Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's getting a kick out of his notoriety!
He's not ashamed but proud of himself!
OMG!
jmo

Ok it appears that must be what I saw then. I guess it was him smiling at this dad.

Well, he doesn't need to be smiling!!!!

(Oh that made my blood pressure rise!!!!)

(I don’t want to see a single smile out of him!!!! I don’t care who’s in the court room!!!

(Blood boiling)

Yep.

Sitting on my hands with my hopes for what happens to him in prison! ('nuff said.)

Ok. Seems maybe I got all worked up for nothing (embarrassed). Sorry for :drama:

(This is what happens when a half blind person goes in with a giraffe mask ready to throw stones.)

My apologies for the misinterpretation!

Don't be embarrassed.

I keep thinking of the words he said to the officer who arrested him--"I did it".

IMVHO, he may be scared, but I believe he is proud of what he did to Jayme and her parents.

RBBM

The sooner the better.

Wonder if he's been bragging about the entire sordid crime to cellmates. I wouldn't put it past him if he did. If so, I'm hoping he was talking to an informant - the way Brendt Christensen was talking to an informant about YingYing Zhang.

ETA: @margarita25 and @kkdj , didn't see your posts right away. We're all on the same page, believe me!!!
I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if he was bragging about it to people in jail.

He would not brag about what went on in his house though.

That’s partially why I anticipate a plea here, as that aspect will make him look like the creepy weirdo he is.

Video with no new information, but a wee bit of footage from inside the courthouse that I hadn't seen.

Angelica Sanchez on Twitter
UPDATE: Here’s a breakdown on what happened inside a very packed Barron County courtroom for suspect 21-year-old #JakePatterson he is the man accused of kidnapping #JaymeCloss and killing her parents. @fox6now

It shouldn't shock anyone if he was smirking today. I imagine those who plan to watch him as this proceeds should get prepared for more of it when the trial starts.

He was probably bored stiff since he knew he'd have to sit there for a few minutes.

Imo, he is not the least bit scared. He's very typical when it comes to remorseless violent criminals like him, and their flat affect behavior while in court.

I do believe he will plea NG and opt for a trial that IMO, he hopes will be quite lengthy. This way he can sit there day after day reliving his unimaginable cold blooded acts.

He will be able to look at the destruction HE caused to Jim, and Denise as the crime scene, and autopsy photos are shown.

He will admire his work, and feel proud of what he was capable of doing, and how quickly he was able to obliterate two very good and loving parents.

He will be thinking back to how much fear he saw in Denise's eyes, and how powerful it made him feel before he callously ended her beautiful life, and the paralyzing fear he saw in Jayme.

Imo, he is no more scared as the night he burst through the door of their home murdering two innocent souls, and kidnapping another innocent soul for 88 agonizing hellish days.

Imo, he will enjoy every single moment knowing he is the center of attention and the one who caused all of it.

He is a loser, and total misfit who most never noticed nor cared to know.

This is the only way he could get the attention he thought he was entitled to have from everyone. Only by murdering, and forcing Jayme to be with him did he finally get what he felt he was entitled to have all along.

Now, everyone knows his name. Now, he is the center of attention, and finally noticed.

If what his ex girlfriend's said is true, and I have no reason to doubt any of it, it shows how abnormal he was even then and prone to solve thing by acting out violently.

Most young males or females don't go to the extreme degree he did when someone no longer wants to be with them. Imo, it shows he was a loose cannon before he did this.

Imo, he knew then there wouldn't be many at all that wanted any kind of relationship with him.

He couldn't accept the thought it may be him that was the real problem. Nevermind he never had a job for more than a day or two, and lied, and purposefully embellished his work history. Nope, I'm sure he thought it was all the girls fault why they wanted nothing to do with him.

Imo, he is always the type to place blame on everyone else rather than admitting he was the one that needed to clean up his own act.

The way, and how quickly he wanted to confess to all he did to the three victims shows he is very proud of his deeds, and being able to do it all, and still not get caught for 88 days afterwards.

He is as bad as they come, and even far worse than others who dont go to the same violent extremes in order to kidnap a young child that if she had been given a choice would never in a million years ever want to be with him.

He knew the only way any girl would be around him for any length of time is for him to take them by brute force, commit murder first, and then by using a deadly weapon in the kidnapping itself.

Imo he is totally disgusting, and pure evil. That is why I do not read any of the news articles about him anymore knowing they will have a photo of this monster.

If it goes to trial I will have to look away if they pan over to the defense table.

Every time I just think about what all he did to such a beautiful family I'm livid all over again.

Imo

@oceanblueeyes : You've expressed this perfectly. Thank you for that.

Off to do the treadmill to get my blood pressure down!! Got scolded by Better Half for reading "creepy" true-crime stuff!

I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if he was bragging about it to people in jail.

He would not brag about what went on in his house though.

That’s partially why I anticipate a plea here, as that aspect will make him look like the creepy weirdo he is.
Yes but criminal complaint only focuses on murder & kidnapping charges. Other charges specifically not filed “to help a young victim heal privately” (paraphrasing). So if prosecution doesn’t reference the time in captivity... defense won’t touch it. So I’m thinking he may want the trial for the notoriety of it. I really wonder what his attorneys are recommending!

If he has counsel because he is indigent, they may not want to rack up unnecessary attorney fees IMO. I can't recall if he was afforded an attorney or if someone in his family is paying?

I am pretty sure so far he has appointed public defenders. With no income, he would qualify. They also have to give him attorneys that have some expertise in such cases so he cannot claim inadequate representation--meaning they cannot just for instance give him attorneys that have only defended petty crimes. That is how I understand it.

I do not think they can influence him to save the State money either, he is entitled to a trial and all it entails if he wants it.

In my opinion, to the best of my understanding.

Yes but criminal complaint only focuses on murder & kidnapping charges. Other charges specifically not filed “to help a young victim heal privately” (paraphrasing). So if prosecution doesn’t reference the time in captivity... defense won’t touch it. So I’m thinking he may want the trial for the notoriety of it. I really wonder what his attorney’s are recommending!
There is absolutely zero doubt that his attorneys will encourage him to take a plea, as his guilt is not in question.

Ultimately, it is up to him though.

You do make an excellent point in regards to that particular aspect being kept out of it (what went on in his house).

We’ll see what he decides.

I think waive preliminary is saying there’s enough for trial... I gotta think dad and brother aren’t stupid ...will tell him to plead guilty or were done... you’d hope..

Yes, it is admitting there is enough for a trial, I agree. Still though it is often used to try to see how for instance an investigator does on the stand, what the State has (to a point), to ask their own questions, etc., so I am still a bit surprised they waived it.

Yes, it is admitting there is enough for a trial, I agree. Still though it is often used to try to see how for instance an investigator does on the stand, what the State has (to a point), to ask their own questions, etc., so I am still a bit surprised they waived it.
I have a feeling JP wants to go to trial. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes the stand too. He's Rambo don't ya know?

@oceanblueeyes : You've expressed this perfectly. Thank you for that.

Off to do the treadmill to get my blood pressure down!! Got scolded by Better Half for reading "creepy" true-crime stuff!
Hah! I'm with you friend, sometimes these cases can get emotional, especially this random, terrible nightmare on the Closs family that left Jayme without a Mom & Dad. I get it.

There is absolutely zero doubt that his attorneys will encourage him to take a plea, as his guilt is not in question.

Ultimately, it is up to him though.

You do make an excellent point in regards to that particular aspect being kept out of it (what went on in his house).

We’ll see what he decides.
I admit I am completely undecided on this one MG. I really can't get a good read on JP. He's a coward in a wanna be, tough guy persona IMO.

I would think/hope he'd plea out, he's already admitted guilt, but like you said I guess we'll have to see. <congrats on SB win again btw> :p

Don't be embarrassed.

I keep thinking of the words he said to the officer who arrested him--"I did it".

IMVHO, he may be scared, but I believe he is proud of what he did to Jayme and her parents.

I guess we cannot know for sure and it is just judging and guessing on my part but I do not see him as scared. Even the moving around in the chair, I almost found to be a lack of respect for the proceeding (but I am judging). If scared, I would have expected his voice to quaver and no way, no how, not even close. And while at first I thought his smiles on the way in and out towards his family may have been an awkwardness and not realizing it looked smirky, but after watching more than once, I felt after the hearing, his smirk seemed to increase any time a Barron County deputy was close to him. I AM judging and maybe unfairly but that is my interpretation at the moment--a way without being entirely obvious of smirking almost as if saying you did not catch me and in fact drove right by me, like a superior attitude...

Unfair judgment with no real reason for me to think this? Probably but it is how I choose to interpret it at the moment. Not like he gave the Closses any chances so I am not going to give him the benefit of the doubt....

I only got a quick look (busy day!) but I read his expressions as somewhat surprise his family was there/relief to see a familiar face, and maybe even a little bit of an awkward act to try to look less uncomfortable than he really is. He seemed nervous when he was sitting, but confident when he was able to see his family. Maybe a little bit of a show that either A) they don't need to worry, he's doing fine. Or B) a little embarrassed to let his fear show, so he's going to act completely in the opposite direction. Either way, I have a feeling his attorneys will tell him to dial that down a notch or two.

Please no rotten tomatoes as I am not making a political statement or morality statement about the sanctity of life here.

