GUILTY WI - Darrell Brooks Rams Car Into Holiday Parade Crowd - 6 dead/61 Injured - Waukesha #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wonder how he would’ve behaved had the judge been more assertive and exercised her authority properly from the get go. I guess we’ll never know. She had allowed him to get away with so much and that has emboldened him. He’s found a weakness in her and is exploiting it! Her weakness: she wants to be fair and is insecure about her authority. In the end, she has allowed him to subvert the fairness of the process and challenge her authority! This is a terrible projection of judicial authority IMO.

Its a Freudian expression by him. He feels boxed in as this trial nears a conclusion.
Freudian expression? He is doing it deliberately, the same way he puts on his mask, takes it off, puts it back on. He has been deemed competent to stand trial. Freudian expression is not a defense for being stubborn or obstinate in a court of law.

I really wonder how he would’ve behaved had the judge been more assertive and exercised her authority properly from the get go. I guess we’ll never know. She had allowed him to get away with so much and that has emboldened him. He’s found a weakness in her and is exploiting it! Her weakness: she wants to be fair and is insecure about her authority. In the end, she has allowed him to subvert the fairness of the process and challenge her authority! This is a terrible projection of judicial authority IMO.
I might be able to agree with this thought if he was strictly being disruptive and abusive.

However, he is doing so with the purpose of, and in conjunction with, trying to derail the case. This is more than bad behavior. It is a strategy.

He can play this game without a more severe penalty because he is acting as his own counsel.

I agree that she could be a little less patient but I understand the caution. I don't think it would calm his outbursts but it could have sped up the pace of the trial.

She is in a unenviable position. I am impressed that she has held her composure so well. My response would be more along your thinking. To show him who is in charge of the courtroom.

Just my thoughts.

Otis

Last edited:
I think we've seen a good balance of how he reacts. I have noticed, when she asserts herself he cowers somewhat and tries to speak like they have an understanding/bond OR he will lean heavy on the victim standpoint and become what his interpretation of meek is.

The circular conversations, word salads and low set ears are enough for me. He is grinding my gears, yet I cannot look away.

Justice for his victims.

Per Chanley Painter CourtTV

Jury makeup: 10 men, 5 women
Looks like ages are in the 20’s to early 70’s
Not sure jury make up in a case like this makes a lot of difference...I think it important that all live in this community...I am just not sure how the presumption of innocence could ever really be claimed by anyone.

I think he would have to in essence admit he did everything…which I think he has multiple times…then somehow argue that the law being applied to him personally is unjust for whatever reason, so the jury should acquit him.
I really don’t see how the charges against him could be argued that way.
My guess is he wants to argue all the sovereign citizen junk about jurisdiction and his name etc and that those reasons are why he should be found innocent. He calls that jury nullification. The judge calls that arguing things not presented as evidence in the trial which isn’t allowed. Pretty sure she’s correct.
I think he will tell them he has not understood anything. Clearly the jury saw him in court...they know he understands everything.

Actually in terms of closing he better say what he needs to fast because my guess it will be so off topic and law that it will be one objection after another and he will go crazy and have to go in other courtroom and done. I give him max 5 minutes.

I watched Ronnie Oneal represent himself for murdering his family in Tampa and lose.
I watched Trevor Summers in his FL kidnapping/attempted murder trial as he represented himself, unsuccessfully, but he maintained a counsel at his table.

I think DB is pulling the "I don't understand" for his appeal. As the Judge stated, if he understands jury nullification, then he understands the jury instructions.

I think the Judge bent over backwards in trying to help him make the best decisions. He refused to take the cue and remained obstinate.

My fave moment was when the DA quickly announced that she wanted to play the audio along with his rap video, even tho it didn't happen. I admired her for attempting to take it a step further to show the Jury his persona.

I watched Ronnie Oneal represent himself for murdering his family in Tampa and lose.
I watched Trevor Summers in his FL kidnapping/attempted murder trial as he represented himself, unsuccessfully, but he maintained a counsel at his table.

I think DB is pulling the "I don't understand" for his appeal. As the Judge stated, if he understands jury nullification, then he understands the jury instructions.

I think the Judge bent over backwards in trying to help him make the best decisions. He refused to take the cue and remained obstinate.

My fave moment was when the DA quickly announced that she wanted to play the audio along with his rap video, even tho it didn't happen. I admired her for attempting to take it a step further to show the Jury his persona.

Ronnie O'neal :mad:

The man intentionally drove his momma's car into a parade of people, killing 6, including children, and injuring another 63.

The brakes worked.

He will be judged guilty on all counts.

Have patience.

Be like Jennifer.

I spent the day in the courtroom yesterday and went downtown to see the street for which on this unfathomable tragedy occurred. Being in the same room as DB is like being in a room with a human-sized wolf spider—sharp fangs and venom but you can't squash it because it has its rights. One thing that I will never forget was when DB was screaming louder than he ever has when he was muted and in the other courtroom. He was screaming at the top of his lungs. Two different branches of the courthouse could hear him. It was so loud and the way the sound vibrated through the courthouse, it literally sounded like a demon shrieking from the gates of hell. I looked over at the victim's and saw Jackson Spark's dad wiping sweat off his forehead, shaking his head and other victim's putting their heads in their laps. You could feel their anguish—the victims' pain felt so real and it was emanating through out the courtroom. The jury is composed of older, intelligent-looking men and women. No African-Americans but there were a couple Latino jurors. Everyone else on the jury is Caucasian.

How wonderful it will be when this monster is convicted. He knows it is coming and is just trying to delay the inevitable. I did see DB's reflection in his computer monitor, his eyes and face. Something about him makes me think of ISIS, I think it's just because he's a ruthless psychopath that would probably join them if they let him drive over people on camera but at one point I think he made eye contact with my reflection and I remember looking up and seeing him looking at me and other's in the gallery through the reflection on his monitor and I just remember thinking, if looks could kill and the horrifying glares he loves to make. I don't think we've ever seen someone so evil in a Wisconsin courtroom.

I spent the day in the courtroom yesterday and went downtown to see the street for which on this unfathomable tragedy occurred. Being in the same room as DB is like being in a room with a human-sized wolf spider—sharp fangs and venom but you can't squash it because it has its rights. One thing that I will never forget was when DB was screaming louder than he ever has when he was muted and in the other courtroom. He was screaming at the top of his lungs. Two different branches of the courthouse could hear him. It was so loud and the way the sound vibrated through the courthouse, it literally sounded like a demon shrieking from the gates of hell. I looked over at the victim's and saw Jackson Spark's dad wiping sweat off his forehead, shaking his head and other victim's putting their heads in their laps. You could feel their anguish—the victims' pain felt so real and it was emanating through out the courtroom. The jury is composed of older, intelligent-looking men and women. No African-Americans but there were a couple Latino jurors. Everyone else on the jury is Caucasian.

How wonderful it will be when this monster is convicted. He knows it is coming and is just trying to delay the inevitable. I did see DB's reflection in his computer monitor, his eyes and face. Something about him makes me think of ISIS, I think it's just because he's a ruthless psychopath that would probably join them if they let him drive over people on camera but at one point I think he made eye contact with my reflection and I remember looking up and seeing him looking at me and other's in the gallery through the reflection on his monitor and I just remember thinking, if looks could kill and the horrifying glares he loves to make. I don't think we've ever seen someone so evil in a Wisconsin courtroom.
Thank you for sharing.
Like others have said I’m sure this loud bullying, no filter, circular demonic-like attacks have intimidated others in his life for decades.
Massive respect is for the victims families, jury, people like yourself, press, lawyers, judge to just be in the same room with this animal.
He has that palpable evil projection like Charles Manson.

MOO

Thank you for sharing.
Like others have said I’m sure this loud bullying, no filter, circular demonic-like attacks have intimidated others in his life for decades.
Massive respect is for the victims families, jury, people like yourself, press, lawyers, judge to just be in the same room with this animal.
He has that palpable evil projection like Charles Manson.

MOO
IMO, so true. I commend the families, judge and prosecutors for maintaining their integrity throughout the trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member