WI WI - James Yoblonski, 13, took family's car, found on USH 12, may be in Devil's Lake State Park area, Baraboo, 12 Jun 2023 *reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There were several changes of clothes, a pillow, and a phone charger according to this article.

Search continues for missing 13-year-old near Devil's Lake State Park; makeshift campsite found nearby

Why tag along a phone charger but ditch the phone way back on the opposite side of the road way back yonder?

It's not typical for a 13yo to steal the family van in the dead of night and run away with a firearm. What was troubling James?

I don't like that he's w/o a phone.

Why tag along a phone charger but ditch the phone way back on the opposite side of the road way back yonder?

It's not typical for a 13yo to steal the family van in the dead of night and run away with a firearm. What was troubling James?

I don't like that he's w/o a phone.
I was thinking he packed a bag which included the charger and when he possibly camped realized he didn't need the charger since he didn't have a phone and left it behind. IMO. I have high hope for him, Praying.

He could have another phone?
I don't think James has the phone charger any longer in his possession. We know his phone was located already. Maybe he had two phones but I see a 13yo teenager w/ a lost phone not a doctor w/multiples. Could be wrong tho.

He's too young to legally drive in USA. Is it possible that he's returned home by now? Maybe he needed to get away for a few days to clear his head. What's his latest location?

Tues. June 13, 2023
"Thanks to location data from Yoblonski's cell phone, the sheriff's office said it found a makeshift campsite containing property believed to belong to him.

"It's a very good sign that there's a campsite," Sheriff Chip Meister said. "He has several changes of clothes at his campsite. He has a phone charger there, he has a pillow...."

Meister said with safety in mind, because of the difficult terrain, the search will <> resume in the morning. Some officers will remain in the area and near the campsite through the night.

from PommyMommy's link Search continues for missing 13-year-old near Devil's Lake State Park; makeshift campsite found nearby

I don't think James has the phone charger any longer in his possession. We know his phone was located already. Maybe he had two phones but I see a 13yo teenager w/ a lost phone not a doctor w/multiples. Could be wrong tho.

He's too young to legally drive in USA. Is it possible that he's returned home by now? Maybe he needed to get away for a few days to clear his head. What's his latest location?

Tues. June 13, 2023
"Thanks to location data from Yoblonski's cell phone, the sheriff's office said it found a makeshift campsite containing property believed to belong to him.

"It's a very good sign that there's a campsite," Sheriff Chip Meister said. "He has several changes of clothes at his campsite. He has a phone charger there, he has a pillow...."

Meister said with safety in mind, because of the difficult terrain, the search will <> resume in the morning. Some officers will remain in the area and near the campsite through the night.

from PommyMommy's link Search continues for missing 13-year-old near Devil's Lake State Park; makeshift campsite found nearby

Glad to see some officers will stay by the campsite tonight.

JMVHO.

You can see many waterfalls in that area in this you tube video:

James has been added to NamUs.

James is 5'11" and weighs 120 pounds. Oh, rather on the thin or lanky side, I'd say.
I thought surely LE would have bumped into James by now. What did he spend the entire night and beginning of the new day doing?
He left his ph so he can't be tracked?

NamUs - that was quick!
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

<modsnip: rumors/discussing social media comments>

I'm Local
Same (sorta) I went to Devil's Lake all the time growing up and was terrified every time my friends climbed bluffs and stuff.

The sheriff is correct about the terrain, and people need to familiarize themselves with this boy, this case, this area, before they go on with "people should be allowed to search! this is human trafficking! someone lured him there!" and on and on... just hurting his family more.

Last edited by a moderator:
My father, God rest his soul, thought his grandchildren should know how to drive when they were 14yo. He took them in the summers to rural, far away places, and even more desolate than James' last known location. They learned how to read a paper map and forage the land.

There's no doubt in my mind this child, James, 13, could drive the family van and operate it at night. I'm sure he'd driven it a dozen or more times before if they'd owned it for long. He's on foot walking about out there without his wheels. Where could he be?

I hope the SM stuff hits MSM soon. I'm eager for answers.

JUN 15, 2023
[...]

Over 90 police officers from across Wisconsin searched the Baraboo Bluffs in Sauk County on Thursday in a search that started on Monday.

Sauk County Sheriff’s Office Patrol Lieutenant Steven Schram said they found plastic sandwich bags, a boot print and walking stick 200 yards southwest from the abandoned campsite earlier in the week.

“It does seem like we’re making some progress today,” Schram said. “We’re excited to find something to give us a renewed sense of confidence or hope, but at this point we’re still pushing diligently forward.”

[...]

James’ father William Yoblonski said he believes his 13-year-old son drove to his father’s work place and took a gun from that location for protection.

William also said James recently received a wilderness survival guide as a gift and that he previously expressed interest in trying to hike in the wilderness.

[...]

Referencing the Nixle Alert: UPDATE ON SEARCH FOR JAMES YOBLONSKI - NO PUBLIC SEARCH AT THIS TIME, LAW ENFORCEMENT ONLY. from Sauk County Nixle Information System : Nixle

Last edited:
You’re right, it sounds treacherous. I’m wondering if its reputation drew him there?

A quote from the article. It’s lengthy:

“1. MICHAEL McLEAN
Too much beer and a misstep
Impaired from drinking beer with friends at a campsite, Michael McLean of Janesville went hiking in the middle of the night. Lost, he stepped off a rock in a boulder field and fell 60 feet.
He spent about three weeks in the hospital, the first one in a coma. He broke his pelvis, wrist and an eye socket and suffered frontal lobe brain damage. A year after the June 2006 accident, he has problems with short-term memory and coming up with words.
"I guess it's rare to make it through what I did," said McLean, now 24 and a factory worker. "I talk about it quite a bit with people because I don't want to see people do anything as stupid as what I did."

2. STEVEN BURKE
Hiker tripped, fell 100 feet

While hiking with a group of friends about 8 p.m., Steven Burke, 40, of Green Bay, apparently tripped near an overlook and fell more than 100 feet in August of 1994.

The area where he fell was difficult to access, even for a rescue team. He was lifted with ropes and baskets, then taken to an open area where a helicopter flew him to a hospital.
He was conscious and coherent when rescuers reached him, but suffering from head injuries. He died from those injuries about two weeks later.
3. MATTHEW SLOSS

A sad night for Illinois family
Matthew Sloss, a drummer in a rock band, had always been a risk taker and somewhat rebellious, his parents said.
On the night of his death in August of 2003, the 20-year-old from Lake Zurich, Ill., was supposed to go to a Chicago Cubs game with his siblings but slipped out of town with a friend.
The two drove to Devil's Lake State Park, arriving about 12:30 a.m., 90 minutes after the park closed. They scaled a locked gate and hiked a service road to a rock outcropping, where they sat and talked under a bright moon.
They were just preparing to hike some more when Sloss said he was going to urinate over the ledge, his friend later said. Sloss fell forward and didn't make a sound as he fell 50 feet.

Emergency personnel struggled for two hours to retrieve his body. He was an organ donor, but only some of tissue and bones and his eyes could be donated due to the impact.
A coroner's report said his blood-alcohol level that night was more than three times the legal limit. He was on probation at the time for a drunken-driving conviction and was not to leave Illinois or drink alcohol, according to the accident report.
"He basically had no business being there," said his mother, Linda Sloss. "It was a very sad night, but I certainly never blamed the park for it."
William Sloss said his son's death haunts him. "Why wasn't there a scream? Did he black out? Did he have a heart attack? It will always be a mystery. I don't like mysteries."”

from the article above :

"William also said James recently received a wilderness survival guide as a gift and that he previously expressed interest in trying to hike in the wilderness."

I see this as hopeful. Maybe James is not despondent or anguished about something. Maybe he is just being willful in wanting to experiment, challenge himself.
Notwithstanding how dangerous this wilderness area is, I want to think that maybe there's some hope in finding him safe and ok here.

from the article above :

"William also said James recently received a wilderness survival guide as a gift and that he previously expressed interest in trying to hike in the wilderness."

I see this as hopeful. Maybe James is not despondent or anguished about something. Maybe he is just being willful in wanting to experiment, challenge himself.
Notwithstanding how dangerous this wilderness area is, I want to think that maybe there's some hope in finding him safe and ok here.

RBBM

Hopefully, this is the case.

Interesting that he was using a walking stick.

JMVHO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper