Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I had an archive of press conference videos. I want to hear again what the sheriff says and doesn't say about the 911 call.

JMO -- is it possible that talk of "a 911 call for help" morphed into "help" ON the 911 call?

Whatever was in that call, I have the deepest respect for the 911 operator/dispatcher and all LE for their rapid responses that night.

It’s either kids prank or trolls, wiki is usually good... like someone saying BAMA coach Nick Saban owned by Dabo Sweeney ... it’s just troll... will be gone in couple hours.

Still pretty sick imo. If one was not interested in this case in particular who would think to go do that? And more than once per what others have said above.

I went back and did screen shots. I don't know a lot about Wikipedia because I don't trust it--I will use it as a general source on rare occasion and that's it. Yet I see each caption can be edited but the box to the right I did not see an edit option and yet that had her status as the same b.s. Can that be edited does anyone know? Just curious as again, I do not know a lot about the site.
I justed edited that portion out of the Wiki page.

Here's something I have been thinking about: The perp had to have spent time on the Closs property. He needed to know that he could kick the door in-what if the Closs' had a steel door? He needed to know the layout of the property itself, and not just the interior of the home-there could have been toys, tools, ATV's strewn all over the yard. You don't want to twist an ankle in the middle of a capital crime. He needed to know how many people lived there, and what their schedule was like-it's one thing to take on a small sleep-addled family, it's another to face an entire clan. He needed to know something about James Closs. Did James own weapons? Did he own a lot of weapons? Look at EARONS in California-he would actually enter people's homes prior to a crime and remove bullets from guns-prepping the scene. Anyway, that's just the things that have been occurring to me.

Here's something I have been thinking about: The perp had to have spent time on the Closs property. He needed to know that he could kick the door in-what if the Closs' had a steel door? He needed to know the layout of the property itself, and not just the interior of the home-there could have been toys, tools, ATV's strewn all over the yard. You don't want to twist an ankle in the middle of a capital crime. He needed to know how many people lived there, and what their schedule was like-it's one thing to take on a small sleep-addled family, it's another to face an entire clan. He needed to know something about James Closs. Did James own weapons? Did he own a lot of weapons? Look at EARONS in California-he would actually enter people's homes prior to a crime and remove bullets from guns-prepping the scene. Anyway, that's just the things that have been occurring to me.

All great points and a no. Have said this in here.... why most think the perps were known to closses or had stayed at home multiple times...

With 2 cars, you wouldn’t know 2 or 10 people in house. 2 or 10 cell phones, they killed 2 people in 5 seconds and somebody still called 911.

That area has trap shooting teams in high school... you’d have to know what your walking into. Before first shot goes off.[/QUOTE]

I have the same thoughts unless they just dumb lucked out. How could they know they did not have a German Shepherd and a Rottweiler, how did they know otherwise? How could they know there was no security system or at least a deer cam, etc.? How did they know dad may not have been in bed on a couch in the basement with a phone nearby? Or Jayme (if she was the target). How did they know she was home if she was the target? And I could go on.

This was someone who not only knew the family and home but was maybe even there just prior...? Possibly... Or at the very least knew the routines....?

I have always said my first question I would like answered if we could ask for that would be where the 3 members of the family were in the past few days before this incident. I am starting to change my mind and think I maybe want to know who, if anyone, was contacted that day and evening by any of the 3... Or made contact with them.

It is hard to train the brain to think of what we don't know instead of following what we do know. Well we did not know for some time the sister had contact with Denise that night. We also of course know there was the 911 call. Therefore, because we would not know about the fact a sister had contact had we not been told, we also do not know that that was the only contact anyone had with anyone. It is simply all we have been told thus far....

For all we know, they heard the gun shots the neighbors heard. Why wouldn't they? That is one possibility...

Tom Smrekar said the Closses moved in next door about seven years ago, but he has spoken with them only a handful of times.

“They were fine neighbors,” he said. “We really don’t know them — our contact has been minimal.”

——————-

There’s the Smrekar quote about 7 yrs ago,
It’s just another odd statement... Zillow makes it look like closs lived there 17 yrs...
There saying 7. Does anyone know if it’s 7 or 17. Is this there only home in Barron wi, before they moved from rice lake.

Tom Smrekar said the Closses moved in next door about seven years ago, but he has spoken with them only a handful of times.

“They were fine neighbors,” he said. “We really don’t know them — our contact has been minimal.”

——————-
By rented, I mean maybe she had it rented out to someone, maybe lived with Jim?

It’s just another odd statement... Zillow makes it look like closs lived there 17 yrs...
There saying 7. Does anyone know if it’s 7 or 17. Is this there only home in Barron wi, before they moved from rice lake.

When were they in Rice Lake? Never heard that one before.

I believe records showed back when Denise has owned the home 17 years. I also believe it was purchased by her before she and Jim were together/married. For that reason, I tended to think they had always lived there but I guess it is always possible it was rented or when they started seeing each other, perhaps Jim had a home they lived in?

I think it is allowable to say that WI court records show they both had previous Barron addresses. I never saw anything about Rice Lake.

Are we sure it is not the Smrekars that have lived in their home for seven years...?

The GIS for Barron County also seems to show 2001 as the date of the last document filing (presumably the deed).

——————-

The only thing I can figure is that as you age time seems shorter. I’ll say something to my wife about an event I state was a couple years ago, and she’ll say something like our son wasn’t born yet, so it had to be closer to four years... I’ve seen my dad do it too with larger gaps between perceived and actual events. A decade seems like a big difference, but I don’t know, I couldn’t nail a timeline for any of my neighbors either.

**EDIT Removed quote***
I found two newspaper ads for yard sales at the Closs house that date back to 2012 and 2013, if I remember correctly. Said multiple family, girls clothing, and collectibles. I haven't found any recent yard sales that could have brought strangers to the house though. I tried checking marketplace on fb because that is how most people announce them now. Does Barron have a buy, sell, trade page?

I found two newspaper ads for yard sales at the Closs house that date back to 2012 and 2013, if I remember correctly. Said multiple family, girls clothing, and collectibles. I haven't found any recent yard sales that could have brought strangers to the house though. I tried checking marketplace on fb because that is how most people announce them now. Does Barron have a buy, sell, trade page?

not sure about barron but there is a nw wisconsin page that i think a majority use.

ETA: NW WI BUYING & SELLING PAGE. (There are some that sound alike but this is the main one I believe .

——————-

Some people have trouble with time. My neighbors thought we moved a couple of years ago. It was actually 5 years ago.

**EDIT Removed quote***

Chetek alert and

Bloomer Advance

Ladysmith News

Barron News-Shield

Rusk County Shopper

Rice Lake Chronotype would be the biggest and most common used for a newspaper (or their home paper of Barron you cited). Rice Lake would have the most ads and subscribers in their area and is used the most for big sales. The other 3 are too far away imho to be likely or worth it if a sale at the Closs home. There is also a Turtle Lake paper but too small and they wouldn't bother imo. Cumberland, the same thing, very small, think it is called the Advocate but the RL one is most likely, Barron 2nd. Again imho. :)

I would also look for a Toyota for sale, the car the plate number comes back to. I believe it is as likely she just bought the white Ford as it is a typo, and the transfer of plates simply had not been sent in yet. That would be an amount of cash in hand at home as well possibly. If a Toyota was not a trade at a dealer, it may have been sold outright and Hwy 8 exposure is a very good place if one wanted to sell something due to traffic. I do not have the talent to search these things nor do I know how people do it, just a suggestion. I believe it was a 2009 black Toyota Corolla. Craig's List, selling sites...? On Craig's List it could be NW WI area or the Twin Cities, St. Croix Falls and/or Eau Claire.

Rice Lake Chronotype would be the biggest and most common used for a newspaper (or their home paper of Barron you cited). Rice Lake would have the most ads and subscribers in their area and is used the most for big sales. The other 3 are too far away imho to be likely or worth it if a sale at the Closs home. There is also a Turtle Lake paper but too small and they wouldn't bother imo. Cumberland, the same thing, very small, think it is called the Advocate but the RL one is most likely, Barron 2nd. Again imho. :)
My computer is updating or I could tell you which paper the ads were in. I am asking about pages on Facebook. Most people advertise things for sale on fb.

I would also look for a Toyota for sale, the car the plate number comes back to. I believe it is as likely she just bought the white Ford as it is a typo, and the transfer of plates simply had not been sent in yet. That would be an amount of cash in hand at home as well possibly. If a Toyota was not a trade at a dealer, it may have been sold outright and Hwy 8 exposure is a very good place if one wanted to sell something due to traffic. I do not have the talent to search these things nor do I know how people do it, just a suggestion. I believe it was a 2009 black Toyota Corolla. Craig's List, selling sites...? On Craig's List it could be NW WI area or the Twin Cities, St. Croix Falls and/or Eau Claire.
I searched fb marketplace for the cars of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alternative_hat_9417