GUILTY WI - Chad & Melinda Chritton, Joshua Drabek for abuse of 15yo girl, Madison, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Stepmother pleaded no contest and was sentenced on July 26th to 5 years in jail and 3 years on extended probation.

Dane County Circuit Judge Julie Genovese told the woman she believed the girl had problems that began before the woman met her. Genovese said the woman and her husband tried to get the girl help but ultimately gave up. She said the sentence _ five years behind bars and three years on extended supervision _ was meant to send a message that people can't deal with children's problems by isolating them.
"At some point you left her to fend for herself," the judge said. "She could have died from lack of nutrition. ... I sense still that part of you feels justified in your actions and your inaction."

The father will be tried again in November, and the stepbrother will be tried in Feb 2014.

"At some point you left her to fend for herself," the judge said. "She could have died from lack of nutrition. ... I sense still that part of you feels justified in your actions and your inaction."

I dont know what to say to this. What do you say to something like this? I feel like we will never know what really happened in that house because the judge just gave a bunch of weight (imo) to the argument that the girl had issues and contributed to the situation she was in.

Looking forward to an update on their website for this statement:
Also, and most importantly, please remember that both (CC) and (MC) have consistently maintained their innocence throughout and continue to do so today.

A no contest plea is legally a guilty plea. The defendant is hoping to win brownie points for not causing the state the cost of a trial. At least imo.

I dont know what to say to this. What do you say to something like this? I feel like we will never know what really happened in that house because the judge just gave a bunch of weight (imo) to the argument that the girl had issues and contributed to the situation she was in.

The defense arguments (which were made, I guess, in the sentencing phase) disgustingly blamed the girl for everything and tried to paint this horrible woman as trying her best to help. It does sound like the judge partially believed that the stepmom might have meant well -- she didn't give as much time as the prosecutor was asking for.

The prosecutor brought up the idea that maybe they kept the girl locked in the basement so she couldn't report the abuse she was suffering from her stepbrother. I wouldn't be surprised.

I HATE this couple!!!

"We were poor" which means what exactly? You were well fed as was your husband and everyone else in the house. Kudos to you that the only corners you cut was in the care and feeding of this 15 year old?

Does she listen to herself when she speaks do you think?

May I ask why taking a deal doesnt automatically require you to give a recitation of your responsibility for what you have done? She should have to say "YES, I mentally abused this child and YES I recklessly endangered her and this is how I did both..."

The stepmother was sentenced to five years in prison in October, and the father is due to be sentenced today.
The 42-year-old Madison father was convicted of child abuse and other charges in November. He was also found guilty of felony child neglect in March. At one point the teen weighed just 68 pounds.
He faces a maximum sentence of 28 years in prison when he's sentenced Wednesday ahttp://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/29/wisconsin-father-convicted-starving-daughter-locking-her-in-basement-faces/fternoon in Dane County.
:loveyou::jail:

Sentencing is always frustrating to me. I don't think I've ever felt satisfied by the outcome. I always believe people deserve much worse than what they get.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NellyKim