AMBER ALERT WI - Elijah Vue, 3 year old Elijah Vue, Two Rivers, 20 Feb 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JUL 3, 2024
[...]

Questions are now not only coming from the public but also from family members of Elijah’s. They are questioning whether the Two Rivers Police Department, the FBI, and the Wisconsin Division of Criminal Investigation are doing enough to bring the little boy home.

Action 2 News spoke with Elijah’s grandmother Jodi Baur. Her daughter Katrina is Elijah’s mother.

[...]

”She said she does not have any idea and if she did she said ‘That’s my son. I would go. I would go get him. I would tell them where he is. I have no idea,’ ” Jodi Baur said.

[...]

Jodi said while she is thankful for the work the Two Rivers Police Department, the FBI, and DCI are doing, she said it’s time to call in more resources.

“We’re almost five months into this,” Jodi Baur said. “I think we need more eyes and we need more help. I’ve heard he’s so little. I understand he’s so little, but I don’t understand why in this day and age of technology we’re here. Why are we here? Why do we have nothing? If somebody is looking left and somebody is looking right, who is looking in the middle? They’ll say the case is complicated. The case is still open. My grandson still isn’t found.”

[...]

JUL 3, 2024
[...]

Questions are now not only coming from the public but also from family members of Elijah’s. They are questioning whether the Two Rivers Police Department, the FBI, and the Wisconsin Division of Criminal Investigation are doing enough to bring the little boy home.

Action 2 News spoke with Elijah’s grandmother Jodi Baur. Her daughter Katrina is Elijah’s mother.

[...]

”She said she does not have any idea and if she did she said ‘That’s my son. I would go. I would go get him. I would tell them where he is. I have no idea,’ ” Jodi Baur said.

[...]

Jodi said while she is thankful for the work the Two Rivers Police Department, the FBI, and DCI are doing, she said it’s time to call in more resources.

“We’re almost five months into this,” Jodi Baur said. “I think we need more eyes and we need more help. I’ve heard he’s so little. I understand he’s so little, but I don’t understand why in this day and age of technology we’re here. Why are we here? Why do we have nothing? If somebody is looking left and somebody is looking right, who is looking in the middle? They’ll say the case is complicated. The case is still open. My grandson still isn’t found.”

[...]
I do understand the grandmother's frustration. But it seems to me an extraordinary amount of resources have already been devoted to the case. And I still think Elijah's mother knows more than she's said. She may not know where he is, but she knows things she has not revealed IMO.
MOO

JUL 3, 2024
For months, people from around Two Rivers and even the state searched for Elijah Vue. Now, police say community searches have largely dried up, and Vue's family says their searches are also on pause.

[...]

On Wednesday, I spoke with Elijah’s uncle, Orson Vue. He told me the family is doing well, but their searches are at a standstill. He says they had to get back to work and they don't know where else they can even search.

[...]

I also spoke with Two Rivers Police Captain Andrew Raatz, who's urging the community to continue searching.

"People need to get out there. Walk the trails, walk through the woods, walk along the lake, walk around the rivers,” Captain Raatz said. “Keep your eyes open. If you see something suspicious, call it in."

[...]

The FBI and DCI are still involved in the case. Captain Raatz says they still do investigative work both in and out of town.

"Analyzing video, drone footage. Things like that,” he said.

[...]

JUL 3, 2024
For months, people from around Two Rivers and even the state searched for Elijah Vue. Now, police say community searches have largely dried up, and Vue's family says their searches are also on pause.

[...]

On Wednesday, I spoke with Elijah’s uncle, Orson Vue. He told me the family is doing well, but their searches are at a standstill. He says they had to get back to work and they don't know where else they can even search.

[...]

I also spoke with Two Rivers Police Captain Andrew Raatz, who's urging the community to continue searching.

"People need to get out there. Walk the trails, walk through the woods, walk along the lake, walk around the rivers,” Captain Raatz said. “Keep your eyes open. If you see something suspicious, call it in."

[...]

The FBI and DCI are still involved in the case. Captain Raatz says they still do investigative work both in and out of town.

"Analyzing video, drone footage. Things like that,” he said.

[...]
Life moves on, as it must. I understand that. LE has obligations to meet every day, and ordinary people have obligations too.

It's as if the loud, heartbroken outcry that erupted the day Elijah disappeared echoed for days and days, weeks, months, but now the reverberations are just so faint.

Yet that darling little boy is out there somewhere: we all know it. Only, he can't scream out, because, IMO, he's dead. The deafening silence of his absence is all that's left. Life rushes in and fills that silence, though.

I do believe that the moment a single piece of new information emerges, or someone accidentally stumbles upon something - like the other little sneaker with a dinosaur decoration on it - the search cycle will begin anew.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackie&Tim
Back