Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is understandable to me WHY they didn’t pull JP over as they were on their way to an unknown disturbance at the Closs address.

However, the deputy had such a good recall of passing the Taurus, why didn’t they run a check on that model among all the other investigations being run? A major slip up?!

Remember JP had switched license plates so the plate number would have been useless if they had it.

IMO, not running a check on the Taurus is about the same as JP not planning on how he would keep Jayme after he abducted her. No one is perfect and these were each major failures on both sides.

Thank goodness Jayme had the strength, courage, and willpower to make an escape. She is the hero!
If only they had ran the plates. They could have tracked him down, and questioned him, as a witness at least.
I just don't understand why they didn't check it out further,and leave no stone unturned.

The Kidnapping of Jayme Closs: Charges Lay Out a Terrifying Story
The Story Unfolding About Jayme Closs and the Man Charged With Kidnapping Her and Killing Her Parents Is Only Getting More Incredible
Sun., Jan. 20, 2019 3:00 AM

“Most children who go missing, if they've been kidnapped by a predator, don't come back at all if they aren't found in the first 24 hours.”

Last edited:
I am floored. He snuck by because he was driving an everyday average car, not a Hot Rod.
For quite a while people were wondering if it could possibly e another car, but they were sure they were looking for a Challenger, and maybe an SUV.
WOW.
Not dogging LE here, I know they are probably kicking themselves in the behind over that right now.
No wonder he was able to get in,get out, and vanish so easily.
He blended in,rather than stick out like a sore thumb.
I don't even know how to feel finding this out.
The whole time they should have been looking for a Maroon Ford Taurus.

They wouldn't have pulled over any car though as they were racing to an unknown crime scene. They didn't know anyone had been abducted or what was going on.

I am interested, though, in why they didn't publicize the details of the vehicle the deputy later described.

The sheriff stated it was because it was dark and so he couldn't see many details. Which doesn't jibe with the report (which includes detail like trim).

But maybe he means they didn't publicize it because since it was dark, the information couldn't be reliable?

Someone mentioned that the vehicle described was so common that it would've led to vastly too many false leads. (Although isn't that the same with the black vehicles they told the public to look out for?)

The only thing I can think of is that they simply didn't want that info out there because they were steadily going through records looking at every maroon Ford Taurus and didn't want to tip off a possible perp?

They could've found it the right one but registered to a female so they discounted it.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just hopeful they didn't drop the ball on that.

“A week later, authorities released two more descriptions of vehicles of interest, a black Acura MDX or Ford Edge and a red or orange Dodge Challenger.

Deputies now know that they did see the car that Barron County prosecutors say carried Jayme away from her home that night; they passed right by it as they approached the Closses' house, according to court documents.

Since deputies didn't know the nature of the call they were responding to yet, they had no reason to pull that car over. Barron County Sheriff's Deputy Jon Fick later stated that he remembered passing a maroon vehicle that, to him, appeared to be an older model Ford Taurus, in the dark that night. It was the only car he observed coming from that direction.“

The Story Unfolding About Jayme Closs and the Man Charged With Kidnapping Her and Killing Her Parents Is Only Getting More Incredible
Sun., Jan. 20, 2019 3:00 AM

If only they had ran the plates. They could have tracked him down, and questioned him, as a witness at least.
I just don't understand why they didn't check it out further,and leave no stone unturned.

They were going too fast to get the plates. And we've talked a lot about this. They did not know what they were going to. Early on I believe they stated they thought it might be a suicide.

How could they possibly know two people had been murdered and a child abducted?

They had no reason to stop anyone.

If you're looking for a direct quote from Jayme, there isn't one AFAIK. It's reported in this article that she didn't know people were looking for her.

Back with family after escaping abductor, Jayme Closs 'is the hero'
During her brief stay in the K's home, Jayme was quiet, her emotions “pretty flat,” PK said Thursday night.

She didn’t realize anyone had been looking for her and was surprised the couple knew Patterson’s name. Jayme didn’t know who he was until after he abducted her, she told them.

(names changed to initials by me)
Yes, and Jayme did not mention ever hearing the news or anything but music playing in his room when he had someone at the house.
I think it's typical in kidnapping cases for the captor to ensure that the victim is not aware of the extent that people are searching for them. It's a method of control, a way to break their will so they are completely dependent on their captor.
Ariel Castro told Michelle Knight that everyone had stopped looking for her, that her mother didn't care about her and thought she was dead. Imo

And if they had a plate number, would they have known the plate didn’t match a Taurus? Would that have been a red flag? If LE had the plate number, was it reported as stolen? Could they then have gone down that trail-if they had where it was stolen from, and were there any nearby cameras, maybe, just maybe, the Taurus would have been part of the investigation in a bigger way.

Hindsight is 20/20. If the dog hadn’t barked, if Jayme wasn’t on the bus that day, if the monster had been a few minutes earlier or later that day he spotted her. Unfortunately, the past cannot be changed. Learn what you can from how everything played out for the next time. Prosecute, and get the best help involved so that Jayme going forward has the best possible tools so she can have as happy a life as she can with the past that she has endured.

The plates were stolen so I'm not sure how far they would have gotten. Maybe they tried. I'm not even sure if the dashboard camera would have captured the number on the plates since they were likely driving pretty fast. Imo

I think they were looking for the Taurus. They just didn't release that information. At the same time, they were looking for a Challenger and a Ford Edge or Acura MDX and asked for the public's assistance.
MOO
That makes a little sense. Since Jayme was in such danger. They wouldn't want to spook the perp,by letting on they are looking for a Maroon Ford Taurus, in fear he would kill her too.
I do have to wonder if they have his plates on dashcam though,and could have been led to her sooner.
It's all so baffling.

“A week later, authorities released two more descriptions of vehicles of interest, a black Acura MDX or Ford Edge and a red or orange Dodge Challenger.

Deputies now know that they did see the car that Barron County prosecutors say carried Jayme away from her home that night; they passed right by it as they approached the Closses' house, according to court documents.

Since deputies didn't know the nature of the call they were responding to yet, they had no reason to pull that car over. Barron County Sheriff's Deputy Jon Fick later stated that he remembered passing a maroon vehicle that, to him, appeared to be an older model Ford Taurus, in the dark that night. It was the only car he observed coming from that direction.“

The Taurus was big miss...gotta wonder if it wasn’t cause it headed towards town they didn’t think it was key.

If they had camera somewhere that caught charger going by closs home then coming back .... it’s likely Taurus isn’t on there going both ways and jake drove to house from another direction ?? Correct ??
So it just appears Taurus going to town.

If they do apb and photo of that Taurus dunno what jake does .... he might off jayme, bury the gun with her and might still not get caught...

I don’t know if cops release Taurus / mossberg shotgun / size 11 tactical boots if it would do any good....

Parents were only people he talked to that would know that, and they didn’t seem to see any flags ...

The plates were stolen so I'm not sure how far they would have gotten. Maybe they tried. I'm not even sure if the dashboard camera would have captured the number on the plates since they were likely driving pretty fast. Imo

Maybe the stolen plates came off the black car of this type... and maybe that’s why they asked the public to look for that car type rather than the Taurus.

I still think they definitely knew exactly what they were doing with not putting the Taurus out there for the public. This guys a lunatic mind, they know this.

Only the back plate was stolen. So the front plate would be a match.
But maybe it would have been to blurry to see anyway.

They were going too fast to get the plates. And we've talked a lot about this. They did not know what they were going to. Early on I believe they stated they thought it might be a suicide.

How could they possibly know two people had been murdered and a child abducted?

They had no reason to stop anyone.
They could look into it further, make model,plates etc. Leave no stone unturned. No vehicle above suspicion.

There was no front plate - that's part 1 of the problem. Add to that the one on the back was stolen and more than likely, the the back plate wasn't captured on dashcam video.

"There was no front license plate, but there was a black bracket on the front bumper."
Jake Patterson targeted Jayme Closs after seeing her board school bus, complaint says
MOO

As mentioned in the Criminal Complaint, JP had removed the front License Plate. Only the bracket remained.

ETA: "Prior to arriving at the Closs home, the defendant stated he stopped on a side road somewhere east of Barron and removed both the front and rear license plate from his car which he described as an older red colored Ford Taurus, and placed the stolen license plate on the rear of his car."

Maybe the stolen plates came off the black car of this type... and maybe that’s why they asked the public to look for that car type rather than the Taurus.

I still think they definitely knew exactly what they were doing with not putting the Taurus out there for the public. This guys a lunatic mind, they know this.
Cameras captured surveillance video of two vehicles that were in the area around the time of the shooting at the Closs home in Barron, Wisconsin last week. Jayme Closs, 13, has been missing for a week.
Two vehicles of interest in Jayme Closs investigation

JAN 19, 2019
Evil Jayme Closs Suspect Kidnapper Jake Patterson Obsessed With His Crimes
Evil Jayme Closs' suspect kidnapper Jake Patterson was a narcissist who was obsessed with following the bizarre crime via news and social media outlets.

“He followed one group in particular very closely. The group is operated by BADmins, and they are known for having a large following of crime buffs from around the world who share theories.”

“He was very intrigued by the BADmins group from his online history,” the source close to the investigation revealed. “He was on it at least twice per day – logging in once in the morning and once at night.”

The source noted that the suspect also monitored RadarOnline.com, DailyMail, CNN, Reddit and even tuned into ‘All Rise’ with Dylan Howard on Nov. 16 when Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald appeared on the show.

The self-confessed criminal also followed local television coverage and scoured the internet to learn new facts.

Twisted Patterson ‘Googled’ terms such as “Jayme Closs, “Jayme Closs Suspect”, “Barron County” and used social media to search for keywords including “Closs” and “Patterson” in related searches.

Other key words searched included; “Jayme Gordon”, “Jayme Closs Gordon” and “Gordon”, “FBI” and “Kyle Jaenke-Annis.”

Wait a minute, whaaaat? I’m just seeing this in the media thread!!!! Sorry I must have missed this whole discussion!

I thought he wasn’t on the internet?
“Online history”? What “online history”?! Okay I’m freaking out here.

Ok this is a big development, moo and important for various reasons. I know RO is a sleazy source but again like their recent comment in Abby’s and Libby’s case re: a quote from Leazenby I’m wondering if they really do get information sometimes..

I haven’t even heard of that other group—-if he found that group then surely he found this one? :eek:

Sorry for rehash!

Last edited:
They could look into it further, make model,plates etc. Leave no stone unturned. No vehicle above suspicion.
The problem was the description was so vague. He said it "looked like" an older car, " like" a Ford Taurus, maybe dark red. Do a lot of cars look similar to that? I'm not good with distinguishing between types of vehicles. Are there other cars that look similar? I don't know what a Taurus looks like.

If you're looking for a direct quote from Jayme, there isn't one AFAIK. It's reported in this article that she didn't know people were looking for her.

Back with family after escaping abductor, Jayme Closs 'is the hero'
During her brief stay in the K's home, Jayme was quiet, her emotions “pretty flat,” PK said Thursday night.

She didn’t realize anyone had been looking for her and was surprised the couple knew Patterson’s name. Jayme didn’t know who he was until after he abducted her, she told them.

(names changed to initials by me)

Thanks for the link! I cannot read anything at the paper as I used up my free options a long time ago. Getting rid of my history is a nightmare because of reentering passwords.

So this answers the question I think lots of us had. She had not heard the news about herself. She heard no radio amd saw no television about herself.

But what is the comment that she was surprised they knew Patterson’s name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mattoc907