Found Deceased WI - Iliana Lily Peters, 10, left aunt's, didn't arr hm, bike fnd, Chippewa Falls, 24 Apr 22, *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also seeing that mapped out to show where the bike was located at and where she was found has me wondering now if this wasn't committed by someone she knew. It could also explain the distance there between bike and body as well as why if there were others on that trail that they wouldn't find it sus if they saw her with someone.
I agree with you; but, it seems like there has been quite an uptick in these 'bold' criminals. imo

Correct me if I am wrong folks but wasn't her bike found at 4 a.m?I looked for the link but cant find it :rolleyes:

VFSSNGGFMRG4LKF7XHMW7IMJPY.jpg

Chippewa Falls Police Department

Chippewa Falls police searching for missing child

CHIPPEWA FALLS, Wis. (WEAU) - The Chippewa Falls Police Department is searching for a missing child.

10-year-old Iliana M. Peters, who goes by the name Lily, a fourth grader at Parkview Elementary School, was reported missing Sunday at 9 p.m. by her father.

Peters’ father said she did not return home after visiting her aunt’s house on the 400 block of North Grove Street. She was last seen by family members Sunday evening. Peters was supposed to be heading home to the 50 block of East Birch Street, but she wasn’t found in the area. Her bike was found after dark near her aunt’s home near the walking trail between the end of North Grove Street and the Leinenkugel’s Brewery parking lot.

Peters was last seen wearing a purple quarter-zip long-sleeve shirt with black stretch pants and gray shoes.

K9 teams from the Chippewa County Sheriff’s Department and Lake Hallie Police Department were called in to search the area last night. The Chippewa County Sheriff’s Department also used a drone to search the woods near the area Peters went missing. Meanwhile, Chippewa Falls Police investigators continued to follow-up with family and friends who might have information.

Currently, the incident does not meet the criteria for an Amber Alert, according to the Chippewa Falls Police Department, who said they contacted the Wisconsin Department of Justice Division of Criminal Investigation.

Anyone with information about Peters’ whereabouts is asked to contact the Chippewa County Dispatch Center at 715-726-7701 and select Option 1.
Bringing this forward and BBM

Were people out overnight looking for her?

I think they were. They talked about bringing in drones and dogs to look for her, and that search would have taken place after 9pm.

Her bike was found late that night, and her body the next morning around 9:15.

LOL It's all good :)
Ha! I saved it by responding to another post.

I'd love to know exactly when certain things happened timeline wise. Maybe we'll hear something in an hour.

Chippewa Falls PD have stepped up patrols outside schools after a 10 year-old girl’s body was found—a homicide investigation continues.
View attachment 341424

https://twitter.com/ericchalouxkstp/status/1519041606170685442?s=21&t=a4e0Qvg6YG4AbeE2ZEPDbg

I feel so bad for the people in this town. As a child this would have caused me so much fear and anxiety. I was 10 when Polly Klaas was kidnapped and even though it wasn’t in my town, it was not far from me and it was a defining moment in my life. I realized that evil exists and that our safety is never guaranteed, even at home in our own bedrooms. I hate that these kids will all feel that same sense of a part of their carefree innocence being take away.

Police tape is still on either side the water a day after 10 year old #LilyPeters body was found near the walking trail.

Chippewa Falls Police will hold an updated news conference at 6:30p.

@kare11 will stream it live.
View attachment 341459 View attachment 341460

https://twitter.com/jennhoffreports/status/1519078134334775297?s=21&t=IbHYLMrdwl66OkOk5Kp5tw
The pics are very reminiscent of Delphi. Almost felt like a punch to the gut seeing these pictures..imho..Aghhh jeez
Time for me to take a break from this.

Ha! I saved it by responding to another post.

I'd love to know exactly when certain things happened timeline wise. Maybe we'll hear something in an hour.
Agree. Yes the timeline is so important. Not having one sure opens this case up to so many scenarios.

I’m a local. I live in Chippewa Falls.
<modsnip - rumor>

I’m assuming he told Lily to ‘be home by x’ and didn’t know she’d left the aunt’s and the aunt didn’t know she didn’t make it home. Presumably dad searched for a period of time before calling LE. So this likely happened between 5 and 8pm. Her bike ride home was about 6 minutes one way (the trail) and 4 minutes the other way (Columbia to Rushman).

Some things about this area: When it gets to spring, people dress down. My son insisted on wearing shorts today, it was a high of 48. Lily had a 3/4 zip pullover not a 3/4 sleeve. Think a sweatshirt. The trail has been there for years. Google images shows it very green and overgrown. It’s April, the pavement of the entire path is visible from across the river because there are no leaves. If you stand on Prairie street (both prairie street and birch street start on one side of the creek and continue on the other) and look across the creek, there is a steep embankment from the water up to the path. Then the path. ‘Behind’ the path is a very steep hill. Today there were LE searching the hill. Above the hill is the cemetery, so the cemetery isn’t visible from the trail. There’s a VERY low chance she would have gone up that hill, although when I was a kid, we climbed on occasion as it was a shortcut from the baseball fields to the pool. Again, this ‘woods’ isn’t grown in yet, so the hillside is visible from across the creek. Prairie street isn’t busy. At all, but there are homes facing the creek. I would guess a 10 year old would choose the interesting, fun ride through the trail And over the Leinies bridge every time. If I had to guess I would guess she took that route regularly.

I think where she was found is probably the crime scene, or very close. If dad was looking starting at 8pm then LE was canvassing starting at 9 and going overnight, nobody could have brought the body back to the woods without being seen. I’m guessing, since it took 12 hours to find the body that it was hidden, which would support LE pivoting to homicide upon discovery of the body. Part of me thinks this was a local kid or two, older than her, who just wanted to mess with her. Maybe evilly motivated, maybe accidentally, but then tossed her bike and concealed her body.

But the community is on edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member