Found Deceased WI - Iliana Lily Peters, 10, left aunt's, didn't arr hm, bike fnd, Chippewa Falls, 24 Apr 22, *14yo charged* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Court record​

DateEventCourt officialCourt reporterAmount
07-27-2023Video conferencing
07-27-2023Motion hearingGibbs, Steven H.Case, Jessica
Additional text:

1:34 PM Defendant C. T. P.-B. appeared by video, in custody. Attorney Michael R. Cohen in court for C. T. P.-B.
Attorney Alicia Linzmeier appeared by video with
C. T. P.-B.

Attorney Wade Newell in court for State of Wisconsin. Attorney Sheila M. Yohnk in court for State of Wisconsin. DA

Newell states case and notes appearances.
Defendant waives personal appearance.
If those plans change defense to notify the court.
State has no objection to the Motion to Seal photos & autopsy, with exception of DOJ for appellate purposes. Court grants motion.

Counsel address classification of defendant.
Court order currently requires use of defendant's initials. Attorney Cohen anticipates first names being used in testimony.
DA Newell does not object.
Court's preference would be to utilize defendant/victim terminology, grants stipulated guidelines.

Parties stipulate to present only facts in testimony.
Court grants motion.
Attorney Cohen addresses Motion to Preclude Improper Argument, stipulates to the seriousness of the crime and requests limitation to 3 issues set forth in chapter 970. Request for State to be precluded from any testimony beyond that.

DA Newell responds and intends to supplement probable cause of Criminal Complaint to support seriousness of what occurred.

Attorney Cohen responds and indicates there is no need to supplement unless issue is challenged.

DA Newell responds and outlines what evidence he intends to introduce at Reverse Waiver Hearing, which was not available at the time of filing the Complaint. .

Court has reviewed case law at issue, Reverse Waiver is not intended to be a mini-trial. so long as evidence is admissible under the laws of evidence and outlined under the 3 subsections of chapter 970.

Court orders counsel to adhere to the principles in Kleser, if the door is opened through testimony DA Newell will be allowed to supplement.

Court to address issues as they come up at hearing.

Attorney Cohen has an out of town witness that will only be available to testify Wednesday, August 9.
Parties agree to accommodate witness's schedule and they will be prepared to begin at 8am that morning.

From the July 27, hearing -- appearing for the defense, I'm not familiar with defense attorney Alicia Linzmeier (only recently graduated law school in 2020) but I've watched Michael Cohen before, and he's highly skilled. IMO, I think the teen defendant is being treated fairly and with excellent counsel and every right available to him-- whether in juvenile or adult court.

Speaking of the teen defendant, we know the court record refers to him as "C.T.P.B." and the defense proposed they'd like to use his first name during the hearing, and the prosecution did not object. However, the Court's preference would be sticking with the 'victim' and 'defendant.'

Although I can't imagine how the details we already read in the Criminal Complaint could get worse, the prosecutor told the Court he intends to supplement the Probable Cause of the Criminal Complaint to support the seriousness of what occurred.

The defense reminded the Court that the Reverse Waiver Hearing is not a "mini-trial," and cited the Statute for limiting the seriousness argument to three issues, and the Court agreed with the defense.

In response, the prosecution countered with Newell stating he wants to introduce evidence that wasn't available at the time of filing the Complaint. The Court gave DA Newell the side-eye here and said if the defense opens the door during the hearing, he will allow but the prosecution's request to supplement the complaint was denied.

Seems to me the prosecution got a preview of Cohen's plan for the reverse waiver defense the prosecution hoped to bolster the State's position on how serious the defendant's actions were. I truly don't think it's necessary whatsoever to bolster the Complaint -- we know the seriousness of what happened to Lily.

And last but not least, my personal note of thanks and respect to the defense (Cohen) for Motioning for 10 yr old Lily's autopsy photos to be sealed, and the prosecution did not object. The Court granted the Motion with exception to DOJ for appellate purposes.

This is a sensitive subject for me especially after 12 yr old Gannon Stauch's autopsy photos were recently, legally released to a YouTuber, pursuant to the Colorado Open Records Act (CORA), and now have a life on the internet.

Releasing the photos was legally allowed because neither the prosecution nor the defense showed the good sense as done with this case-- to file a similar Motion for the Court to seal the photos just as the parties here did.

But talk about adding salt, when Gannon's graphic autopsy photos showed up on the internet, which if obtained legally, the First Amendment protects user's right to share online, instead of fessing up to the oversight of not requesting the Court seal the photos, I watched the District Attorney appear on MSM with Brian Entin, and blame the release of the photos on the State of Florida! Lost big respect for the dude over this. IMO, I think he just didn't want any rain on the parade he's been enjoying since the conviction. MOO

From the July 27, hearing -- appearing for the defense, I'm not familiar with defense attorney Alicia Linzmeier (only recently graduated law school in 2020) but I've watched Michael Cohen before, and he's highly skilled. IMO, I think the teen defendant is being treated fairly and with excellent counsel and every right available to him-- whether in juvenile or adult court.

Speaking of the teen defendant, we know the court record refers to him as "C.T.P.B." and the defense proposed they'd like to use his first name during the hearing, and the prosecution did not object. However, the Court's preference would be sticking with the 'victim' and 'defendant.'

Although I can't imagine how the details we already read in the Criminal Complaint could get worse, the prosecutor told the Court he intends to supplement the Probable Cause of the Criminal Complaint to support the seriousness of what occurred.

The defense reminded the Court that the Reverse Waiver Hearing is not a "mini-trial," and cited the Statute for limiting the seriousness argument to three issues, and the Court agreed with the defense.

In response, the prosecution countered with Newell stating he wants to introduce evidence that wasn't available at the time of filing the Complaint. The Court gave DA Newell the side-eye here and said if the defense opens the door during the hearing, he will allow but the prosecution's request to supplement the complaint was denied.

Seems to me the prosecution got a preview of Cohen's plan for the reverse waiver defense the prosecution hoped to bolster the State's position on how serious the defendant's actions were. I truly don't think it's necessary whatsoever to bolster the Complaint -- we know the seriousness of what happened to Lily.

And last but not least, my personal note of thanks and respect to the defense (Cohen) for Motioning for 10 yr old Lily's autopsy photos to be sealed, and the prosecution did not object. The Court granted the Motion with exception to DOJ for appellate purposes.

This is a sensitive subject for me especially after 12 yr old Gannon Stauch's autopsy photos were recently, legally released to a YouTuber, pursuant to the Colorado Open Records Act (CORA), and now have a life on the internet.

Releasing the photos was legally allowed because neither the prosecution nor the defense showed the good sense as done with this case-- to file a similar Motion for the Court to seal the photos just as the parties here did.

But talk about adding salt, when Gannon's graphic autopsy photos showed up on the internet, which if obtained legally, the First Amendment protects user's right to share online, instead of fessing up to the oversight of not requesting the Court seal the photos, I watched the District Attorney appear on MSM with Brian Entin, and blame the release of the photos on the State of Florida! Lost big respect for the dude over this. IMO, I think he just didn't want any rain on the parade he's been enjoying since the conviction. MOO
That happened? I only saw pictures of the bed. I had no idea there were actual autopsy photos of that poor child around. And I agree with you on that point, there's no need for pictures of a 10-year-old victim of a crime to be available for all to see.

Monday, August 7th:
*Hearing (@ 9am ET) - WI - Iliana “Lily” Peters (10) (left aunt's, didn't arrive home, bike found, reported missing April 24, 2022 @ 9pm, found April 25, 2022 @ 9:15am, located near the walking trail at the end of North Grove St. at the Jacob Leinenkugel Brewery Co. parking lot, Chippewa Falls) - *C. T. P-B. (14/now 15) arrested & charged (4/26/22) & arraigned (4/27/22) with 1st degree intentional murder & 1st degree sexual assault/great bodily harm & 1st degree sexual assault on a child under 13 resulting in great bodily harm. Cash bond of $1M. Incarcerated at the Northwest Regional Juvenile Detention Center in Eau Claire.
Case & court info from 4/27/22 thru 1/9/23 reference post #54 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-falls-24-apr-22-14yo-charged-2.660806/page-3