This is a case in which, if the state trying him had the death penalty, we likely would see him plead guilty before trial to get life sentences to avoid the DP. He's already pleaded guilty and given his side of the details of the crimes.

Not that the DP would ever be used, but because it IS leverage to avoid a lengthy and likely very difficult trial for the Closs family. And would save Wisconsin so much money since he's already pleaded guilty.

Respectfully, IMO. :cool:

I have a feeling JP wants to go to trial. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes the stand too. He's Rambo don't ya know?

I think so too. I think he may be advised otherwise but I just cannot see him doing this for many reasons but the sheer shock effect and need to be known (with regard to the murders particularly, he may have had of course other reasons for taking Jayme). He did not do this to go silently to prison at 21 and never be heard from again (or heard OF again in his own mind). I agree totally.

I think waive preliminary is saying there’s enough for trial... I gotta think dad and brother aren’t stupid ...will tell him to plead guilty or were done... you’d hope..

It shouldn't shock anyone if he was smirking today. I imagine those who plan to watch him as this proceeds should get prepared for more of it when the trial starts.

He was probably bored stiff since he knew he'd have to sit there for a few minutes.

Imo, he is not the least bit scared. He's very typical when it comes to remorseless violent criminals like him, and their flat affect behavior while in court.

I do believe he will plea NG and opt for a trial that IMO, he hopes will be quite lengthy. This way he can sit there day after day reliving his unimaginable cold blooded acts.

He will be able to look at the destruction HE caused to Jim, and Denise as the crime scene, and autopsy photos are shown.

He will admire his work, and feel proud of what he was capable of doing, and how quickly he was able to obliterate two very good and loving parents.

He will be thinking back to how much fear he saw in Denise's eyes, and how powerful it made him feel before he callously ended her beautiful life, and the paralyzing fear he saw in Jayme.

Imo, he is no more scared as the night he burst through the door of their home murdering two innocent souls, and kidnapping another innocent soul for 88 agonizing hellish days.

Imo, he will enjoy every single moment knowing he is the center of attention and the one who caused all of it.

He is a loser, and total misfit who most never noticed nor cared to know.

This is the only way he could get the attention he thought he was entitled to have from everyone. Only by murdering, and forcing Jayme to be with him did he finally get what he felt he was entitled to have all along.

Now, everyone knows his name. Now, he is the center of attention, and finally noticed.

If what his ex girlfriend's said is true, and I have no reason to doubt any of it, it shows how abnormal he was even then and prone to solve thing by acting out violently.

Most young males or females don't go to the extreme degree he did when someone no longer wants to be with them. Imo, it shows he was a loose cannon before he did this.

Imo, he knew then there wouldn't be many at all that wanted any kind of relationship with him.

He couldn't accept the thought it may be him that was the real problem. Nevermind he never had a job for more than a day or two, and lied, and purposefully embellished his work history. Nope, I'm sure he thought it was all the girls fault why they wanted nothing to do with him.

Imo, he is always the type to place blame on everyone else rather than admitting he was the one that needed to clean up his own act.

The way, and how quickly he wanted to confess to all he did to the three victims shows he is very proud of his deeds, and being able to do it all, and still not get caught for 88 days afterwards.

He is as bad as they come, and even far worse than others who dont go to the same violent extremes in order to kidnap a young child that if she had been given a choice would never in a million years ever want to be with him.

He knew the only way any girl would be around him for any length of time is for him to take them by brute force, commit murder first, and then by using a deadly weapon in the kidnapping itself.

Imo he is totally disgusting, and pure evil. That is why I do not read any of the news articles about him anymore knowing they will have a photo of this monster.

If it goes to trial I will have to look away if they pan over to the defense table.

Every time I just think about what all he did to such a beautiful family I'm livid all over again.

Imo

Yeah. His lawyers and family will encourage him to take a plea.

I do think he will.

So many more of you I could quote... Just curious, since WI has no death penalty, what could the state offer to get JP to plead? I’d love for him to plead. But, I tend to agree with Oceanblueeyes here. I think he wants a trial. MOO and I hope I am proven wrong!

So many more of you I could quote... Just curious, since WI has no death penalty, what could the state offer to get JP to plead? I’d love for him to plead. But, I tend to agree with Oceanblueeyes here. I think he wants a trial. MOO and I hope I am proven wrong!
They don’t have much leverage, that’s for sure.

He’ll still get his chance to speak at sentencing, and sometimes that is enough.

He’s proud of what he did, because he has very low self esteem. This is all he has to hold on to.

Taking the stand could hurt his image, as he would basically be naked in front of immense scrutiny.

I think this could be enough to push him towards a plea, especially in an effort to save face in front of his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18