of the seven others, six were unsubstantiated or didn't meet the legal definition of abuse or neglect. The department says a May 1997 report of physical abuse was substantiated but didn't note what more happened.

From Readers link. BBM This is what makes me crazy. I'm sick to death of the unsubstantiated CPS reports. That is their way of avoiding work as far I'm concerned. You would think 10 complaints would buy them a clue, but no.

That article answered a lot of questions for me. I had looked at the step-brother's charges that were posted today on the Circuit Court page, and was a little confused that he was charged 2-16-2012 but that the dates for each charge were from previous years. I wasn't sure if those charges were related to his stepsister or someone else.

And that's why she was abused by her parents, imo. They blamed her for being abused by her brother. Sickening.

Possible, although maybe not. I think the abuse at the hands of her stepmother came first.

I think I've read this whole thread but I can't find the answer to: Where is her mother??

From what I've been able to gather from some quick googling tonight, her mother lives in a different state, quite some distance away.

From Readers link. BBM This is what makes me crazy. I'm sick to death of the unsubstantiated CPS reports. That is their way of avoiding work as far I'm concerned. You would think 10 complaints would buy them a clue, but no.

I think that's frustrating, too, although it sounds like this stepmother had the whole cycle of 'abuse, then cover your tracks really well' down to a science. She must have had a very elaborate web of lies down pat.

Has to be one heck of a back story with each of them, imo. Just sick.... I will be praying for this child and her future out of the depths of hell. Hoping this story goes national in the media and someone on one of cable news channel picks it up because people need to hear, see and acknowledge this is going on....way too much. :(

Oh wow, just looking at the stepmonster disgusts me. She surely didn't miss any meals. This whole thing is infuriating but luckily they were stupid enough to put those posts online about how they abused the child which shows this was chronic long term abuse.
I hope they put them all under the jail although in stepmomster's case it might require extra digging to make a hole to fit her. Sorry if this violates TOS. Really, this was the nicest thing I could say.

She was 70 lb at 15, and CPS believed the complaints were unsubstantiated? What exactly does CPS need to substantiate the complaints?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shablee
Back