Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Touching on a few things,
Did someone at sometime show a pic af a maroon Taurus on here along with a cavalier as possible cars that they thought might resemble a “charger”? That would be a coincidence.
I don’t think anyone with their theories would have envisioned what we now know happened.
A lot of what happened I did figure on but I never would have imagined JP would single out a child that he saw get on a bus. So random.
I know we had the bus stop discussion also, albeit with a different scenario.
So wrong! So dumb!
This guy would have done this again, no doubt.

What gave me serious hair on the arm standing up tingles, JP said he saw James look out the picture window as he approached the door. James goes to the door and is it correct that he shot him through the small window first and then shot thru the door to get in??? That is 1000% cold hearted indifference. Terrifies me to think about it.

Just my opinion:Understandable LE were headed to the scene on 10/15..but I'll ask again..why were lone cars on the highway during the wee hours of the morning not stopped??? The events are in the past,but can't help think about poor Jayme in the trunk hearing sirens thinking help is on the way..LE are coming to help me..really hope mental health professional intervenes early on..#TEAMJAYME
It's understandable. There was a call placed to 911 with some noise and the word help. I've never heard of the police stopping vehicles they see on the way to a call. And as I read here earlier, had they shown up a minute earlier, JC may well have been shot too. Fortunately she's back with loved ones now.

This is the current law in Wisconsin: State law requires drivers traveling in the same direction and approaching an authorized emergency vehicle or roadside service vehicle, including a tow truck, that is displaying flashing lights and parked or standing on or within 12 feet of a roadway, to vacate the lane closest to the stationary vehicle, if safe to do so, or reduce speed. Also included in the law are utility vehicles and road maintenance vehicles. https://drivinglaws.aaa.com/tag/move-over-law
Here in Canada we are to STOP in both directions. Although, if it was same in the U.S., I doubt the vehicle in question would've been stopped anyways for disobeying the road rules as LE was busy heading to the 911 call. Unfortunately.
After 87 days of speculation, it ended up being that. It was a theory floated by a few on the early threads. Just shocked at the randomness.

$5 million bail ay? I realize it's too high for him to make but wouldn't you rather see no bail? I know I would.

I’m absolutely dumbfounded by the fact he would be able to be bailed out if he had the means. This case is absolutely heinous he should never be allowed out under any circumstances.

I apologise in advance if this has already been covered the thread is moving so fast. How long would a case like this take to go to trial in Wisconsin? I really hope for Jayme and her family’s sake it is not going to go on for several years.

I’m really interested in the possibility of other attempts or failed attempts. In the document released today, JTP indicated he had went to the Closs home two previous times, with the intent to carry out his plan. One time there were a lot of cars there. The other time lights were on and people were seen awake inside. Makes me wonder if he had others in his crosshairs...

Another thought that came to me as I was typing this. He didn’t pull off his crime until his 3rd attempt. Makes me wonder if this really was his first crime. He had to have things “perfect”. The family being awake was not in his script.

No answers, just a hmmm.
Great point. Does it seem odd to anyone else that he didn't seem overly concerned about being seen or heard by anyone ie cars passing, neighbors?

Here in Canada we are to STOP in both directions. Although, if it was same in the U.S., I doubt the vehicle in question would've been stopped anyways for disobeying the road rules as LE was busy heading to the 911 call. Unfortunately.

Right. They were headed towards an emergency situation (a situation they were unclear of). There would have been no reason for LE to have stopped the maroon car. A) they had other, pressing, matters at hand (to see what was wrong at the address that had called 911) and B) they didn't even know that a crime had been committed for sure, much less that they should be looking for fleeing vehicles. It's not against the law to be out driving after midnight.

The 911 call... they state that he would turn the music up real loud so she didn't know that he was gone. The fear she must have felt, even that day, to try and escape. What a incredibly strong girl.

It also makes you wonder how many times he turned up the music really loud and didn't leave, or would leave for just short periods of time to test if she would try to escape? I would almost guarantee that this happened multiple times each week. I am just grateful that the time she picked to escape that he was infact not in the home. And additionally that she was able to find the dog walker and get to safety before JTP found her. So many things had to go just right and i'm soo glad that they did! MOO BRAVE GIRL!!!!!

“20 seconds...”

Again, as mentioned in the last thread, all the different possibilities that could have occurred had they gotten there 20 seconds sooner...who knows who would have been dead, Jayme, the cops, JP, so many ways it could have all gone down...

It happened as it happened. But 20 seconds....man.
Jumping off your post to mention timing is everything.

While the timing of the response to the initial crime was quick, it wasn't quite quick enough.

JC's escape was the perfect timing, although I truly believe somebody was watching over her, for all the elements to be in place at the right time for a successful escape. Had the dog walker not been there, this could have had a tragic ending.

we have to teach our families about these psychopaths. or test kids for it in HS. no one recognized it in him - teachers, friends, classmates, etc. but they can be detected and they should be screened. This is the most chilling, horrifying case bc no one could have stopped him, unless he got intervention (or identification) for being highly antisocial as a teen.

So bizarre. He also said if the cop had pulled him over he would have shot him too. Scary dude, because I just can't think of him as a man. JMO

I’m afraid of this too, he didn’t appear very shameful in the appearance, moo.

But perhaps he will be ashamed of his sexual crimes, should they have occurred, which can often work as a motivator. (For example, Travis Forbes led LE to Kenia’s body under the condition that he not be labeled a sex offender in prison or something like that. IMO Chris Watts may have had some similar thoughts as well about not wanting certain things to come out in trial.)
I don't think he appeared ashamed at all. He seemed confident, maybe even proud. The way he nodded his head in acknowledgement made me feel like was eager to talk. I think he figures he is very clever. He told LE he would never have been caught if he hadn't made a mistake. As if everything else he did was brilliant and if he hadn't made that one little mistake he could have gone on outsmarting everyone forever. Imo

Great point. Does it seem odd to anyone else that he didn't seem overly concerned about being seen or heard by anyone ie cars passing, neighbors?

I think he was concerned. The charge document states he removed or disabled (sorry don’t remember exact verbiage) the dome light in his car. He also turned off headlights and engine and coasted down the driveway to the house.

A couple things I am doing differently - after reading the complaint - leaving lights on (I’ve had a few on after an intruder and LE told me at that time a well lit home at night outside is a big deterrent), if I hear noises I will not go to the door - will call 911- and hit the alarm button on the vehicle keys for cars in drive - thanks to JC and her courage - she is a survivor
That's good to know. I always felt like I was lighting the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson