WI WI - Charlotte Ann Erdman, 15, Watertown, 18 July 1974

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So she was just reported missing a couple weeks ago, I thought it was just an update or something. That's interesting.
It's her grandmother's obituary but I can't make heads or tails about who her parents could be. Maybe they go by another name or are not listed in this obit. Theres a full copy of it at this find a grave page.
Sorry I had to edit, I forgot to add the link. Here it is.

Esther Hattie Wendt Nelson (1910-2004) - Find A...

To me, this implies that the person/people who wrote the obituary -- blamed the unnamed parents for the granddaughter's disappearance on some level.

Also possible that Charlotte is technically a step-grandchild, who Grandma still holds close in her heart.

Just as possible that the informant was rushed or the editing sketchy.

Where are you, Charlotte?

JMHO YMMV LRR

To me, this implies that the person/people who wrote the obituary -- blamed the unnamed parents for the granddaughter's disappearance on some level.

Also possible that Charlotte is technically a step-grandchild, who Grandma still holds close in her heart.

Just as possible that the informant was rushed or the editing sketchy.

Where are you, Charlotte?

JMHO YMMV LRR

The obituary linked by T Rex is for Charlotte's maternal grandmother. Her mother is listed there as well but she divorced Charlotte's father and had remarried, so she no longer had the same last name as her daughter Charlotte.
Charlotte's mother died in 2011 (the husband listed there is her 2nd husband but both husbands had the same first name).
Her mother's obituary lists Charlotte as a survivor and doesn't mention her being missing.

Her father died in 2018 and his obituary lists Charlotte as preceding him in death with a note saying "whereabouts unknown".

:(

Someone asked why she’d have stopped communicating with her family after she left and possibly married the 41 year old trucker. The first thing that I thought was maybe he groomed her into thinking they weren’t her family anymore, or that they didn’t approve of their “love”.

The age is a bit off, but she could be the Lady of the Dunes. The timeframe is tight, but it could be so.

Lady_of_the_Dunes
I was actually thinking the same thing. Also , it was July, so the extreme heat could accelerate decomp making a timeline quite difficult. Charlotte was not reported missing at the time.. not until 2019

1672399584223.jpg
It would be great to know something more about her. Maybe her siblings and friends can help. Did she and her family know the trucker beforehand? Or she just met him after running away? Why did she run away?

Charlotte Erdman​

Updated: Jan 11, 2022

Charlotte Erdman was last heard from on July 18th, 1974 when she ran away from her home in Watertown, Wisconsin at age 15. Her family believes that she may have been pick up by a 41-year-old long-haul trucker based out of Illinois.

35529d_e7c6d15ddd8744f0ad65bf21a0f6d25a~mv2.jpg

Her family received a letter from her around 2 weeks after her disappearance that was postmarked from Illinois. It stated that she was not involved in any illegal activity and would continue to send correspondence to them. However, they never heard from her again.
35529d_bbf4eedba36f4e378828c64ba6287bde~mv2.jpg

35529d_54424076718349a7b220a8b5e758910f~mv2.jpg

Charlotte was not reported missing until May 29th, 2019.

Charlotte is described as a white woman with brown hair and blue eyes, 5’7”-5’9”, and 125-165 pounds.

She was 15 when she went missing and would be 62 years old today.

I wonder if anyone has considered this case in relation to Catherine Sjoberg who disappeared a month before this in the same area?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back