WI WI- County Highway N bridge over the Des Plaines River in Paris, Baby John Doe #UP13695, homicide, '89, DNA identified kin, '24, *name not disclosed*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
''In November 1989, a newborn male infant was discovered under the County Highway N bridge over the Des Plaines River in Paris, Wisconsin. Paris is located just south of Milwaukee. The Kenosha County Sheriff’s Department responded to the scene. The full-term infant was found wrapped in blankets and placed inside of a plastic bag. It was determined that the baby was 5 to 12 days old at the time of his death, which was ruled a homicide. Investigators were unable to identify the baby or locate his next of kin. The infant was buried in St. John’s Cemetery in the Town of Randall.''

I wonder why "The case was referred to the Racine County District Attorney's Office where it was determined that charges would not be filed". If the baby was 5 to 12 days old when it died, this wasn't some paniced teen mother making a rash decision right after she gave birth. Maybe the mother has since died, so there's no one to charge?

I wonder why "The case was referred to the Racine County District Attorney's Office where it was determined that charges would not be filed". If the baby was 5 to 12 days old when it died, this wasn't some paniced teen mother making a rash decision right after she gave birth. Maybe the mother has since died, so there's no one to charge?

One wonders if mother jumped and is thought to have died in the river.

View attachment 535458
I'm not sure what it looked like back then but from what I see now, there's not really enough distance to 'jump' off of.
Looks like the river changes. But the odds are they would have found a body because the current is slow. Odds are the bridge was the same in 1989. We drove into WI this summer and I was kinda surprised to see the Des Plaines RIver. I thought it originated in Illinois. It was also Nov, so the river was likely slow.

The slow-moving Des Plaines River rises in southern Wisconsin just west of Kenosha adjacent to the Great Lakes Dragway and flows southward primarily through marshland, with a small eastbound kink before it crosses into Illinois.

Screenshot Capture - 2024-10-09 - 11-16-57.png

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vingigi