MP56930 - Charlotte Ann Erdman
upload_2019-6-7_23-16-19.jpeg

Name: Charlotte Ann Erdman
Missing since: 07/18/1974
Missing from: Watertown, Dodge County, Wisconsin
Height/Weight: 5’8”; 140 pounds
Hair/Eye Color: Brown and Blue
Race: White/Caucasian
Details: Charlotte ran away from home at age 15. She may have been picked up by a 41 year-old long-haul trucker based out of Illinois. Family received a letter from her around 2 weeks after her disappearance, postmarked from Illinois, stating she was not involved in any illegal activity and would continue to send correspondence. They never heard from her again
Law Enforcement contact:
Agency:
Dodge County Sheriffs Office
Phone Number:
(920) 386-3726
Case #: 19-13718
Date reported: 05/29/2019

67DFWI – Charlotte Erdman
june 8, 2019

image-200.jpg

Charlotte Ann Erdman

Missing since July 18th 1974 from Watertown, Dodge County, Wisconsin
Classification: Endangered Runaway

—————————————————-

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: 1958 – 1959

Age at Time of Disappearance: 15 years old

Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5’8″; 140 pounds

Distinguishing Characteristics: White Female, Brown hair, Blue eyes

—————————————————-

Circumstances of Disappearance

Charlotte ran away from home on at age 15 from Watertown, Wisconsin on July 18th 1974. She may be with an older male companion. The companion was a 41 year old male who was a long haul truck driver based off of Illinois. Her family received a letter from her two weeks later. She said that she was not involved on any illegal activities and would continue to keep contact but she never did.

Charlotte was reported missing on May 29th 2019.

—————————————————-

Investigators
If you have any information concerning whereabouts, please contact:

Dodge County Sheriffs Office

(920) 386-3726

Agency Case Number: 19-13718

NamUs Case Number: MP#56930

Hey, thanks for starting this thread. I had just decided I would look for it and here it is, brand new.
I just made a post on Charlotte Ann the other night over on the EDJD thread. I know that one is a long shot but I thought they looked somewhat similar although the ages are a good bit off.
Charlotte could still be out there somewhere. It seems like that kind of case.
I find it odd that she thought to include the part about illegal activities in her letter home but that could just indicate that she's from a decent family and wanted to reassure them.
I see Charlotte is not on any rule out lists so I assume her case hasn't had a whole lot of exposure. Maybe that will change with the update and this thread and some information on her will turn up before too long.

Hey, thanks for starting this thread. I had just decided I would look for it and here it is, brand new.
I just made a post on Charlotte Ann the other night over on the EDJD thread. I know that one is a long shot but I thought they looked somewhat similar although the ages are a good bit off.
Charlotte could still be out there somewhere. It seems like that kind of case.
I find it odd that she thought to include the part about illegal activities in her letter home but that could just indicate that she's from a decent family and wanted to reassure them.
I see Charlotte is not on any rule out lists so I assume her case hasn't had a whole lot of exposure. Maybe that will change with the update and this thread and some information on her will turn up before too long.
Charlotte was reported missing on May 29th 2019. My assumption as to why that is , is possibly because she was reported missing but authorities immediately wrote her off as a runaway or that the report was lost and had to be reported again.

I was trying to find a match for this girl and found this UID. Most things are about right, height and age estimates are a little off though.
I also noticed that the reconstruction looks very similar to Charlotte. Even the detail about how Charlotte may have been picked up by a trucker and the UID possibly having been left by someone in a passing vehicle makes sense.
Images for comparison:
Original
Original

Websleuths thread on UID

17 Oct 2004, 11 - Wisconsin State Journal at Newspapers.com

She’s mentioned in this newspaper as missing, I’m guessing this is the obituary of one of her relatives that passed away in 2004.

So she was just reported missing a couple weeks ago, I thought it was just an update or something. That's interesting.
It's her grandmother's obituary but I can't make heads or tails about who her parents could be. Maybe they go by another name or are not listed in this obit. Theres a full copy of it at this find a grave page.
Sorry I had to edit, I forgot to add the link. Here it is.

Esther Hattie Wendt Nelson (1910-2004) - Find A...

Last edited:
I was trying to find a match for this girl and found this UID. Most things are about right, height and age estimates are a little off though.
I also noticed that the reconstruction looks very similar to Charlotte. Even the detail about how Charlotte may have been picked up by a trucker and the UID possibly having been left by someone in a passing vehicle makes sense.
Images for comparison:
Original
Original

Websleuths thread on UID
It does seem right, considering that she likely went to Illinois. The letter she sent to her family was postmarked from there.

I am the president of the nonprofit organization Someday Known which helped open this case and I am working directly with charlotte's family. They will be submitting DNA soon for comparison against the unidentified person database.

I am the president of the nonprofit organization Someday Known which helped open this case and I am working directly with charlotte's family. They will be submitting DNA soon for comparison against the unidentified person database.
Ok, do you know Charlottes date of birth? Do you know the name of the man she was apparently picked up by. Thank you for helping to get her case back up.

Thank you!
Charlotte's date of birth is 10/21/58. This is the first time her case has ever been opened.
It is possible she is alive and well, but her family would like to rule out the possibility that she may have been in the unidentified database all these years. We only have an approximation of the trucker's name right now so it is not being released at this time.
Also it is important to note in her case that the date of disappearance should be considered "on or around" this date rather than exact.

Last edited:
Thank you!
Charlotte's date of birth is 10/21/58. This is the first time her case has ever been opened.
It is possible she is alive and well, but her family would like to rule out the possibility that she may have been in the unidentified database all these years. We only have an approximation of the trucker's name right now so it is not being released at this time.
Also it is important to note in her case that the date of disappearance should be considered "on or around" this date rather than exact.
Since Charlotte is a missing child, will she be established with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teqtoshi
Back