Found Deceased WI - Iliana Lily Peters, 10, left aunt's, didn't arr hm, bike fnd, Chippewa Falls, 24 Apr 22, *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

The kid is a psychopath, sometimes they’re born and sometimes they’re created.

IMO There is no fixing him. God help whoever crosses his path in the future, when he’s released.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Wisconsin does not have the death penalty. And even if it did, juveniles are ineligible for it––the Supreme Court case Roper v. Simmons 543 US 551 (2005) held that offenders who committed their crimes under age 18 are not eligible for the death penalty.

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep replaying the DA’s statement, he said, “strangling her to the point of death before he then sexually assaulted her." This phrasing disturbs me because it doesn’t say strangled her to death but to the point of death. Was this baby possibly still alive when he sexually assaulted her?

I keep replaying the DA’s statement, he said, “strangling her to the point of death before he then sexually assaulted her." This phrasing disturbs me because it doesn’t say strangled her to death but to the point of death. Was this baby possibly still alive when he sexually assaulted her?

I have been wondering the same thing.

I don't think that's uncommon phrasing. Normally we hear "strangled to the point of unconsciousness," so I don't find it strange that he said "strangled to the point of death."

So I wouldn't read too much into it, although I do see your point.

I feel like if he’s going to be tried as an adult, his name should be released like any adult in court. His crime is disgusting and he doesn’t deserve any sort of privacy imo.

Poor Lily. At least she didn’t live through the the sexual assault if his confession is true.

I don't think that's uncommon phrasing. Normally we hear "strangled to the point of unconsciousness," so I don't find it strange that he said "strangled to the point of death."

So I wouldn't read too much into it, although I do see your point.
But isn’t SA after death normally charged as abuse of a corpse? Sorry to keep questioning it but this crime is beyond disturbing for many reasons.

I feel like if he’s going to be tried as an adult, his name should be released like any adult in court. His crime is disgusting and he doesn’t deserve any sort of privacy imo.

Poor Lily. At least she didn’t live through the the sexual assault if his confession is true.
Standard journalistic practice seems to be publishing the names of juveniles if they are charged as adults.

It's in adult court right now, but there is the possibility that could change. Once he is formally charged as an adult, I think that name will be published.

If you missed the accused's bond hearing today, 4/27, reporter Lou Raguse of @Kare 11 News is the one to follow. Having listened live, here is an accurate account of the proceedings -- MOO:

Lou Raguse@LouRaguse

I'm the initial court hearing for the juvenile arrested in the murder of Lily Peters. So far, no public documents are filed. And the search warrants remain sealed.

10:40 AM · Apr 27, 2022·

Lou Raguse@LouRaguse

The hearing starts at 1pm (central.) So far in the courtroom are at least 7 members of the Chippewa Falls Police Department. Appears to be investigators who worked on the case. The juvenile is going to appear over video conferencing. Not in person.

10:41 AM · Apr 27, 2022

Lou Raguse@LouRaguse

The D.A. just presented the criminal complaint in court. Suspect is 14 years old. An 8th grader. District Attorney Wade Newell: "his intention was to rape and kill victim from the get-go when he left with her going down the trail."

11:05 AM · Apr 27, 2022·

Lou Raguse@LouRaguse

D.A. Newell revealed that the 14yo suspect knocked Lily to the ground, strangled and sexually assaulted her. He wants $1mil bond. Defense attorney asking for $100k.

11:06 AM · Apr 27, 2022

Lou Raguse@LouRaguse

Judge Ben Lane: "this was a serious threat to the community, so the court is concerned this could be a further threat if released." $1 mil cash bond ordered, conditions no contact with juveniles or have dangerous weapons.

11:07 AM · Apr 27, 2022

Lou Raguse@LouRaguse

There is another hearing being scheduled for next week -- 3:30p on Thurs May 5 -- to discuss issues such as who will represent the juvenile suspect.

11:09 AM · Apr 27, 2022·

Lou Raguse@LouRaguse

No one from the victim's family is here in the courtroom and I cannot see anyone from the suspect's family either. On the video screen -- he is a thin, dark haired boy who sat, mostly looking down, throughout the hearing.

11:10 AM · Apr 27, 2022·

Lou Raguse@LouRaguse

Now that I've seen the juvenile suspect via video monitor, I know for sure that I encountered him earlier while reporting on this story. He answered the door when I knocked -- I asked for an adult who was not home -- I offered condolences and left. Very eerie now in hindsight.

1:04 PM · Apr 27, 2022·

Lou Raguse@LouRaguse

He's charged with 1st Degree Murder, 1st Degree Sexual Assault, and 1st Degree Sexual Assault of a Child Under 13 Resulting In Great Bodily Harm. It's in adult court right now. His attorneys can petition to move it to juvenile court but the burden is on them to show why.

1:06 PM · Apr 27, 2022·

Lou Raguse@LouRaguse

If it stays in adult court, this 14-year-old eighth grader faces up to life in prison.

1:06 PM · Apr 27, 2022·

Lou Raguse@LouRaguse

The neighbors who I interviewed last night, upon realizing who likely was locked up in connection with the murder, started crying. They can't imagine the kid they know doing something like this.

1:09 PM · Apr 27, 2022·

Lou Raguse@LouRaguse

Replying to
@************
We are holding back on some of the relationship details right now because the court is protecting his identity -- at least for now.

1:12 PM · Apr 27, 2022·

But isn’t SA after death normally charged as abuse of a corpse? Sorry to keep questioning it but this crime is beyond disturbing for many reasons.
It doesn't look like they have that specific law (they have mutilation of a corpse but it doesn't seem to fit).

He's already charged with murder, and two sex crimes that carry many decades in prison. I guess there's the possibility they can't tell via autopsy the order of events (especially if they're so close).

Here's one covering necrophilia, which is nowhere as (legally) serious as what he's charged with.
Court: Wisconsin law bans sex with dead bodies

I interpreted his statement the same way you did

It doesn't look like they have that specific law (they have mutilation of a corpse but it doesn't seem to fit).

He's already charged with murder, and two sex crimes that carry many decades in prison. I guess there's the possibility they can't tell via autopsy the order of events (especially if they're so close).

Here's one covering necrophilia, which is nowhere as (legally) serious as what he's charged with.
Court: Wisconsin law bans sex with dead bodies
Thanks. I should have looked up their specific state law. My heart breaks for beautiful Lily

ADMIN NOTE:

By law, this youth can NOT be identified and even if his identity was known, WS rules are that his family can NOT be sleuthed.

Please stop with the posts hinting at the above that are designed to encourage sleuthing out information that is not permitted in this discussion. Members who continue to do so will be either thread banned or issued Time Out.

I'm guessing he didn't want her to make any noise.......... :(

I'm guessing you're right.

So, he's a 14 year old, 8th grader necrophiliac, murderer, and rapist/sexual assaulter??!

Really interested to hear about his upbringing/home life and the previous experiences that led him to this.

Doubt he went from 0 to something THIS horrific; there has probably been other victims prior to this- likely sexual in nature. Wonder if any possible prior victims didn't talk or if things were handled in house so to speak.

I have a feeling this case is going to haunt me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper