Found Deceased WI - Elijah Vue, 3 year old Elijah Vue, Two Rivers, 20 Feb 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s how I read it. I believe an examination of their cell phones will substantiate ongoing punishments discussed between them. Just as we’ve seen in other cases.

MOO only of course but after reading other cases I’ve begun to suspect that there’s a similar bizarre excitement here that occurs when two suspects discuss the “bad” behavior of a child and how it should be dealt with. It frequently is documented through text messages where it’s not uncommon to see one caregiver urge the other to commit violence upon the child. One recent example was little Gabby Barrett in Michigan.

Again IMO only.

Absolutely yes to the bolded.

Nathan Sloop is an infamous example, but honestly there are likely hundreds more here. It seems to provide excitement to the abusers and also some confirmation of their bond -- they're in this together and the abusive acts confirm their union and power over the child.

Deeply disturbing, yet replicated over and over again.

The Vue family says they are grateful for the support from the community during this time. Spokeswoman, Liz Benecke, says, “It actually makes me a little emotional because there is so much love pouring from the Vue family and their extended family and they are going through such a terrible time and they continue to show gratefulness and grace. I don’t know how they are doing it.”

Been following along, staying close as this terrible thing is happening about 95 miles up the road.

What can a three-year-old child understand of a concept as bizarre as being "sent for discipline"? Very little, I think. Which leads me to wonder, could it be possible that this little boy simply tried to go back home to his mom, somehow got out the door, carrying his plaid blanket, and started walking, only to be abducted by an opportunist?

Because I am so perplexed that the days of searching have produced next to nothing, apart from that shoe.

This does not excuse his mother whatsoever, but maybe there's a reason neither her nor Vang are saying where Elijah is. Maybe they don't know.

JMO

Katrina Baur - charged with being party to the crime of neglecting a child under 6 years old, not resulting in harm. Also charged with two misdemeanor counts of resisting or obstructing an officer.

Jesse Vang - charged with being party to the crime of neglecting a child under 6 years old, not resulting in harm.

I suspect those charges will eventually be increased.

Above link is updated to include:

According to the criminal complaint against Baur, Vang is the caregiver who called police at 11 a.m. last Tuesday, Feb. 20, to report Elijah was missing. He said he went to take a nap at 8 a.m. and brought Elijah into the bedroom with him, and when he woke up he couldn’t find the boy and called 911.

Lots more information at the link.

Paraphrasing…

Investigators say both Baur and Vang told them Elijah had been staying with Vang. Vang had been trying to correct the boy's bad behaviors.

Baur said Vang was the enforcer of the rules and that she wanted him to teach her son how to be a man, according to police.

Vang said Elijah was afraid of him and he disciplined by using "time outs," including being forced to stand for 1-3 hours and forcing him to pray.

Elijah was forced to take a cold shower for dirtying his diaper and Vang regularly threatened him with cold water for not complying, according to the complaint.

Vang said most of his discipline involved making Elijah stand for 1 to 3 hours at a time, during which the boy is supposed to pray or repeat “I’m sorry, Mommy.” Investigators say Vang couldn’t identify specific behaviors that required this punishment, which he called a “time out.” If the boy failed at his punishment, Vang said his ultimatum was to ask the boy, “Do you want cold water?” which the boy seemed to fear, though Vang said he didn’t know why. He said, “He’s fine. It’s not like his knees are shaking and about to fall over you know.”

More:
The complaint says Baur denied being in Two Rivers between February 12 and February 20, and denied being in the Manitowoc County area on February 16 or 17. She later admitted being in Two Rivers on February 14 and again late on February 16, leaving early on the 17th.

Vang said most of his discipline involved making Elijah stand for 1 to 3 hours at a time, during which the boy is supposed to pray or repeat “I’m sorry, Mommy.” Investigators say Vang couldn’t identify specific behaviors that required this punishment, which he called a “time out.” If the boy failed at his punishment, Vang said his ultimatum was to ask the boy, “Do you want cold water?” which the boy seemed to fear, though Vang said he didn’t know why. He said, “He’s fine. It’s not like his knees are shaking and about to fall over you know.”

More:
The complaint says Baur denied being in Two Rivers between February 12 and February 20, and denied being in the Manitowoc County area on February 16 or 17. She later admitted being in Two Rivers on February 14 and again late on February 16, leaving early on the 17th.

The cold shower torture appears to be one that is common in fatal child abuse scenarios that we have seen. Over and over and over again. Threats of cold showers, then extended cold shower tortures.

The child abuse murder of Damari Perry comes to mind: Damari Perry mother, brother tried to punish boy, 6, before death, hiding body: Lake Co. prosecutors

The child abuse near-murder of Ramayan Maniktala due to repetitive cold baths and showers: https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article272395358.html

The child abuse murder of AJ Freund due to cold showers, hypothermia, and beating with a showerhead: Mom Who Beat Five-Year-Old Son to Death With Shower Head for Soiling Himself Sentenced to 35 Years

March 7 preliminary hearings scheduled for both.

And as many here suspected, the abuse was ongoing and likely by both Baur and Vang. What mother turns her child over to some dude to “make him a man?” WTH does that even mean?

Paraphrasing…

Investigators say both Baur and Vang told them Elijah had been staying with Vang. Vang had been trying to correct the boy's bad behaviors.

Baur said Vang was the enforcer of the rules and that she wanted him to teach her son how to be a man, according to police.

Vang said Elijah was afraid of him and he disciplined by using "time outs," including being forced to stand for 1-3 hours and forcing him to pray.

Elijah was forced to take a cold shower for dirtying his diaper and Vang regularly threatened him with cold water for not complying, according to the complaint.

He is 3 years old!!! Teach him to be a man? HE IS A BABY!!!

I find myself asking this question far too much these days but here I go again, WTF is wrong with people? :mad:

JVang's abuse is sadistic and I would think likely associated with his drinking.,

KB is clearly an accessory if she sent EV back to JVang knowing what JVang was using as his discipline method.

I'm pretty sure EV is dead as a result of hypothermia or beatings directly by JVAng, but with KB as an accessory.

Thanks to all of you for the recap of the court activity! If Elijah was left with a known abuser, I wish there was a phrase other than “caregiver” used in the alerts but that’s just me being reactive, I guess. I’m about 3 hours away from Two Rivers and the headlines don’t mention Elijah… and the Amber alert didn’t go to my phone- I’m guessing that’s because they don’t think there’s much chance he made it out of the immediate area.
It’s all over the news in Madison and Milwaukee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HokieGirl38