GUILTY WI - Darrell Brooks Rams Car Into Holiday Parade Crowd - 6 dead/61 Injured - Waukesha # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious if watching his reactions yesterday had an impact on his family. His mother stated in her interviews that she did not watch the trial, so it is unclear if she would watch the sentencing. In my opinion, his mother seems like someone who has had to deal with a family member with a personality disorder for many years. I have experienced this first hand and if this is the case with her, the person with the disorder can distort your whole view of reality. The longer you are away from them, the more you are able to see the bigger picture. Eventually you start to realize some people are beyond help, because they are unwilling to help themselves.

That said, I am not convinced his family will show up. Just like at trial. JMO
ALL they have to do is speak on zoom...they would never come to the courtroom. I think they will do the zoom as court has made the arrangements. I am not expecting more than the two but another person has the zoom link etc. Most of today will be letting this monster go on and at this point if it is too bad I would not be surprised if some in the courtroom explode on him.

the judge told him clearly yesterday during another of his melodramatic apologies to her that the apology needs to go to the VICTIMS. I do think he is delusional enough to think that judge may be lenient with him and might just attempt some apology. The most leniency he will get is TIME SERVED which should really help him out. Keyword in sentencing will be consecutive and no chance of parole. Sue Opper made such a good point..anything else would place a higher value on one of the victims over another. Never happen. I have also got the impression he will not really be in any sort of therapy but not sure how all of that works
Watching the way he was breathing and some of the other things, I think he may have some form of treatment or counseling. Those are very typical therapy exercises to control anger and anxiety. I agree he needs and hopefully will get the maximum penalty. He was taking notes, so I also agree he will likely craft a fake apology. He is not stupid, he just lacks empathy.

ALL they have to do is speak on zoom...they would never come to the courtroom. I think they will do the zoom as court has made the arrangements. I am not expecting more than the two but another person has the zoom link etc. Most of today will be letting this monster go on and at this point if it is too bad I would not be surprised if some in the courtroom explode on him.
I wasn't meaning it would be difficult for them. Just that seeing his behavior yesterday may (hopefully) have changed their mind in supporting him.

I wasn't meaning it would be difficult for them. Just that seeing his behavior yesterday may (hopefully) have changed their mind in supporting him.
that mother has been living with his behavior for all these years...I honestly don't know if he ever got any better with meds etc. but yesterday was nothing new for her and she may well have not watched. I don't think without the zoom she could participate at all other than have someone read the letter to court...at least one yesterday mentioned she is also responsible for the massacre...and I agree. You know your son has mental issues and is violent and you go and bail him out and give him your car??? I think frankly charges could be brought against her but will not be. She would not be welcome in that courtroom nor will she garner much sympathy for DB or herself. She will rely heavily on her faith and bible passages in her message hoping that will resonate with some of the Waukesha residents. DB can turn his bible back to the jail upon his departure tonight. He can get a new one in prison.

I expect the mother and grandmother will say the same stuff that the mother has been saying in TV interviews. He's mentally ill etc. I don't think anyone in that courtroom will want to hear that, frankly, and I can't blame them. Lack of empathy/remorse does not indicate mental illness IMO. I don't expect they will say anything that will be soothing or bring some catharsis to the victims'/and those affected by this attack.

I expect the mother and grandmother will say the same stuff that the mother has been saying in TV interviews. He's mentally ill etc. I don't think anyone in that courtroom will want to hear that, frankly, and I can't blame them. Lack of empathy/remorse does not indicate mental illness IMO. I don't expect they will say anything that will be soothing or bring some catharsis to the victims'/and those affected by this attack.
whatever mental illness he purports to have he is in no way compromised in terms of understanding everything that is going on...has capacity for right or wrong etc. Yesterday was yet another example of his sharp mind...spotting that grieving man giving his statement and immediately connected it that he was the person that he complained about early on since Judge Dorow had worked with his father or something. The grandmother has written some statement and media has already published it. Just more of the same...agree this is not going to mean anything in that courtroom.And worse yet to say I have lost a son/grandson etc. as if those grieving parents in courtroom care about that?

Are DB’s eyes rolling back in his head while the Catholic lady speaks? Are we seeing an exorcism in progress?
i love how many of the speakers in the later groups really called him out on his bizarre behavior...the eye rolling and pounding on spot where heart should be etc. It must have felt so good for them to do this. A shout out to the team led by Sue Opper who prosecuted this so well....i can imagine for all the kooks and thugs in their area she is now a target...not an easy job...she really has a passion for it. Same with judge...she must have to take some security precautions.

Sadly, IMO we will only hear more " Caged Bird" analogies from DW. And, the blaming of " The System".

IMO, DB is not the only human being suffering from choosing not to take meds for his own Mental Health. This world is full of those people. People have choices, and people suffer the consequences of their choices. Since the beginning of time..
This excuse will not fly at all with Judge Dorow

Sadly, IMO we will only hear more " Caged Bird" analogies from DW. And, the blaming of " The System".

IMO, DB is not the only human being suffering from choosing not to take meds for his own Mental Health. This world is full of those people. People have choices, and people suffer the consequences of their choices. Since the beginning of time..
This excuse will not fly at all with Judge Dorow
can't get help or meds but as I understand it this monster is getting some sort of public assistance check from government for many years. Did he ever have a paying job??? Any school buddies coming forward to say anything about him. Is his nephew who he shot at coming forward to speak for him????? This guy should have been off the streets decades ago but finally today he will be gone. Or are they taking him over to MKE to defend himself in that case???? The amount of taxpayer $$ spent on this guy could have built and staffed a high quality mental hospital.

i love how many of the speakers in the later groups really called him out on his bizarre behavior...the eye rolling and pounding on spot where heart should be etc. It must have felt so good for them to do this. A shout out to the team led by Sue Opper who prosecuted this so well....i can imagine for all the kooks and thugs in their area she is now a target...not an easy job...she really has a passion for it. Same with judge...she must have to take some security precautions.
The gestures on his chest over his heart both puzzled me and offended me. For Catholics (and perhaps other religions), the beating of the breast is an outward sign of inward contrition.

Puzzled: Was he having a moment of sincerity in acknowledging his guilt and motioning for repentance?

Offended: My realization that paired with his eye-rolling, he was likely mocking a religious practice.

jmo

can't get help or meds but as I understand it this monster is getting some sort of public assistance check from government for many years. Did he ever have a paying job??? Any school buddies coming forward to say anything about him. Is his nephew who he shot at coming forward to speak for him????? This guy should have been off the streets decades ago but finally today he will be gone. Or are they taking him over to MKE to defend himself in that case???? The amount of taxpayer $$ spent on this guy could have built and staffed a high quality mental hospital.
If he was on SSI, for disabled, he is automatically qualified for disabled medicaid, with case management.

The key is that he actually needs to show up to appointments, once in awhile. I have often thought that entitlement benefits, such as SSI, should include some sort of eligibility piece, like taking medication to manage the disability. But, the system is not set up that way. Zero accountability. Just entitlement.

SBM

A handful of victims were able to share their statements before the courtroom was cleared late Tuesday morning due to an unspecified "threat," according to Waukesha County deputies. Shortly thereafter, deputies stood guard at the windows in the courtroom.

Dozens of additional statements are expected throughout the day, likely including some from people who will speak on Brooks' behalf.
938bffb7-981c-4a23-94cf-29aaf8624487-MJS_BROOKS_BROOKS15-4.jpg

# More photos at link

It appears DB is surrounded by at least 5 LEOs. I wonder whether there were this many officers around Brooks during the entire trial or only since this morning's threat. MOO
Thank you for sharing that link I didn't know there were pictures released. Seeing most of the victims who gave their impact statements, and how close they can see DB gives you a different perspective of what they went through. Bless all who gave their statements yesterday even while witnessing him being rude, callous, and showing no remorse for what he did.

shuffling some papers...might try one last time for "subject matter jurisdiction"??

judge is always right on time...probably going to be problems with the zoom today?

He has lost some weight for sure.. "render the account" does he want to pay his bill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member