WI WI - James Yoblonski, 13, took family's car, found on USH 12, may be in Devil's Lake State Park area, Baraboo, 12 Jun 2023 *reward*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You are assuming that he actually did that.....
What is all that fuzz with the gun? I don't assume anything, I'm only trying to understanding where could be the gun if "maybe" it's missing. A gun is missing and that's the elephant in the room. Really don't get it. It is only by chance that gun "seems" missing at same time?
You are assuming that he actually di

Re earlier posts, other reasons the gun could be an issue is because (hate to say it but everyone here has probably already thought it anyway imo...) if someone shot James with that gun, they'd have cause to want it to "go missing" and a plausible explanation for its absence. Or someone could have just used the situation as a convenient opportunity to steal a gun. Or not... But locating the gun could at least possibly give more info. than we have now about what is going on here.

Re the father's job, I was not able to tell if he is the manager or owner/co-owner of the business but I think he is more than a regular employee there anyway, fwiw.

LE hasn't said much so far. I wonder if that means they know a lot more than than we do or not much more at all. I know the FBI is now involved and I always doubt many people (child or adult) can outsmart the FBI, who have a lot more resources at their disposal than local LE agencies. So my guess is the authorities do know a lot more than they're saying.

All MOO

Last edited:
Bumping for James

Are the possibilities of where James could be endless?
In my opinion, somebody knows something and most likely more than one person knows something. I don't see any way around that or see how they could keep something so huge and heavy to themselves forever.

Also, my understanding is that various things sent to the crime labs can take many weeks or months to come back, even with a rush order. So there might be more info. still on the way there, too.

It's always so strange after waiting and waiting with these cases, when one day it suddenly all comes out into the open. Even better when the news is better than expected. Keeping up good thoughts and prayers for James. :)

MOO

Last edited:
The Sauk County Sheriff’s Office has not updated this case since August 3rd. Today is October 7th. Did they move this to the back burner?

Imo this does nothing to prove that James conducted the searches. Is there more evidence suggesting it was James, no one else?

In the early months of 2023 two searches were conducted using the device’s web browser regarding means of traveling out of state. One of these devices is owned by the Yoblonski family and the other is a device that was issued to James by the Baraboo School District. There were also several internet searches located of physical locations inside the State of Wisconsin.

Find him before inclement weather sets in; snow covers the ground.
Please and thank you.

jmo

"James Yoblonski had taken his father’s cellphone,..."

Are you speculating that in your opinion maybe someone else took the gun or just that you think he took but it could have been easy for him to access?

Maybe I misread @Oakie's post (below). I took it to mean in order for someone to wonder how easily a 13 yo cld take a loaded gun from the home and flee, you first have to accept and believe that he did flee which to date has neither been proven or disproven, right? I agree with that. jmo
You are assuming that he actually did that.....

It saddens me to see so little coverage for this kid. No updates ..no anything . I wonder if closer to his home is there more coverage? Any searches or anything being done for this kid? I don't know that he could sustain himself this long in the wilderness? No sightings anywhere ?? Praying for you James.

It saddens me to see so little coverage for this kid. No updates ..no anything . I wonder if closer to his home is there more coverage? Any searches or anything being done for this kid? I don't know that he could sustain himself this long in the wilderness? No sightings anywhere ?? Praying for you James.
I live in the same town as James and his family. Every so often someone wonders where he is, both in conversations with people I know and in local Facebook groups, but law enforcement has been silent.

From some things that have been said by officers I know, I get the sense they (the sheriff's department) think this is a runaway situation. But I don't know if they think they know where he is or not.

I live in the same town as James and his family. Every so often someone wonders where he is, both in conversations with people I know and in local Facebook groups, but law enforcement has been silent.

From some things that have been said by officers I know, I get the sense they (the sheriff's department) think this is a runaway situation. But I don't know if they think they know where he is or not.
Thanks for the reply. Where is his mom? Is she in the picture? I wonder who is in Dad's ear? Because he has been thinking along those lines for awhile and it sounds far fetched . But at the same time nothing surprises me anymore. Just pray he is alright but the longer time goes by..

The whole story and reaction by the family and the police makes no sense in this case.

If he is missing in the forest then time is running out to find him. There should be all-out search efforts now.

If he is missing and with a known person, then that should be part of an alert; same as if he is suspected to be abducted.

We are missing information

Polygraph tests aren't always reliable anyway, as has already been mentioned.

But in the interest of trying to get/keep the facts straight, I think the father, William Yoblonski, was the one who said that he passed his polygraph test. And that any reporters who repeated it were repeating William Yoblonski's words only.

My understanding is that LE does not typically tell the public if a suspect passed or failed a polygraph test, on cases that are still ongoing.

I could be wrong though. If someone knows better, please share. MOO

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. Where is his mom? Is she in the picture? I wonder who is in Dad's ear? Because he has been thinking along those lines for awhile and it sounds far fetched . But at the same time nothing surprises me anymore. Just pray he is alright but the longer time goes by..
I agree that there's a lot here that sounds far-fetched, so who knows...

I haven't heard anything about James' mother at all, throughout this whole ordeal, so my guess is she is not in the picture. Otherwise, I'd think she'd be high on the list of people James might have run off to (if he did, in fact, run off).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmoh4
Back