Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I lived in Barron I would still be pissed that the sheriff made it sound like the community was safe! He didn’t know… he didn’t know squat!

It is always a challenge when LE has to assess the threat to the community.

Imo any community is under any given threat at any time, doesn’t matter where you live, BUT active predators operating locally in a community is...

Last edited:
Not sure what you’re referring to but crosslinking quote:

(Ninja trick haha jk)
I'm referring to the Fox news article i just read.
(quote)
BARRON -- The company that employed the slain parents of Jayme Closs, a Wisconsin teen who was kidnapped, says the man accused in the attack worked at the plant for one day nearly three years ago.

The home from which Jayme escaped in the Town of Gordon on Thursday, Jan. 10 has been owned for years by Patrick Patterson, the father of Jake Patterson -- the suspect in Jayme's disappearance.

Jake Patterson is a 21-year-old unemployed graduate of Northwood School in Minong, Wisconsin.
‘They were super nice:’ Kidnapping suspect Jake Patterson worked with Jayme Closs’ parents for a day

I’m not saying I’d really approve of this because I want him charged with all of his crimes... but he could offer not to bring sexual abuse/assault charges so the guy won’t be labeled a sex offender while he spends eternity rotting in prison. I’m not an expert but that might matter to his personal safety.

Imo.

He does not deserve that protection if he did commit sexual assault against a child. Would hate to see any offer made. And why do they need an offer? He was caught red-handed. But yes, avoiding a trial would be beneficial...I can see that. Maybe just offer his choice of prison instead...

It is always a challenge when LE has to assess the threat to the community.

(Imo any community is under any given threat at any time, doesn’t matter where you live, BUT active predators operating locally in a community is...

True but sometimes it is best to be honest and say you don’t know. Although all along, the sheriff admitted he knew nothing and he was not kidding. So the public should have drawn their own conclusions. I am sure everyone felt unsafe anyway.

Here is the link to how the Closs family knew Patterson.
(quote)
They were super nice:’ Kidnapping suspect Jake Patterson worked with Jayme Closs’ parents for a day
‘They were super nice:’ Kidnapping suspect Jake Patterson worked with Jayme Closs’ parents for a day

That, IMNSHO, is a SUPER MISLEADING HEADLINE

The quote “they were super nice” is from a Gordon neighbour referring to the Patterson family.

What the article actually says about a connection between JP & the Closs family is: “Investigators have not said if Jake Patterson knew Jayme Closs, but Patterson did work for one day at the Jennie-O Turkey Store in Barron nearly three years ago.”.

Sometimes I really dislike the media :(.

From the last thread, someone had asked if Wisconsin had ever had a public trial. I saw one person respond about, I think, the Dahmer trial. I had to skim the thread since it was moving so fast, so I don't know who else might have responded. I just wanted to add that I watched the Todd Kendhammer case live online on the Law & Crime network site, just over a year ago.

I don't know what determines whether any specific case of sufficient interest gets video coverage on those sites.

That, IMNSHO, is a SUPER MISLEADING HEADLINE

The quote “they were super nice” is from a Gordon neighbour referring to the Patterson family.

What the article actually says about a connection between JP & the Closs family is: “Investigators have not said if Jake Patterson knew Jayme Closs, but Patterson did work for one day at the Jennie-O Turkey Store in Barron nearly three years ago.”.

Sometimes I really dislike the media :(.
Okay thanks for clarification. I did read it initially over on the Media thread, so maybe the mods. can delete if inappropriate?

True but sometimes it is best to be honest and say you don’t know. Although all along, the sheriff admitted he knew nothing and he was not kidding. So the public should have drawn their own conclusions. I am sure everyone felt unsafe anyway.

I agree completely. LE cant win. All along they said they had no idea who was responsible and ran out of leads. All they can say is they’re working around the clock to find the perpetrator(s). What exactly more should they say? If there’s an unsolved murder there’s by definition an unidentified murderer out there. Communities aren’t so brain dead that they need LE gratuitously reminding them that they should be scared because the murder isn’t solved yet.

@Seeking Jana, OT (sort of)
I was too late to post on last thread. I believe abuse/neglect of a child is at the core of becoming a psychopath. The following points you made could also describe an abused child who might grown up to be a psychopath:

they have huge internal black holes where love and caring for others should be. SOULLESS.

Children and adults with true ASPD lack empathy or other true emotions. They " mimic" what they see other children or adults doing. The usual classic first signs of a budding ASPD child are the following:
1) Bedwetting on a nightly or near- nightly basis far past the age of usual toilet training in the absence of any bladder or other physical factor.
2) Fecal soiling past age 5 on a chronic basis in the absence of a GI illness.
3) Torture of helpless persons or animals. Usually, this refers to harming young babies, killing small animals who are usually baby animals.
4) Starting fires regardless to the likely harm to any person, property or animals.
5) Petty crimes such as theft when the child has the money to buy the item.
6) Lack of feeling for others ( empathy or sympathy). This is the major one, and the one which causes violent tendencies to form.

I don't think this discussion is OT at all. It takes a psychopath to kill two innocent people by shooting them to abduct their daughter, likely with no intent to ever release her alive.

I hope all posters can see the extreme depravity in the behaviors we know about at this time. Jayme's parents paid with their lives, and Jayme has lost...intrinsic parts of her former happiness and free life that she may never get back 100% because of the memories.

To answer your post, yes, the development of an Anti-Social Personality Disordered child ( who may not be detected until adulthood, of course) is believed by most modern psychiatrists to be the result of both nature and nurture in most cases.

Examples:
Pregnant woman takes illegal drugs and drinks heavily in pregnancy. Child may have FASD or mild delays. IF there is a continued chaotic home life with rage forming in the child instead of bonds with the mother and other family, this is setting the stage for ASPD.
In some children, it can cause other psychiatric disorders, but it is widely believed that a 1- 2 hit to an unborn or recently born baby, then neglect, abuse, instability in the home environment are the usual causative factors in Anti-Social Personality Disorder, or psychopathy.
Thanks for your input. I hope one day we can eradicate the condition of absolute disregard for any person the psychopath may fixate on, like what happened to Jayme.

This brave soul has a difficult journey ahead. I am immensely proud of her courage and determination.
I think she will learn to reach out to those she trusts when she's scared, and set her own level of social exposure for a while until she feels safe.

I do wish she could have a person who could serve as a friend and also a safety officer. This type of person was offered to the Ramsey family when Burke returned to school and they rejected it, as I recall. He was also offered a panic button to press if he felt scared or threatened after JBR was killed. This was in Boulder right after the murder. He was NOT offered the same or even anything in Atlanta. I knew several of his school mates' mothers and they confirmed that he was not offered anything extra in his school in Marietta.

In Jayme's case, the type of person I see is kind and helpful but not a pushover when it comes to the activities which would benefit Jayme but not put her in a huge public spotlight for a while like cheerleading might, unless Jayme truly wanted to do cheerleading again.
Someone who could easily and quickly respond if there was any physical threats against her at school or elsewhere, and who would also monitor any teasing or bad comments at school by recording for the school authorities.

Mostly, though, as a physical safety officer who has psychological training in interacting with and speaking to 13 year old girls in helpful and productive ways.
Jayme is likely to have some degree of emotional regression due to both her abduction experience and the tragic loss of both of her parents. This change in her family dynamics so suddenly combined with being removed from the people she knew and loved for 3 months plus the trauma she endured during that time is about as much as a human psyche of any aged person can bear at one time.

The reason I am so very concerned for her when she goes back to her activities and school are that when emotional hurts come to her, she no longer has either of her parents to go to, and so many of the hurts will be about them. . As an only child, this is one of the most tragic losses because the bonds are so very strong and sometimes, our mothers are like our big sisters, if we are lucky, which I believe she was from what extended family members have said about them..

In an earlier thread, someone suggested a therapy dog for her. I do not know the age nor general disposition of her Molly, but the dog was perfectly behaved in the press conference while Jayme was held captive. Maybe her own dog can offer comfort to her until a trained therapy dog can be assigned to her. I understand it takes some time for the dogs to be trained for the individual.
God bless Jayme, and may those who are responsible for her welfare and happiness, and those who love her come up with innovative ways to help her through the many emotional challenges she will overcome as she progresses back to full health and a new type of happiness. All the while, navigating young teenhood.

Add up all the factors, and I know she will be supported and helped a great deal by family, school, friends, therapists and maybe clergy, but it's a huge amount to work through.

The most important things are that she's young and resilient and she's ALIVE and said to be well. :)

DwrL173UcAA1PFC

I think she will learn to reach out to those she trusts when she's scared, and set her own level of social exposure for a while until she feels safe.

I do wish she could have a person who could serve as a friend and also a safety officer. This type of person was offered to the Ramsey family when Burke returned to school and they rejected it, as I recall. He was also offered a panic button to press if he felt scared or threatened after JBR was killed. This was in Boulder right after the murder. He was NOT offered the same or even anything in Atlanta. I knew several of his school mates' mothers and they confirmed that he was not offered anything extra in his school in Marietta.

In Jayme's case, the type of person I see is kind and helpful but not a pushover when it comes to the activities which would benefit Jayme but not put her in a huge public spotlight for a while like cheerleading might, unless Jayme truly wanted to do cheerleading again.
Someone who could easily and quickly respond if there was any physical threats against her at school or elsewhere, and who would also monitor any teasing or bad comments at school by recording for the school authorities.

Mostly, though, as a physical safety officer who has psychological training in interacting with and speaking to 13 year old girls in helpful and productive ways.
Jayme is likely to have some degree of emotional regression due to both her abduction experience and the tragic loss of both of her parents. This change in her family dynamics so suddenly combined with being removed from the people she knew and loved for 3 months plus the trauma she endured during that time is about as much as a human psyche of any aged person can bear at one time.

The reason I am so very concerned for her when she goes back to her activities and school are that when emotional hurts come to her, she no longer has either of her parents to go to, and so many of the hurts will be about them. . As an only child, this is one of the most tragic losses because the bonds are so very strong and sometimes, our mothers are like our big sisters, if we are lucky, which I believe she was from what extended family members have said about them..

In an earlier thread, someone suggested a therapy dog for her. I do not know the age nor general disposition of her Molly, but the dog was perfectly behaved in the press conference while Jayme was held captive. Maybe her own dog can offer comfort to her until a trained therapy dog can be assigned to her. I understand it takes some time for the dogs to be trained for the individual.
God bless Jayme, and may those who are responsible for her welfare and happiness, and those who love her come up with innovative ways to help her through the many emotional challenges she will overcome as she progresses back to full health and a new type of happiness. All the while, navigating young teenhood.

Add up all the factors, and I know she will be supported and helped a great deal by family, school, friends, therapists and maybe clergy, but it's a huge amount to work through.

The most important things are that she's young and resilient and she's ALIVE and said to be well. :)

Most importantly I hope they set up a trust to pay for serious life-long support. Shasta Groene has had a difficult life mired with drug abuse and her own troubles with the law (which IMO is understandable given the horrors she survived). Everyone cared when she was a news story but no ones helping her now. Even the house she was given ended up in a legal battle. So people who are so sure Jayme will have everything she needs should take a look at other victims of abuse. Elizabeth Smart is the exception, not the rule. She realizes this better than anyone and has dedicated her life to helping others avoid the common tragedy cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay