Found Deceased WI - Iliana Lily Peters, 10, left aunt's, didn't arr hm, bike fnd, Chippewa Falls, 24 Apr 22, *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly can say I have worked with budding sociopaths who came from perfectly nurturing and engaged and involved families, where the siblings were kind, empathetic and socially well-adjusted, and the parents at their wits end about how to manage their maladjusted child, having tried everything.

Edited to add: There is a deep deep sadness in those systems I just described, , they are very difficult situations, for the parents and siblings both. You cannot even imagine what that does to such parents especially, to have such a child. However, I agree that in families of sociopaths where little nurturing is present, criminal behavior of the budding sociopath has a chance to run more rampant, as the child seems more unchecked.

I don't disagree with you in general. I do believe, however, that what goes on behind a home's closed doors often stays that way, sort of like Vegas. And people/families can be very adept at putting on a united front to hide their actions.

His identity will come out eventually. I'm sure everyone in town knows who he is, and are glad he's finally gotten locked up, although not due to something like this.

I thought of this story; he's probably been doing things like THIS for a long time, to animals if not also to people.

‘Mommy help me! They set me on fire!’ Mom says son’s face burned during bullying | who13.com

There is now a WS thread for this terrible crime.

CT - Dominick Krankall, 6, burned in bully attack, family says, Apr 2022

I'm curious about this possibility - that because he does not have a lawyer, any lawyer he gets will attempt to have the confession excluded. So many cases of wearing down suspects until they confess opens the door for that argument. He’s a child without counsel. For how many consecutive hours was he questioned? Did he have a parent with him during that time? Was he with family when he was detained? Is it legal to question a 14 year old with parental consent but without a parent in the room in Chippewa Falls?

It’s like anything else. If he wants to get better and does extensive counseling etc followed by his willingness to want to get better he could possibly be rehabilitated. He’ll need to continue counseling the rest of his life. If he can serve the time given to him for this horrible crime, show remorse and apologize to the victims and their families for the rest of his life it’s possible. Imo. Statistics are against him. moo
And what kind of extensive counseling do criminals like this get in our justice system? I honestly have no idea... so am not trying to be sarcastic. An hour a week of some expert's time? An hour a month? Maybe they need a few hours a day? I'm grasping at straws here.

I'm curious about this possibility - that because he does not have a lawyer, any lawyer he gets will attempt to have the confession excluded. So many cases of wearing down suspects until they confess opens the door for that argument. He’s a child without counsel. For how many consecutive hours was he questioned? Did he have a parent with him during that time? Was he with family when he was detained? Is it legal to question a 14 year old with parental consent but without a parent in the room in Chippewa Falls?
The recent case of David Bonola who stabbed Orsolya Gaal in Queens, NY, over 55 times and slit her throat, both adults, comes to mind. David confessed openly without counsel, we were told. And speaks English as a second language but can communicate well enough in English. Will his confession be tossed as well? I assume he was given his rights and refused them. I hope Lily's killer had his rights read and given to him so there is no way he can escape prosecution over some stupid legality.

I don't disagree with you in general. I do believe, however, that what goes on behind a home's closed doors often stays that way, sort of like Vegas. And people/families can be very adept at putting on a united front to hide their actions.
Much agreed on that, a family can have hugely strong defense mechanisms in place so their system can keep somewhat on the rails- and/or to hide their dysfunction. But a well experienced team in an inpatient setting worth their salt should at least be able to identify the mechanisms , if not penetrate them and induce change.

And what kind of extensive counseling do criminals like this get in our justice system? I honestly have no idea... so am not trying to be sarcastic. An hour a week of some expert's time? An hour a month? Maybe they need a few hours a day? I'm grasping at straws here.
Not nearly enough, trust me. Although in juvenile forensics the ratios are better- there's a bit more funding there for therapy, from the reasoning that maybe these young ones can still be reached more successfully, but it's tough going even there. Court-ordered clients are sometimes not the most motivated to even use their allotted sessions, especially adolescents.

Not nearly enough, trust me. Although in juvenile forensics the ratios are better- there's a bit more funding there for therapy, from the reasoning that maybe these young ones can still be reached more successfully, but it's tough going even there. Court-ordered clients are sometimes not the most motivated to even use their allotted sessions, especially adolescents.
I believe it - sad and also possibly not worth the time, so hard to know ...

Maybe not enough counseling in jail but it would be available and should be part of his parole to all sorts of counseling if & when he was ever to be released. Moo

Not likely that they will need his confession.

ADMIN NOTE:

We are all struggling to understand this tragedy. For some it has been helpful to mention other cases that seem similar, in an attempt to find some sort of sense in such a senseless and unspeakable crime. Websleuths understands that need to try to draw comparisons, to see patterns, to make predictions and somehow stop this from happening ever again.

This thread’s focus is Lily, and her stolen life. If we veer too far into other cases, we can lose the focus Lily deserves in her thread. When the discussion becomes a challenge to remember which case is being referred to, we may have to begin to remove some posts as off topic. Please know it is not a heavy-handed action on moderators’ part, but instead a gentle nudge to keep our attention in this thread on precious Lily.

THANK YOU for your understanding and support in helping us do that!

Last edited:
I usually take the cautious route, but at this point, I am dropping the 'allegedly'. He strangled her, attacked her with a stick, he murdered her and then sexually assaulted her. And respectfully, the average 14-year-old today, and for sure this 14-year-old, is no longer a child. I'm not even sure I consider him a human. He is just evil personified. May he live every day for the rest of his life behind bars. JMO

he also CONFESSED!

I look at this beautiful little girl and see my niece. They are the same age, have the same smile, and long straight hair. Still innocent and full of life. Lily should have had the opportunity to grow up, go to prom, graduate, fall in love, get married, have children and grandchildren. She was robbed of that! Her family will remember those milestones as they come up and Lily was robbed of experiencing them. My heart breaks for them.

I agree. I imagine they have a huge amount of evidence. This was a violent attack, he left evidence and DNA for sure.

He confessed to police when he was arrested.

Wisconsin DA says 14-year-old boy is the suspect in the death of 10-year-old Lily Peters

The defendant -- who was arrested Tuesday -- made statements to law enforcement that "his intention was to rape and kill the victim from the get-go" when they went down the wooded trail where her body was found Monday, the prosecutor said at a hearing.

Last edited:
I'm not too worried about that, but let's say they did violate protocol or something, which I doubt. Physical evidence should seal the deal, especially if there was in fact a rape.

I imagine this was all recorded though, as it's not like years past.

This community has dealt with teenage suspects before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper