Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely post, UKslueth2018. To me, butterflies and dragonflies are symbols of eternal life.

I saved a dragonfly from a pond one summer holiday and now randomly see them whilst out also...

Much love to all.. Whatever helps each person works for each person.. And I do hope Jayme can find comfort from somewhere xx

Yeah, while his initial planning was fairly well thought out, the aftermath seems poorly planned. It seems like he was just working with whatever he had around the house (totes with barbells). I don't think he's done this before, but I think he probably would have done it again in the future.
Yes....possibly an Ariel Castro in the making.

Here’s a solid synopsis by the AP. It details everything that happened and includes the charging documents.

Kidnapping suspect targeted girl after seeing her get on bus (from @AP) Kidnapping suspect targeted girl after seeing her get on bus

The details that he provided to LE show one thing. He was proud of the work and planning he did to do this. Sick.

He said he assumed he had gotten away with the slayings and kidnappings after two weeks went by. He told detectives that on the night he kidnapped her he put stolen license plates on his car and removed an anti-kidnapping release cord from his trunk. He also shaved his head so he would not leave any hair behind and chose his father’s Mossberg shotgun because he thought it was a common model that would be hard to trace.

Not taking a personal swipe here, but to be exact and keep the facts straight on the thread, we do not know that adult diapers were found. An empty box was found and could be explained away in multiple ways. Also, the make-up and other girlish things found were likely his sister's left behind belongings.

Actually, what you're claiming is inaccurate, as adult diapers have been found.

According to DailyMail:
"Patterson, 21, is believed to have lived at the isolated woodland home until his arrest on charges of kidnapping and intentional homicide.

The surrounding 2.5 acre lot is littered with old cars, rusty bikes and an assortment of junk, while a sign saying 'Patterson's Retreat' greets visitors as they approach the two-story, $110,000 dwelling.

Twinkling Christmas decorations are still strung across the yard and many of the lights are still on inside the wooden house - suggesting the occupant left in a hurry and didn't have a chance to return.

Chillingly, a mound of trash strewn beside a garage includes an empty box of 80 adult Member's Mark diapers."

Jayme Closs kept as prisoner inside squalid basement 'cell' | Daily Mail Online

I am in complete and utter shock after reading the arrest affidavit. It is so much worse than I ever anticipated and I cannot believe what poor Jayme had to endure. She was in her mother's arms when he kicked the door in to the bathroom and then shot her in the head. Chilling, terrifying and he is a pure psychopath IMO. He will never see the light of day as a free man again and that makes me happy.

Jayme freed herself, from a monster and walked out to freedom. I don't know of many adults, let alone a 13 year old child, who could have had the courage and presence of mind to do the same. I hope she can recover and move forward in life with the same will to survive she has shown. God bless this sweet girl.

Thanks to JN and Henry the dog who scrambled her to safety quickly. He was out prowling for her. And the K family that sheltered her until police arrived. Wow, they are outstanding examples of extraordinary human beings. THANK YOU!

Five million dollar bail. I don't think that this guy is going to be able to make bail.

I am pretty sure, even if his parents could put up 10%, why would they? Then again, it would be interesting if they did, and this guy would be free out of jail, on bail. He is a danger to society, I think that there is enough evidence to hold him without a bail amount.
IMO he is a danger to society & a flight risk.

"Detective Hagen reports the tread patterns [in the blood in the Closs home] appeared to be from tactical type boots."

From http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/jayme+closs+complaint.pdf

I think he was on some "military" mission in his fantasy.

jmo

Reading this is disturbing, because it seems like police withheld important information, that could have lead to Jayme being rescued.

The information about the four door red car, seeking male, with military service who has a four door red car. Police could have easily reported that information. Maybe they thought the kidnapper would have killed Jayme, but since they were looking for a body anyway, that is a moot point.

This disturbs me. Because if I had lived in the area, or even heard a report like that, I definitely would have been alert for anyone matching that description.

Kudos to Jayme for escaping, even though she knew he could and would hurt her. She is remarkable.

Absolutely agree. Had Jayme not escaped, this guy probably never would have been caught.

As soon as circumstances changed, or he tired of her, she would have met the same fate as her parents.

Other lives were probably saved by Jayme’s escape.

I do think he hoped she would fall for him and live happily ever after.. As it isn't apparent yet that he tied her up.. Not sure he had thought about long term if she didn't love him..

Last edited:
The details that he provided to LE show one thing. He was proud of the work and planning he did to do this. Sick.

He said he assumed he had gotten away with the slayings and kidnappings after two weeks went by. He told detectives that on the night he kidnapped her he put stolen license plates on his car and removed an anti-kidnapping release cord from his trunk. He also shaved his head so he would not leave any hair behind and chose his father’s Mossberg shotgun because he thought it was a common model that would be hard to trace.
Yup. “Look at me, I’m a brilliant criminal mastermind. You only caught me because she escaped.”

This is literally his life’s achievement.

Yeah, that’s a hell of an accomplishment there. Dumbass.

It really weirds me out that J.C. happens to resemble the killer’s sister, & that when he took J.C. to his house (okay, his father’s house that he was living in), he made her dress in his sister’s pajamas. Was this simply bc these were clothes that fit, or is there something more there?

To be fair, what could his siblings have done? I doubt any young 20’s siblings would have the financial means to enable their brother by supporting his freeloading lifestyle. Now, his parent or parents enabling this lifestyle...that’s a different story. If this killer would have to have worked to support himself, like the vast majority of the adult world, he wouldn’t have had the time to guard his kidnapping victim nearly 24/7. There is A LOT to be said about an able-bodied young man not being gainfully employed (& not, that we know of, off on mental health disability or such).

From above:

“Now, his parent or parents enabling this lifestyle...that’s a different story. If this killer would have to have worked to support himself, like the vast majority of the adult world, he wouldn’t have had the time to guard his kidnapping victim nearly 24/7. There is A LOT to be said about an able-bodied young man not being gainfully employed (& not, that we know of, off on mental health disability or such).”

I do not see a definitive correlation here- there are gainfully employed abductors and killers. Conversely there are plenty of people who might be lazy/don’t work but they aren’t killers. I don’t think we can directly attribute the parents paying his bills as a direct contributor for his actions of double homicide and kidnapping, I mean he’s a sicko regardless.

If his parents made him work I doubt that would change his rotten heart and natural predatory inclinations, moo.

Last edited:
It's not eligible for any STATE sponsored surety bond. In other words, Patterson OR his bondsman cannot get him out for 10% of the bail set with the state.
The court has to receive the ENTIRE five million dollars. IN CASH.
There are some states that allow people to pay only 10% through their own surety bonds. Wisconsin is NOT one of those.

The court cannot and does not stipulate how JP gets that money. He can beg it from family, he can get it from savings,OR he can GO GET A LOAN from a private bondsman. One of those people listed on google at their houses. That person will charge JP 10% of the total amount that he will have to come up with out of pocket.

The bondsman will PAY THE COURTS the entire 5 million dollars of his own money. Which will be returned to the bondsman if he shows up at every court date. The bondman than keeps the 10% that he took from JP in the beginning.

It's a big risk for a bondman but could also be a big reward ($500k is nothing to sneeze at).

A lot of bondsman are also bounty hunters. The whole thing is kinda shady in most states. But it's done and is possible. JP is a HUGE risk for a bondman but could also be a big reward ($500k is nothing to sneeze at).

Wisconsin has made for-profit bail bondsmen illegal. It is against the law. I'm not sure how they get around that. Loans include interest payments which would be profit.

Not sure that is how it's done in WI. Most are done by the count Sherrif's office with DNA collection kits. But some instances require alternative methods:

"Also police may end up doing their own DNA swabbing if an officer conducts a traffic stop and finds someone has a conviction requiring a DNA sample but has not submitted a sample."

Law starting April 1 expands DNA collection, offers 'new tool'
Brain is fried. So thank you for making me look again. I'll correct myself. An arrested felon can have the swab taken at arrest. It can be analyzed if the arrestee was arrested on warrant since that basically shows there is probable cause. If they weren't arrested on warrant the sample isn't analyzed until a probable cause hearing is held. Your right, any LEO can do a swab including probation officers. But there is strict policy and procedure that follows. I'll correct my post if not to late. If I used the word hearing that made it incorrect.

I do think he hoped she would fall for him and live happily ever after.. I wonder if that's why he didn't tie her up.. Not sure he had thought about long term if she didn't love him..

Ftr, we do not know that she was not restrained at times.

But yes I hear ya, seemed he wanted to play “house” in some sick way.

I doubt it.

Even though there tends to be an escalation of behavior that leads up to a crime like this, I don’t think he kidnapped anyone before.

He planned the crime well, but seemed to be winging it when it came to actually holding her captive.

Had he done this before, he would have had a proven system in place.

And you point out, he planned everything out except a way to keep Jayme contained. This would be priority 1, taken care of early on.

But you can't get credit for what you've done, unless someone knows what you've done.

It's almost like he wanted to get caught.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member