6/20/23: Motion. Defendant’s Motion to preclude improper argument by prosecutor-sent for review. Motion: Defendant's motion to seal any crime scene or autopsy photos admitted as evidence in reverse waiver hearing. Motion. Defendant's motion to preclude certain testimony at reverse waiver hearing. Motion. Defendants motion to seal or redact any photos or video footage of CTPB. Admitted as evidence in reverse waiver hearing all motions filed by attorneys Cohen & Linzmeir. Notice of hearing/ Motions hearing on 7/27/23 @ 1:30pm. 6/23/23: Letters/correspondence from attorney Michael R. Cohen requesting zoom appearance for defendant-sent for review. 6/28/23: Letters/correspondence from attorney Michael R. Cohen re Zoom appearances-sent for review.
7/27/23 Update: Video conferencing. Motions hearing. Defendant appeared by video in custody. Attorney Michael R. Cohen & Alicia Linzzmeier in court for C. T. P.-B. Attorney Wade Newell & Sheila M. Yohnk in court for State of Wisconsin. DA Newell states case & notes appearances. Defendant waives personal appearance. If those plans change defense to notify the court. State has no objection to the Motion to Seal photos & autopsy, with exception of DOJ for appellate purposes. Court grants motion. Counsel address classification of defendant. Court order currently requires use of defendant's initials. Attorney Cohen anticipates first names being used in testimony. DA Newell does not object. Court's preference would be to utilize defendant/victim terminology, grants stipulated guidelines. Parties stipulate to present only facts in testimony. Court grants motion. Attorney Cohen addresses Motion to Preclude Improper Argument, stipulates to the seriousness of the crime & requests limitation to 3 issues set forth in chapter 970. Request for State to be precluded from any testimony beyond that. DA Newell responds & intends to supplement probable cause of Criminal Complaint to support seriousness of what occurred. Attorney Cohen responds & indicates there is no need to supplement unless issue is challenged. DA Newell responds & outlines what evidence he intends to introduce at Reverse Waiver Hearing, which was not available at the time of filing the Complaint. Court has reviewed case law at issue, Reverse Waiver is not intended to be a mini-trial. So long as evidence is admissible under the laws of evidence & outlined under the 3 subsections of chapter 970. Court orders counsel to adhere to the principles in Kleser, if the door is opened through testimony DA Newell will be allowed to supplement. Court to address issues as they come up at hearing. Attorney Cohen has an out of town witness that will only be available to testify Wednesday, August 9. Parties agree to accommodate witness's schedule & they will be prepared to begin at 8am that morning. Next hearings on 8/7/23, 8/8/23, 8/9/23, 8/10/23 & 8/11/23 all at 9am. And hearing on 8/14/23 @ 8am.

Livestream of the hearing. I read it is supposed to last a week

Is it over for the day? I walked back into the room to have a multi-colored pattern in that window, then it was some local news, now it's just the station's banner. If this is a 5 day thing I'd think they'd go longer than a few hours. Perhaps it's a lunch break and I missed the announcement? :)

Is it over for the day? I walked back into the room to have a multi-colored pattern in that window, then it was some local news, now it's just the station's banner. If this is a 5 day thing I'd think they'd go longer than a few hours. Perhaps it's a lunch break and I missed the announcement? :)

They took a witness thru the lunch hour and are done for the day. Said they have witnesses for at least tomorrow and Wed.

Court record
Date Event Court official Court reporter Amount
08-07-2023 Video conferencing

08-07-2023 Motion hearing Gibbs, Steven H. Haas, Kayla
Additional text:
9:05 AM Defendant C. T. P.-B. appeared by video, in custody at JDC. Attorney Michael R. Cohen in court for C. T. P.-B. Attorney Alicia Linzmeier in court for C. T. P.-B. Attorney Wade Newell in court for State of Wisconsin. Attorney Sheila M. Yohnk in court for State of Wisconsin.
DA Newell states case and notes appearances.
Time set on Petition for Reverse Waiver.
Court addresses defendant's right to appear in person, defendant waives that right.
Court finds that personal appearance is freely & voluntarily waived.
Stipulation of Facts on file addressed & acknowledged by the Court.
DA Newell addresses photographs he intends to present as evidence.
Attorney Cohen responds and objects.
DA Newell responds.
Court questions photographs and what additional facts they prove in addition to stipulated facts.
DA Newell responds.
Attorney Cohen responds.
Court finds the photographs to be duplicative of what is already in Complaint and does not believe they will supplement the record - photographs not to be introduced.
Attorney Cohen addresses judicial notice and Court's discretion re: date prepared by Mr. Widera.
DA Newell responds.
Attorney Cohen responds.
Court finds Mr. Widera's Affidavit lacking information re: parameters of his search and more foundation needs to be available. Court takes judicial notice of underlying cases on CCAP but testimony is needed.
Attorney Cohen requests he be allowed to supplement by Affidavit.
DA Newell objects due to inability to cross-examine.
Court rules: Affidavit to be submitted and addressed when submitted.
DA Newell addresses Petition for Reverse Waiver and objects to timing of submission.
Court views Petition as nothing more than a pleading and outlines what is to be proven by whom, will not be used to make a determination.
DA Newell requests opportunity to supplement with Briefs following hearing.
Attorney Cohen requests to address following testimony.
Defense witness K.Z. sworn & questioned by Attorney Linzmeier.
Witness cross-examined by ADA Yohnk.
Re-direct.
Witness excused.
Defense witness A.K. sworn & questioned by Attorney Linzmeier.
Re-direct.
Witness excused for today's purposes.
Defense witness C.G. sworn & questioned by Attorney Linzmeier.
11:00am - Court breaks for 10 minutes.
11:13am - Court resumes, appearances remain the same.
Re-direct.
Witness excused.
Defense witness A.W. sworn & questioned by Attorney Linzmeier.
Witness cross-examined by DA Newell.
Re-direct.
Re-cross.
Witness excused.
Attorney Cohen addresses witness from this morning that is also under State Subpoena.
State concedes that any additional questions will be limited but needs to be available.
Attorney responds and anticipates lack of foundation.
Court to address when time comes.
DA Newell addresses preservation of record re: photographs.
Attorney Cohen proposes that photographs be made a part of record under seal after the Court makes it's decision.
Court suggests photos be preserved in a manila envelope until decision is made.
12:16pm - Court adjourns, to resume at 8:15am tomorrow.

08-04-2023 Letters/correspondence
Additional text:
from Attorney Michael R. Cohen in response to State's objection to Judicial Notice request (sent for review)

08-03-2023 Letters/correspondence
Additional text:
State's Objection to Judicial Notice, filed by DA Newell - Sent for review

08-02-2023 Letters/correspondence
Additional text:
from Attorney Michael Cohen in response to DA Newell letter re: Petition for Reverse Waiver (sent for review)

08-02-2023 Response/reply
Additional text:
to Defense's Response on 8/1/2023, filed by DA Newell - Sent for review

08-01-2023 Response/reply
Additional text:
to DA Newell's Response submitted on 8/1/2023, filed by Attorney Cohen - Sent for review

08-01-2023 Letters/correspondence
Additional text:
from DA Newell in response to defendant's Petition for Reverse Waiver (sent for review)

08-01-2023 Order Gibbs, Steven H.
Additional text:
to Seal Stipulation of Agreed Facts for Reverse Waiver Hearing and Attachments 1 & 2
The original document was titled: Stipulation of Agreed Facts for Reverse Waiver Hearing
The original history event date is: 07-31-2023
The original document was titled: Attachment 1 for Stipulation of Agreed Facts for Reverse Waiver Hearing
The original document was titled: Attachment 2 for Stipulation of Agreed Facts for Reverse Waiver Hearing

07-31-2023 Proposed Order
07-31-2023 Motion to seal/redact court record
Additional text:
Motion to Seal Portion of Court Record

07-31-2023 Stipulation
Additional text:
of Agreed Facts for Reverse Waiver Hearing

07-31-2023 Petition
Additional text:
for Reverse Waiver

07-31-2023 Request
Additional text:
for Judicial Notice

07-31-2023 Letters/correspondence
Additional text:
Cover letter from Attorney Michael R. Cohen re: Request for Judicial Notice

Court activities
Date Time Location Description Type Court official
08-07-2023 09:00 am Chippewa County Courthouse, Branch 1 Hearing Court Gibbs, Steven H.

08-08-2023 09:00 am Chippewa County Courthouse, Branch 1 Hearing Court Gibbs, Steven H.

08-09-2023 08:00 am Chippewa County Courthouse, Branch 1 Hearing Court Gibbs, Steven H.

08-10-2023 09:00 am Chippewa County Courthouse, Branch 1 Hearing Court Gibbs, Steven H.

08-11-2023 09:00 am Chippewa County Courthouse, Branch 1 Hearing Court Gibbs, Steven H.

08-14-2023 08:00 am Chippewa County Courthouse, Branch 1 Hearing Court Gibbs, Steven H.

link: Wisconsin Circuit Court Access

Tuesday, August 8th:
*Hearing (Day 2) (@ 9am ET) - WI - Iliana “Lily” Peters (10) (left aunt's, didn't arrive home, bike found, reported missing April 24, 2022 @ 9pm, found April 25, 2022 @ 9:15am, located near the walking trail at the end of North Grove St. at the Jacob Leinenkugel Brewery Co. parking lot, Chippewa Falls) - *C. T. P-B. (DO NOT POST NAME or cousin) (14/now 15) arrested & charged (4/26/22) & arraigned (4/27/22) with 1st degree intentional murder & 1st degree sexual assault/great bodily harm & 1st degree sexual assault on a child under 13 resulting in great bodily harm. Cash bond of $1M. Incarcerated at the Northwest Regional Juvenile Detention Center in Eau Claire.
Case & court info from 4/27/22 thru 6/23/23 reference post #64 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-falls-24-apr-22-14yo-charged-2.660806/page-4

7/27/23 Update: Video conferencing. Motions hearing. Defendant appeared by video in custody. Attorney Michael R. Cohen & Alicia Linzzmeier in court for C. T. P.-B. Attorney Wade Newell & Sheila M. Yohnk in court for State of Wisconsin. DA Newell states case & notes appearances. Defendant waives personal appearance. If those plans change defense to notify the court. State has no objection to the Motion to Seal photos & autopsy, with exception of DOJ for appellate purposes. Court grants motion. Counsel address classification of defendant. Court order currently requires use of defendant's initials. Attorney Cohen anticipates first names being used in testimony. DA Newell does not object. Court's preference would be to utilize defendant/victim terminology, grants stipulated guidelines. Parties stipulate to present only facts in testimony. Court grants motion. Attorney Cohen addresses Motion to Preclude Improper Argument, stipulates to the seriousness of the crime & requests limitation to 3 issues set forth in chapter 970. Request for State to be precluded from any testimony beyond that. DA Newell responds & intends to supplement probable cause of Criminal Complaint to support seriousness of what occurred. Attorney Cohen responds & indicates there is no need to supplement unless issue is challenged. DA Newell responds & outlines what evidence he intends to introduce at Reverse Waiver Hearing, which was not available at the time of filing the Complaint. Court has reviewed case law at issue, Reverse Waiver is not intended to be a mini-trial. So long as evidence is admissible under the laws of evidence & outlined under the 3 subsections of chapter 970. Court orders counsel to adhere to the principles in Kleser, if the door is opened through testimony DA Newell will be allowed to supplement. Court to address issues as they come up at hearing. Attorney Cohen has an out of town witness that will only be available to testify Wednesday, August 9. Parties agree to accommodate witness's schedule & they will be prepared to begin at 8am that morning. Next hearings on 8/7/23, 8/8/23, 8/9/23, 8/10/23 & 8/11/23 all at 9am. And hearing on 8/14/23 @ 8am.
7/31/23: Cover letter from attorney Michael R. Cohen re request for Judicial notice. Petition for reverse waiver. Stipulation of agreed facts for reverse waiver hearing. Motion to seal portion of court record. 8/1/23: Order to Seal Stipulation of Agreed Facts for Reverse Waiver Hearing and Attachments 1 & 2. The original document was titled: Stipulation of Agreed Facts for Reverse Waiver Hearing. The original history event date is: 07-31-2023. The original document was titled: Attachment 1 for Stipulation of Agreed Facts for Reverse Waiver Hearing. The original history event date is: 07-31-2023. The original document was titled: Attachment 2 for Stipulation of Agreed Facts for Reverse Waiver Hearing. The original history event date is: 07-31-2023. Letters/correspondence from DA Newell in response to defendant's Petition for Reverse Waiver (sent for review). Response/reply to DA Newell’s response submitted on 8/1/23, filed by attorney Cohen-sent for review. 8/2/23: Response/reply to defense's response on 8/1/23, filed by DA Newell-sent for review. Letters/correspondence from Attorney Michael Cohen in response to DA Newell letter re: Petition for Reverse Waiver (sent for review). 8/3/23: Letters/correspondence State's Objection to Judicial Notice, filed by DA Newell - Sent for review. 8/4/23: Letters/correspondence from Attorney Michael R. Cohen in response to State's objection to Judicial Notice request (sent for review).
8/7/23 Update: Motion hearing/Video conferencing. Defendant C. T. P.-B. appeared by video, in custody at JDC. Attorney Michael R. Cohen in court for C. T. P.-B. Attorney Alicia Linzmeier in court for C. T. P.-B. Attorney Wade Newell in court for State of Wisconsin. Attorney Sheila M. Yohnk in court for State of Wisconsin. DA Newell states case & notes appearances. Time set on Petition for Reverse Waiver. Court addresses defendant's right to appear in person, defendant waives that right. Court finds that personal appearance is freely & voluntarily waived. Stipulation of Facts on file addressed & acknowledged by the Court. DA Newell addresses photographs he intends to present as evidence. Attorney Cohen responds & objects. DA Newell responds. Court questions photographs & what additional facts they prove in addition to stipulated facts. DA Newell responds. Attorney Cohen responds. Court finds the photographs to be duplicative of what is already in Complaint & does not believe they will supplement the record - photographs not to be introduced. Attorney Cohen addresses judicial notice & Court's discretion re: date prepared by Mr. Widera. DA Newell responds. Attorney Cohen responds. Court finds Mr. Widera's Affidavit lacking information re: parameters of his search & more foundation needs to be available. Court takes judicial notice of underlying cases on CCAP but testimony is needed. attorney Cohen requests he be allowed to supplement by Affidavit. DA Newell objects due to inability to cross-examine. Court rules: Affidavit to be submitted & addressed when submitted. DA Newell addresses Petition for Reverse Waiver & objects to timing of submission. Court views Petition as nothing more than a pleading & outlines what is to be proven by whom, will not be used to make a determination. DA Newell requests opportunity to supplement with Briefs following hearing. Attorney Cohen requests to address following testimony. Defense witness K.Z. sworn & questioned by Attorney Linzmeier. Witness cross-examined by ADA Yohnk. Re-direct. Witness excused. Defense witness A.K. sworn & questioned by Attorney Linzmeier. Witness cross-examined by ADA Yohnk. Re-direct. Witness excused for today's purposes. Defense witness C.G. sworn & questioned by Attorney Linzmeier. Witness cross-examined by ADA Yohnk. Re-direct. Witness excused. Defense witness A.W. sworn & questioned by Attorney Linzmeier. Witness cross-examined by DA Newell. Re-direct. Re-cross. Witness excused. Attorney Cohen addresses witness from this morning that is also under State Subpoena. State concedes that any additional questions will be limited but needs to be available. Attorney responds & anticipates lack of foundation. Court to address when time comes. DA Newell addresses preservation of record re: photographs. Attorney Cohen proposes that photographs be made a part of record under seal after the Court makes it's decision. Court suggests photos be preserved in a manila envelope until decision is made. Court adjourns, to resume at 8:15am tomorrow, 8/8/23.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a confession to make...as much as I love the whole process of watching cases from arrest to jury ruling, I don't know the ins and outs. At the risk of sounding like an idjet, what exactly does the above information mean? Is it guidelines for the trial?

