Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read a few pages back that the father had paid off the mortgage - is this not correct? Thanks!

I’m quoting/bringing forward my own post, because there’s still confusion about JP’s residence and the mortgage, which I perpetuated until @klind55 kindly did due diligence and set me straight.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/20190111_235426-jpg.163788/

Patterson father paid off the mortgage. He didn’t give the house back to the bank

Thank you! That needed to be clarified!

Websleuths (WS) Etiquette & Information

It is the responsibility of each Websleuths member to understand and abide by the rules and policies listed below. Should you have questions, please address them in an email to WS Adminstration at websleuthscomments@gmail.com.

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS, e.g., FACEBOOK and TWITTER

Approved Pages/Profiles

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)
  • Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
  • Do not link to an individual’s (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
  • If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!
BAITING, TROLLING, INCITING CONFLICT

WS maintains zero tolerance for members who create posts intended to antagonize other members.

IGNORE LIST

If you've got a couple of posters that you feel you just cannot bear reading, the "Ignore List" is your friend. When you put someone's name on your list you will not see their posts. The poster will have no way of knowing they are on your list (and it's a TOS violation to make an obnoxious post saying you are doing so, since there's no reason for it). Click on the link below:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist

If you see a post that violates the TOS by all means alert on it - but PLEASE do not quote or respond in any way!

REGISTERED SEX OFFENDERS (RSO's)

It is illegal to use the sex offender registry information to harass anyone. We would never condone that at Websleuths. When circumstances warrant, such as in the case of a missing child, it is acceptable to research the sex offender registry to locate area RSO's and post their information, along with maps to show how close they live to the victim.

Any statements pertaining to a registered sex offender must always be within the law. Posts which even hint at harassment will be removed promptly.

DELETING POSTS and CLOSING THREADS

WS Administration has the right to close any thread, and to delete any post, which we deem inappropriate. The decision to close a thread, or to delete or edit a post is solely ours. We adhere to a strict policy of striving to maintain interesting and productive discussions for the benefit of the WS community.

As such, threads that create an unnecessary amount of conflict, and serve no constructive purpose, may be closed at the discretion of the WS staff.

In addition, moderators will exercise their discretion to delete individual posts which are inappropriate, offensive, or otherwise violate TOS (including the rules and etiquette outlined above).

Be aware that if you quote a post which warrants removal, your post is subject to deletion, as well.

OFF TOPIC POSTS

OTP's are posts that do not relate to the intended thread topic, or are placed in the wrong category. While we realize threads often expand into different topics, we encourage members to do their best to either stay on track with the original topic, or to start another thread. Off-Topic posts are subject to editing or removal at administrative discretion, and without notification. Members that continuously post off topic may have their posting privileges suspended.

Looks like 2nd degree (that he committed) is a felony, but argued it down to a misdemeanor.

(2) Second degree sexual assault. Whoever does any of the following is guilty of a Class C felony:
(a) Has sexual contact or sexual intercourse with another person without consent of that person by use or threat of force or violence.
(b) Has sexual contact or sexual intercourse with another person without consent of that person and causes injury, illness, disease or impairment of a sexual or reproductive organ, or mental anguish requiring psychiatric care for the victim.
(c) Has sexual contact or sexual intercourse with a person who suffers from a mental illness or deficiency which renders that person temporarily or permanently incapable of appraising the person's conduct, and the defendant knows of such condition.
(cm) Has sexual contact or sexual intercourse with a person who is under the influence of an intoxicant to a degree which renders that person incapable of giving consent if the defendant has actual knowledge that the person is incapable of giving consent and the defendant has the purpose to have sexual contact or sexual intercourse with the person while the person is incapable of giving consent.
(d) Has sexual contact or sexual intercourse with a person who the defendant knows is unconscious.
(f) Is aided or abetted by one or more other persons and has sexual contact or sexual intercourse with another person without the consent of that person.
(g) Is an employee of a facility or program under s. 940.295 (2) (b), (c), (h) or (k) and has sexual contact or sexual intercourse with a person who is a patient or resident of the facility or program.
(h) Has sexual contact or sexual intercourse with an individual who is confined in a correctional institution if the actor is a correctional staff member. This paragraph does not apply if the individual with whom the actor has sexual contact or sexual intercourse is subject to prosecution for the sexual contact or sexual intercourse under this section.
(i) Has sexual contact or sexual intercourse with an individual who is on probation, parole, or extended supervision if the actor is a probation, parole, or extended supervision agent who supervises the individual, either directly or through a subordinate, in his or her capacity as a probation, parole, or extended supervision agent or who has influenced or has attempted to influence another probation, parole, or extended supervision agent's supervision of the individual. This paragraph does not apply if the individual with whom the actor has sexual contact or sexual intercourse is subject to prosecution for the sexual contact or sexual intercourse under this section.
(j) Is a licensee, employee, or nonclient resident of an entity, as defined in s. 48.685 (1) (b) or 50.065 (1) (c), and has sexual contact or sexual intercourse with a client of the entity.
(3) Third degree sexual assault.
(a) Whoever has sexual intercourse with a person without the consent of that person is guilty of a Class G felony.
(b) Whoever has sexual contact in the manner described in sub. (5) (b) 2. or 3. with a person without the consent of that person is guilty of a Class G felony.
(3m) Fourth degree sexual assault. Except as provided in sub. (3), whoever has sexual contact with a person without the consent of that person is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.
(4) Consent. “Consent", as used in this section, means words or overt actions by a person who is competent to give informed consent indicating a freely given agreement to have sexual intercourse or sexual contact. Consent is not an issue in alleged violations of sub. (2) (c), (cm), (d), (g), (h), and (i). The following persons are presumed incapable of consent but the presumption may be rebutted by competent evidence, subject to the provisions of s. 972.11 (2):
(b) A person suffering from a mental illness or defect which impairs capacity to appraise personal conduct.
(c) A person who is unconscious or for any other reason is physically unable to communicate unwillingness to an act.

I was pretty horrified when someone suggested that we "need to know more" before deciding this wasn't a consensual sexual encounter.

No we don't. It's not a statutory rape charge. It's sexual assault. Geez.

Anyhow, what on earth created that dynamic with those brothers?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish there were more updates on the suspect.
I am wondering if he is cooperating or if he is refusing to speak. I would love to know if any of his family has gone to visit him and if so are they are encouraging him to cooperate or not. I have not come across any statements that the suspect's family has made with regard to the crime, which I respect if they do not want to put one out there, I imagine they are likely mortified and likely speechless. As I said previously, I hope he confesses and is swiftly sentenced and put away.

I thought I read "comings and goings" too, and Jayme told the neighbor that she was locked up when he "had people over". But, of course, now I can't find links.
Now that you mention it, I think I read that too. I think the school teacher and police officer neighbors may have said that in an article. So maybe the comings and goings were typical 21 year old type comings and goings- watching football Games with friends etc. if she was hidden during those times then I’m hoping she wasn’t being assaulted by the “comer and goers” if that makes sense. And LE would have made additional arrests by now, right? My mind went to holly bobo when i read comings and goings. I’m now thinking it was not those types of visitors. Thank God.

I find this extremely creepy since his brother works at Subway...this post was posted 10/25/18...it holds way too many similarities to the truth for my comfort...was someone trying to tip someone off??
Without too many details, there were posts on SM about a young man who went missing at the same time Jayme did. He was from Eau Clair, which is the town to the south of Barron...not the same as the South Eau Claire Circle in Gordon where she had been held and was found. This was not related to Jayme at all, believe, in fact, it was investigated, but the young man returned home and was no where near Barron WI.

Yay for Jayme, she's home! I for one am proud of her for having the courage to take an opportunity to escape and win her freedom. She is a survivor which will serve her well on her road to recovery.

Seems like the thread is slipping off into IDK what. Will check back.

Now that you mention it, I think I read that too. I think the school teacher and police officer neighbors may have said that in an article. So maybe the comings and goings were typical 21 year old type comings and goings- watching football Games with friends etc. if she was hidden during those times then I’m hoping she wasn’t being assaulted by the “comer and goers” if that makes sense. And LE would have made additional arrests by now, right? My mind went to holly bobo when i read comings and goings. I’m now thinking it was not those types of visitors. Thank God.

It was mentioned that JP had a lot of vehicles, which seems kind of strange for a possibly unemployed person who is maybe living there alone. I’m wondering if it was just him the neighbour would see coming and going. Maybe he used a different vehicle each time he went out for food, etc.

Sheriff stated in PC that JP had been planning this for some time

I hope in time we will know why he chose Jayme, where he first saw her etc.

Unfortunately if JP is the only one who knows this then it's up to him to confess to those details...& he may not.....

I seem to be unable to quote in replies, but thank you for posting the TOS, not.a.muggle. Since the brother has been mentioned in the press and by the police, I don't know if that changes things, as opposed to posters going out and finding him.

I'll stop discussing him if it's potentially against the rules. I don't think there's anything relevant to be found there anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megan_peterson253