Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would seem the only recourse of action is to sue. Her family is worried about enough right now. They're not going to use all their resources to sue people with good intentions that are just missing the mark by a long shot.

Being done with family's permission per Google. Money going to her fund.

I feel like he may have some petty criminal activity in his past, but I think this was his first "big" crime. I don't think he killed before, though I don't think this would have been his last.
I'm willing to bet all of us would agree that this would not have been his last murder and/or kidnapping. Whatever it was that drove him to this crime, would have compelled him to keep doing it.

Inspirational apparel with her name, using her as a "icon" for whatever cause someone is pushing, making statements about the identity she should take on, being a spokesperson for whatever, her name with a hashtag#, etc.
Be it positive or negative, Jayme and her story are a part of the current pop culture fabric of society. Fret not, though - apathy and short attention span will soon divert all this focus to the next horrific act in 3...2...1...

I was stating that it could be a lottery for the 2 DA's defending him. Yes, of course it is advertising if a private firm were to take his case, that's why they do it.
I don't know if these public defenders are private practice attorneys on contract or if they are staff public defenders. I haven't bothered to check.

I am wondering that too, about being televised. I believe that at some point they will move it out of Barron County for a trial and I have wondered if they will purposely move it to a location that does not allow cameras in the court room.

Assuming that the confession is admissible the case will never see a courtroom.

I don't personally care what label or diagnosis might be slapped onto him, or if one is at all. I was just referring to what was said in the article and going from there. I don't like speculating about what horrors may have befallen Jayme while in captivity, but I like to be part of a group convo. The article, and speculating about what kind of defense might be put forth, just offered a topic of conversation. I certainly didn't mean to imply that I thought his actions should be excused for any reason.

Of course you weren't.

It is all interesting. I don't think we will ever get answers that neatly explain this kind of atrocity but I think a big part of why we are all here is trying to understand the why.

It is possible that he has no idea of how to take care of anyone. Look at the house he is living in. Does junk piled in the house and junk cars in the yard exhibit understanding how to care for anyone? Disorganized.

I think he inherited the household and yard being in disarray. And did nothing about it. But he didn't create it. imo

Exactly. He did not learn about taking care of things in life.

BBM

I concur with everyone who states that this guy is a sociopath. And I know that parents shouldn't be blamed for the actions of children who commit heinous crimes.

Yet, when I read comments like this, I can't help but agree with them. This didn't just happen out of nowhere.

I'm side-eyeing JP's parents who say they never saw anything amiss with their kid. Love may be blind, but not to your offspring choosing to live in squalor. Unless that's your normal, as well.

Some enabling baloney going on here, in my non-professional opinion, and maybe some hereditary Hoarder level of junkiness, as well.

OTOH, who's to say that giving him responsibilities (clean up, get and keep a job) would have made any difference? Because sociopath.

moo

The whole T-shirt thing seems kind of weird to me, too. Don't tack on a 'product', just give her all the money. All of it. She's going to be saddled with a massive trauma for the rest of her life, at the very freaking least she should never have to worry about money again. Remove all financial barriers from that road to recovery down to the littlest pebble.

Last edited:
Healing question for those of you who have been in similar situation and/or work in some capacity in the psychological trauma field --

Jayme's family has stated they will let Jayme dictate (my word) when she is ready to talk. Is there any formal scientific research with respect to when professional help is started and its correlation to the healing process/outcome? Just curious if the sooner the better. I can see it both ways - immediate and also when the victim is ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18