Oops - sorry Mod - was not paying attention when I posted my notes this morning...

Court record
08-08-2023 Video conferencing

08-08-2023 Motion hearing Gibbs, Steven H. Haas, Kayla
Additional text:
1:40 PM Defendant C. T. P.-B. appeared by video, in custody at JDC. Attorney Michael R. Cohen in court for C. T. P.-B. Attorney Alicia Linzmeier in court for C. T. P.-B. Attorney Wade Newell in court for State of Wisconsin. Attorney Sheila M. Yohnk in court for State of Wisconsin.
Doctor Steven Benson sworn.
DA Newell notes previous objection. Attorney Cohen makes statement to the Court.
Court takes note of objection.
Attorney Cohen begins direct examination of Dr. Benson.
Exhibit #4 offered and received.
Exhibit #5 offered.
Direct examination by Attorney Cohen ends.
DA Newell requests brief recess.
Court takes 15 minute recess at 2:53pm.
3:08 PM On the record. Parties remain the same.
Exhibit #5 received. To be marked as confidential access to the parties.
DA Newell begins cross-examination of Dr. Benson.
Attorney Cohen redirects Dr. Benson.
Dr. Benson is excused from his subpoena.

Attorney Cohen requests to resume at 8:00am on 8/9/2023
DA Newell has no objection.
Court orders parties to resume at 8:00am on 8/9/2023.
Court adjourns.

08-08-2023 Video conferencing

08-08-2023 Motion hearing Gibbs, Steven H. Haas, Kayla
Additional text:
8:20 AM Defendant C. T. P.-B. appeared by video, in custody at JDC. Attorney Michael R. Cohen in court for C. T. P.-B. Attorney Alicia Linzmeier in court for C. T. P.-B. Attorney Wade Newell in court for State of Wisconsin. Attorney Sheila M. Yohnk in court for State of Wisconsin.
Court calls case and notes appearances.
Continuance of reverse waiver hearing.
Defense witness R.F. is sworn and testifies.
Direct examination by Attorney Cohen.
Cross-examination by Attorney Newell.
Defense witness M.C. is sworn and testifies.
Direct examination by Attorney Cohen.
Exhibit 2 is offered and received.
Exhibit 1 is offered and received; objection noted. Exhibit to be confidential, accessed by parties, attorneys, Order of Court, and DOJ for appellate reasons.
10:24 a.m. Court adjourns until 11:00 a.m.
11:05 a.m. Court reconvenes, appearances remain the same.
Previous witness remains on the stand.
Cross-examination by Attorney Newell.
Redirect by Attorney Cohen.
Recross by Attorney Newell.
Exhibit 3 is offered and received as to portions read by witness; record to remain open for submission of bibliography to support witness's position.
Court approves tomorrow's witness appearing by Zoom.
12:47 p.m. Court adjourns until 1:30 p.m.

Court activities
Date Time Location Description Type Court official
08-07-2023 09:00 am Chippewa County Courthouse, Branch 1 Hearing Court Gibbs, Steven H.

08-08-2023 08:15 am Chippewa County Courthouse, Branch 1 Hearing Court Gibbs, Steven H.

08-09-2023 08:00 am Chippewa County Courthouse, Branch 1 Hearing Court Gibbs, Steven H.

08-10-2023 09:00 am Chippewa County Courthouse, Branch 1 Hearing Court Gibbs, Steven H.

08-11-2023 09:00 am Chippewa County Courthouse, Branch 1 Hearing Court Gibbs, Steven H.

08-14-2023 08:00 am Chippewa County Courthouse, Branch 1 Hearing Court Gibbs, Steven H.

Wednesday, August 9th:
*Hearing (Day 3) (@ 8am ET) - WI - Iliana “Lily” Peters (10) (left aunt's, didn't arrive home, bike found, reported missing April 24, 2022 @ 9pm, found April 25, 2022 @ 9:15am, located near the walking trail at the end of North Grove St. at the Jacob Leinenkugel Brewery Co. parking lot, Chippewa Falls) - *C. T. P-B. (14/now 15) arrested & charged (4/26/22) & arraigned (4/27/22) with 1st degree intentional murder & 1st degree sexual assault/great bodily harm & 1st degree sexual assault on a child under 13 resulting in great bodily harm. Cash bond of $1M. Incarcerated at the Northwest Regional Juvenile Detention Center in Eau Claire.
Case & court info from 4/27/22 thru 8/7/23 reference post #69 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-falls-24-apr-22-14yo-charged-2.660806/page-4

8/8/23 Update: Video conferencing (Day 2). Defendant appeared by video, in custody at JDC. Attorneys Michael R. Cohen & Alicia Linzmeier in court for C. T. P.-B. Attorneys Wade Newell & Sheila M. Yohnk in court for State of Wisconsin. Court calls case & notes appearances. Continuance of reverse waiver hearing. Defense witness R.F. is sworn & testifies. Direct examination by Attorney Cohen. Cross-examination by Attorney Newell. Defense witness M.C. is sworn & testifies. Direct examination by Attorney Cohen. Exhibit 2 is offered & received. Exhibit 1 is offered & received; objection noted. Exhibit to be confidential, accessed by parties, attorneys, Order of Court & DOJ for appellate reasons. Previous witness remains on the stand. Cross-examination by Attorney Newell. Redirect by Attorney Cohen. recross by Attorney Newell. Exhibit 3 is offered & received as to portions read by witness; record to remain open for submission of bibliography to support witness's position. Court approves tomorrow's witness appearing by Zoom. Doctor Steven Benson sworn. DA Newell notes previous objection. Attorney Cohen makes statement to the Court. Court takes note of objection. Attorney Cohen begins direct examination of Dr. Benson. Exhibit #4 offered & received. Exhibit #5 offered. Direct examination by Attorney Cohen ends. DA Newell requests brief recess. Court takes 15 minute recess at 2:53pm. 3:08 PM On the record. Parties remain the same. Exhibit #5 received. To be marked as confidential access to the parties. DA Newell begins cross-examination of Dr. Benson. Attorney Cohen redirects Dr. Benson. Dr. Benson is excused from his subpoena. Attorney Cohen requests to resume at 8am on 8/9/23. DA Newell has no objection. Court orders parties to resume at 8am on 8/9/23. Court adjourns.

Last edited:
Wednesday, August 9th:
*Hearing (Day 3) (@ 8am ET) - WI - Iliana “Lily” Peters (10) (left aunt's, didn't arrive home, bike found, reported missing April 24, 2022 @ 9pm, found April 25, 2022 @ 9:15am, located near the walking trail at the end of North Grove St. at the Jacob Leinenkugel Brewery Co. parking lot, Chippewa Falls) - *C. T. P-B. (14/now 15) arrested & charged (4/26/22) & arraigned (4/27/22) with 1st degree intentional murder & 1st degree sexual assault/great bodily harm & 1st degree sexual assault on a child under 13 resulting in great bodily harm. Cash bond of $1M. Incarcerated at the Northwest Regional Juvenile Detention Center in Eau Claire.
Case & court info from 4/27/22 thru 8/7/23 reference post #69 here:

8/8/23 Update: Video conferencing (Day 2). Defendant appeared by video, in custody at JDC. Attorneys Michael R. Cohen & Alicia Linzmeier in court for C. T. P.-B. Attorneys Wade Newell & Sheila M. Yohnk in court for State of Wisconsin. Court calls case & notes appearances. Continuance of reverse waiver hearing. Defense witness R.F. is sworn & testifies. Direct examination by Attorney Cohen. Cross-examination by Attorney Newell. Defense witness M.C. is sworn & testifies. Direct examination by Attorney Cohen. Exhibit 2 is offered & received. Exhibit 1 is offered & received; objection noted. Exhibit to be confidential, accessed by parties, attorneys, Order of Court & DOJ for appellate reasons. Previous witness remains on the stand. Cross-examination by Attorney Newell. Redirect by Attorney Cohen. recross by Attorney Newell. Exhibit 3 is offered & received as to portions read by witness; record to remain open for submission of bibliography to support witness's position. Court approves tomorrow's witness appearing by Zoom. Doctor Steven Benson sworn. DA Newell notes previous objection. Attorney Cohen makes statement to the Court. Court takes note of objection. Attorney Cohen begins direct examination of Dr. Benson. Exhibit #4 offered & received. Exhibit #5 offered. Direct examination by Attorney Cohen ends. DA Newell requests brief recess. Court takes 15 minute recess at 2:53pm. 3:08 PM On the record. Parties remain the same. Exhibit #5 received. To be marked as confidential access to the parties. DA Newell begins cross-examination of Dr. Benson. Attorney Cohen redirects Dr. Benson. Dr. Benson is excused from his subpoena. Attorney Cohen requests to resume at 8am on 8/9/23. DA Newell has no objection. Court orders parties to resume at 8am on 8/9/23. Court adjourns.
Is there a chance someone could tell me about this? Is it pre-trial stuff or is it the trial??

Court record
08-09-2023 Exhibit list

08-09-2023 Video conferencing

08-09-2023 Motion hearing Gibbs, Steven H. Haas, Kayla
Additional text:
8:04 AM Defendant C. T. P.-B. appeared by video, in custody at JDC. Attorney Michael R. Cohen in court for C. T. P.-B. Attorney Alicia Linzmeier in court for C. T. P.-B. Attorney Wade Newell in court for State of Wisconsin. Attorney Sheila M. Yohnk in court for State of Wisconsin.
Court states case and notes appearances.
Day 3 of Reverse Waiver Hearing.
Defense witness J. Garbarino sworn & questioned by Attorney Cohen.
Exhibit 6 offered & received.
Exhibit 7 offered & received subject to hearsay objections - confid.
Re-direct.
Re-cross.
Witness excused.
9:47am - Court breaks.
10:17am - Court resumes.
Defense witness B. Widera (via Zoom audio) sworn & questioned by Attorney Cohen.
Attorney Cohen moves to admit Mr. Widera's evidence previously filed.
DA Newell objects.
Court finds weight and allows evidence.
Court notes objection, takes judicial notice, overrules and again allows evidence as deemed relevant.
Witness excused.
Defense witness Dr. Larson sworn & questioned by Attorney Linzmeier.
Re-direct.
Witness excused.
Defense rests.
DA Newell requests autopsy report be admitted into evidence.
Attorney Cohen presents objection.
DA Newell responds.
Court finds report & photos to be duplicative and stands by previous ruling.
State requests photos be provided to the Clerk & received under seal - Court grants request. (Photos received by Clerk and stored under seal in Exhibit Room)
State rests.
DA Newell indicates reporter has requested 30 days to prepare transcripts and requests additional time beyond to submit Brief.
Attorney Cohen responds.
Court orders simultaneous briefs be filed by November 17th and responses by December 8th.
Court to prepare written decision.
11:46am - adjourned.

No new court hearings listed.

Pretrial stuff. No trial date yet set for him. Arguments about him being a juvenile - State wants to try him as an adult.
Thank you very very much! And thank you for posting the updates too, it's very interesting to see how decisions are made behind the scenes. I am astounded at cases where YEARS of time and effort have been put in, only to have the defendant strike a deal at the 11th hour.

Just another docket update - no court date yet...

Court record
09-27-2023 Order on motion to seal/redact court record Gibbs, Steven H.
Additional text:
The original document was titled: Transcript - Motion Hearing Day 1 held August 7th, 2023
The original history event date is: 09-26-2023
The original document was titled: Transcript - Motion Hearing Day 2 held August 8th, 2023
The original document was titled: Transcript - Motion Hearing Day 3 held August 9th, 2023

09-27-2023 Proposed Order

09-27-2023 Motion to seal/redact court record

09-26-2023 Transcript
Additional text:
of Proceedings - Motion Hearing- Day 3

09-26-2023 Transcript
Additional text:
of Proceedings - Motion Hearing- Day 2

09-26-2023 Transcript
Additional text:
of Proceedings - Motion Hearing- Day 1