Found Deceased WI - Iliana Lily Peters, 10, left aunt's, didn't arr hm, bike fnd, Chippewa Falls, 24 Apr 22, *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes let's hope an arrest announced at the presser

I'm inclined to think that suspects park close to where they murder. That is, they will take the victim closer to the vehicle so they can get away quickly after the murder. Parking at the cemetery, or Brewing Company seems like a good option. Do cemeteries have CCTV?

upload_2022-4-26_15-33-24.png

I think we know the timeline that matters. Lily was visiting family, and last seen by family, on Sunday evening. For me, that means 6 PM or later. At 9 PM, her father called police. It makes sense that she would have cycled home before it was dark (sunset at 8 PM). She most likely cycled home around 7 PM, her family probably searched the path for her (in case she had an accident), and at 9 PM they decided to call police.

"According to the Chippewa Falls Police Department, Iliana Peters “Lily” was last seen by family Sunday evening. Iliana’s father called police at 9 p.m. after she had not returned from visiting with her aunt in the 400 block of North Grove St."
Body Of Missing10-Year-Old Chippewa Falls Girl Found; Homicide Suspected

Knowing when she left her aunt's house probably doesn't make much difference regarding witnesses and CCTV. Police would be interested in CCTV for the entire day, and perhaps for Saturday as well. The person that abducted and murdered Lily could have been loitering in the area waiting for the opportunity to abduct a young girl.
Maybe it does matter..it matters who she was last seen by.

If Family searched for her I'm surprised they didn't find her her bike at the very least. Soooo much we just don't know:(

Ma
If Family searched for her I'm surprised they didn't find her her bike at the very least. Soooo much we just don't know:(
Maybe they did. That could be what prompted the call to Police.

I wanted to re-post this map that a great WSer made and posted back thread a bit. They have added more to it since they posted yesterday and you can compare it to Otto's to see where the bike was found. I didn't realize her body was found that far away from the bike. Wow.

Lily Peters - Google My Maps

I just checked Chippewa County Inmate Roster but it was last updated at 6am today and unlike inmate rosters for other counties I've looked up in the past, it's like a PDF that you download and it doesn't seem you can click on names to easily see more details. I was just curious- thought if they haven't made an arrest of the perp, maybe there was at least some arrests for other unrelated things found during their investigation.

Inmate Roster | Chippewa County, Wi

Were people out overnight looking for her?

does anyone have a direct link to the press conference?

Isn't that still quite a bit up from where the bike was found? I know that locals have said the trail is pretty quick to get through when on a bike but I wonder about walking. How far would you say the bike was from where her body was found? If the bike was found further down the trail in the direction of the Aunts house and the body was found up towards the Brewery that screams to me that she was lured by someone who convinced her to get off the bike.

Also seeing that mapped out to show where the bike was located at and where she was found has me wondering now if this wasn't committed by someone she knew. It could also explain the distance there between bike and body as well as why if there were others on that trail that they wouldn't find it sus if they saw her with someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member