AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a few google searches and read several car forum posts about Dodge Challengers backfiring upon quick acceleration. Just an interesting thing to note. Perhaps the neighbors really did hear a car backfire.
Here are some youtube videos on the Dodge Challenger exhaust/backfire:

BACKFIRE BATTLE: Lamborghini vs Dodge Challenger
Dodge chalenger [sic] loud exhaust and backfire compilation 2017

Barron community holds on to hope as Jayme Closs remains missing
Fox 9 asked next door neighbor, JS, who heard the two gunshots go off last week, if the two car descriptions looked familiar. “This one I’ve seen something like it, but I’ve never seen it out here I’ve think I’ve seen it in town.”

JS also says it is a 24/7 operation over at the Closs family home. She says investigators have not stopped taking stuff out for evidence. Even her home was searched.

“FBI was here twice, a couple of days apart—the first time they were here they asked questions—and then they went through the entire house,” said JS. “TS went downstairs with them—and they went through everything—looking through every closet to check even looking down underneath in the closet.”

Throughout the day, authorities have been flying this chopper extremely low above the Closs home on Highway 8 in Barron and the surrounding areas. The chopper is looking for Jayme, clues and also mapping grids to help with upcoming ground searches.

Hi, not totally caught up in this thread yet. Can you provide a link to this? Thank you!

In the 911 logs - they reference two names being told to leave at around 2am. On the forum it was mentioned that one of the people told to leave was related. I can’t help but think they may have received a call either prior to or after 911 call. Purely speculating but would add additional dynamic to timeline.

The "Stingray" system is used for something similar to this. Lots of information in the Missy Bevers thread about how it works.

We always hear about a victim's cellphone that pings off a cell tower or two or three and being able to triangulate a location off of the pings.

So, I am sitting here thinking about this a little differently. Since you do not have to be talking on the phone for it to ping a tower, it just needs to be turned on. I may be incorrect here but it is my belief that some cellphones do not have to be turned on as long as the battery is charged and in the cellphone and it will still ping a tower.

Since the cellphones, towers, usage, billing, etc. are all computer recorded, I am thinking that if you have a window in time in which the crime took place, identify the three cell towers nearest to the crime scene as well as their identifiers and all the cellphone numbers pinging these three towers in your window of time that the crime took place extending each end of the time window by xx minutes, hours or whatever you decide. You would now have a cellphone number list of cellphones that were in the area during the time in which the crime was being committed. You will able to see if it was moving or stationary and triangulate the locations closest to the crime scene.

Using the cellphone number list and looking up the phone numbers you have a list that has names & addresses available through business records. Using those names you can check with the DMV and get vehicle descriptions and license plate into.

Is this currently being done? I suspect it is not or they would likely have a person of interest in custody using this methodology.

How close to 14 is Jayme? If she’s a young 13, I don’t think she’d have such a “passionate” relationship to the point of the boyfriend feeling the need to kill the parents. Now if it hypothetically speaking it’s an older male- an adult - then I could see that happening. But i can’t see her knowingly participating in such a relationship. Thirteen is still really young. 14 or 15 I can see a girl getting in over her head like that but not 13. Maybe I’m splitting hairs though. I just don’t at this point think she involved in a relationship of that sort.

She just became 13 two - three month prior. Still very much young child :(.

:(
Looks like Denise had a little boy who passed away. Must have been before James and she were married.

Obituary for James and Denise Closs at Rausch & Steel Funeral Home

I cannot express how sad this makes me. Not sure what to make of them going forward with the funeral with JC still missing. There's no timing issue for burial with Catholics but I'm sure this family is suffering and there can be great comfort in the ritual of the funeral mass. God bless them while they deal with this nightmare.

Jmo.

I hear shots daily, but if I hear them in the middle of the night I don't think hunting.
Up here, unfortunately, we do hear them at all hours of the night and early morning during hunting season. When I first moved up here, I have to tell you, it was quite unnerving, especially when hubby had overnight business trips to attend and you'd hear a shot or two that would wake you up in the middle of the night. Now, we're used to them. It doesn't happen every day or night, but during this time of year, more often than in winter months. Summer can be crazy around here,too. Even single fireworks can sound like gun shots, and those go off from spring til fall, and on New Years up here, too.

In the 911 logs - they reference two names being told to leave at around 2am. On the forum it was mentioned that one of the people told to leave was related. I can’t help but think they may have received a call either prior to or after 911 call. Purely speculating but would add additional dynamic to timeline.
My guess is that someone informed family members of the police presence at their relative’s house. It’s a small town, police activity is going to draw attention.

Thank you!

My guess is that someone informed family members of the police presence at their relative’s house. It’s a small town, police activity is going to draw attention.

Definitely could be! I’m just wondering if they received hang ups as well from inside home and maybe not thought much of it. Then also later heard from someone that there were police at relatives home and got in the car after putting two together.

oops MIS TYPE- I find it very curious that the family has not spoken out and when the sheriff was asked he said they just want her home.

13 yrs is old enough to begin having crushes and infatuations with boys. Nothing serious, but with the world today it could be easy to see how a young girl is taken advantage of. The 2000 person search is very unique. I wonder if this is because they think they can flush someone out of a cabin or a hunting tent.

The sheriff says this is at the request of the FBI. Usually, they would not want a lay person to come across a violent situation, or tamper with evidence.

The gap in the time of the first shot fired and the length of time in the house and yelling on the 911 call there is a part of this story LE is aware of and not telling.

Let's pray they come across this young lady tomorrow. Safe
According to the PC today it was stated the family has agreed to do their communication through the sheriff which I think is an excellent idea. Having one focal point then every one is on the same page as to what gets communicated.

The stereotypical meth head is a gaunt, sunken-faced, rotten-toothed, pasty-faced, crack-lipped, oily-haired, incessant skin scratcher whether he or she is 18 or 80, whether he or she has a criminal history or not, or whether he or she used to have money (because rest assured, he doesn't any more!). In any case, it is a safe bet that he or she won't be cruising around in a (minimum) $20k car.

JMO.

Not really sure if it’s a meth head or not, but those cars can be bought for $10k or less depending on the number of miles on it. <modsnip - off topic addiction discussion>

Last edited by a moderator:
That they are related is erroneous.

Definitely could be! I’m just wondering if they received hang ups as well from inside home and maybe not thought much of it. Then also later heard from someone that there were police at relatives home and got in the car after putting two together.
I think that the family was lucky to even get one call off, and it apparently went to 911.

If someone is trying to murder you, you call police. I suppose it’s possible that a call went out to someone else prior to that, but I personally think its very unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman