Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, maybe it's the fact that he had no prior violence in his life or crimes or....anything whatsoever, that makes he think he did this one huge atrocity just to see if he could feel something. And I bet he didn't. If it turns out he has a history of rape or assault or hatred of women
or pedophile tendencies or burglary or anything that looks like an escalation, I'll feel differently. But as it is, I don't know. He seems very unusual in that respect.

ITA Julia... IMOO, it seems as if he acted out some fantasy, and in the end, it was a complete letdown from whatever he thought he might feel. Additionally, he seems to be quite lazy (no job, quitting jobs after a day or two etc.)... it was a lot of work to keep JC captive. Didn't he tell her that he was going to be gone for several hours, and then that was when she escaped? Why would he tell her his comings and goings... if she had an inkling that she could escape, and thank God she did, wouldn't he have been extremely concerned about that? Or was he just tired of all the work for his fantasy that turned out to be nothing as far as creating any feelings or satisfaction? JMO. MOO.

ITA Julia... IMOO, it seems as if he acted out some fantasy, and in the end, it was a complete letdown from whatever he thought he might feel. Additionally, he seems to be quite lazy (no job, quitting jobs after a day or two etc.)... it was a lot of work to keep JC captive. Didn't he tell her that he was going to be gone for several hours, and then that was when she escaped? Why would he tell her his comings and goings... if she had an inkling that she could escape, and thank God she did, wouldn't he have been extremely concerned about that? Or was he just tired of all the work for his fantasy that turned out to be nothing as far as creating any feelings or satisfaction? JMO. MOO.

Yup. Exactly. I think it became dull and boring. Like work, not something he's great at as we know.

I think, JC's behavior - quiet and relaxed - has saved her life first, IMO. Maybe, she indeed was that girl, what JP had wanted to find and he recognized her type of a teenager at the bus stop within seconds. Maybe he "knew", he would get along with her over some indefinite time. Maybe, he felt, she could become a soulmate for him. A threat one day, a threat another day, some beating with the cleaning tool for being disobedient - and JC was "steerable", so he noticed. Perhaps he even thought, she would voluntarily follow his household rules. That's why he dared to leave her alone for a few hours, possibly. - IMO MOO

I have now devised an escape plan from my bathroom and would use DC example of opening the drawer to block the door from being opened. It's quite effective and gives a minute or two to open the window and escape. Thank you DC and JC - I hope never to use this knowledge.
There are also many "door jammers" available online that aren't too pricey.
It would buy you a little more time to get away.
I refuse to hide from anyone in my home, but I too have figured out a way that I would handle a home invasion like that.
Not going near the windows or the door is the first part!
Luckily the way my house is designed, I have a clear shot at every point of entry from my bedroom door.

The case has probably made a lot of people rethink their opinions on trying to stay secure.
I have even thought about Booby trapping the front door at night! Lol
Moo

I don’t think there is anyway he could get tape off a roll with gloves. Finding the end is an all day task whoch takes fine motor skills

I use a paper clip after I cut a piece of any kind of tape, just put it on the sticky side of the tape and viola no more struggling to find where I stopped using it. ;)

Last edited:
I use a paper clip after I cut a piece of any kind of tape, just put it on the side of the roll and viola no more struggling to find where I stopped using it. ;)
I think the fact he mentioned the tape being folded flat has some significance. If his tear was always at the fold, he would have an edge to grab and pull tape from. He taped her mouth, her hands and her legs. Only 3 tears were necessary. I think I could do that.

I think the fact he mentioned the tape being folded flat has some significance. If his tear was always at the fold, he would have an edge to grab and pull tape from. He taped her mouth, her hands and her legs. Only 3 tears were necessary. I think I could do that.

I wonder if he was carrying what is known as Redi-tape? It comes in pocket packs that are flat, but he said gorilla tape and I don't know if they make it in flat packs.. unless of course he made some pocket packs, nah.. too lazy IMO.

I wonder if he was carrying what is known as Redi-tape? It comes in pocket packs that are flat, but he said gorilla tape and I don't know if they make it in flat packs.. unless of course he made some pocket packs, nah.. too lazy IMO.
I thought of that too. He already had the strips. Just strange he made a point of saying 'folded'. Probably nothing.

I use a paper clip after I cut a piece of any kind of tape, just put it on the sticky side of the tape and viola no more struggling to find where I stopped using it. ;)

From the Complaint, pg 9/12 -- JP's version of the tape:

The defendant stated he pulled out a flattened partial roll of black colored Gorilla brand duct tape, handed it to Denise, and told her to place the tape over J.L.C.’s mouth. The defendant stated Denise was struggling to do that and he set the shotgun down on the bathroom sink. The defendant stated he took the tape from Denise and wrapped tape around J.L.C.’s mouth, and completely around her head. The defendant stated he then had J.L.C. stand up where he then took tape and placed it around her wrists, with her palms together to restrain her hands and arms. The defendant stated he then took the tape and wrapped it around J.L.C.’s ankles. The defendant stated he then removed J.L.C. from the bathtub...

I interpreted this as a survivalist thing. Backpackers do this. You just make smaller, flat rolls, pre-cut or not, to have on hand for makeshift emergency repairs or injury protection. It’s easier to carry for quick storage & access. IMO he precut these if he was able to work with the tape with gloves on. Otherwise you’d have to get the tear started with your teeth & he was very cognizant of evidence, so precut, I’m betting.

Wow! Your poor parents! Their realtor misled them. Here's how I like to play it.......when in doubt, disclose.
Yeah they insisted it be but the company said It wasn’t required. More trouble then It’s worth. I remember all the disputes about it at the time. The realtor said it would be if asked yadda yadda. But it was simply a sue happy couple they admitted nothing was wrong they were happy with the house. My parents were in panic mode waiting for it to go to court thinking they were going to lose everything. The couple was offered 30% over the value of the house to just sell it back to the realtor company they refused they wanted the house. But in the end my parents were dismissed from the suit since that’s why they hired the company rather then do a private sale. But it was a couple years of mental agony for them waiting. With this being a world wide realtor company you would think this kind of mistake wouldn’t of happened. But people can be greedy and sue happy. I hate that they got to keep the house and for Scott free.

I don’t think I could live in a house with a murder history of even a death. Even though I’m sure lots of houses have history’s we don’t know about. But I’ve watched to many horror movies I think. Although I can’t even handle buying clothes at like goodwill I always wonder what if someone died in the it. A natural death etc and I just can’t buy used so maybe I’m just over all weird.

I can’t even fathom Jayme wanting to ever visit The house. I don’t like to see houses I used to live in though it depresses me to see someone else there even though I choose to move. Actually only lived in 4 houses in my live. The house my children were brought home to was demolished due to hidden sink holes wells . The city bought all those homes and put up landscape and it’s all gated. I can’t go near the neighborhood it’s depressing. It’s also true that when they do demolish houses / homes after a year or so you have a very hard time even spotting the exact location . So demolishing it might be the best . Although you get a feeling of sadness that it’s like your past or the 20 or so years you spent there never happened. Nothing tangible to prove it. But if a tragedy happened maybe that’s for the best.

She can remember the good time they had there . By memory Rather then going back to visit it now and what’s fresh in her mind is what happened last time you were there. I’m not finding the exact words to explain sorry. It’s totally up to her imo since everyone reacts different so I can’t judge someone who feels different.

The Daily Mail has once again altered the story with this business of Jayme being kept in the basement under JP's house. I never trust any article by them to be truthful.
I don’t get why the media keep running with house of horrors and being kept in a basement. I haven’t read all the police reports but I don’t recall JP or JC ever saying anything about the basement. Did I miss it? She possibly never even saw the basement. It’s not like if it was in the basement it makes the crimes any
Worse being held against your will is bad enough period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay