AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Challenger has to be just a potential witness and nothing more surely? You'd have to be an absolute moron to go and do a home invasion/abduction in an orange car that sticks out like a sore thumb. They're also very loud compared to normal cars. My boss drives a similar sort of thing and if he parks near the doors you can feel the vibration inside the building when he starts it up in the car park.

As for the Daily Mail they should be ignored completely. As someone in the UK I'm well aware of what a joke they are and they're the most dishonest paper in the entire country as per upheld complaints by the press regulator in regards to reporting inaccuracies and lies.

I guess an American comparison would be something like Fox News, where they just literally make things up to suit their agenda.
And yet both Fox News and Daily Mail proved more reliable in the Mollie Tibbetts case than the other outlets.

Poster on last thread who said the father was alive and let the police in. NG podcast also discusses the same info

Dave Max at 3:30 on recording. "As you said, it looks like Jayme's father answered the door and allowed police in before he died from his gun shot wounds."

911 call: They know Denise is barricaded in the bathroom and maybe, they possibly heard the last moments of her life.

Crime Stories with Nancy Grace New Details JC (Not sure if info is credible)
NG lost a lot of credibility in my eyes when one of her guests made erroneous statements about Maddox Ritch's case. Apparently no one, NG, her expert guests or anyone on production bothered to fact check information that even a quick Google search would have clarified.

IMO what Tricia said about Radar also applies to NG. There was a time when we could count on her for accurate reporting but it seems she and her crew have become sloppy. MOO.

I'm very optimistic at this new info from the presser and the planned search with 2000 volunteers. They have video of these vehicles in the area. They may not know the perp yet but it's hardly "nothing" IMO. In YingYing Zhang's case in Illinois her abductor drove a certain model car and it had a defect in one of the hubcabs that could be seen on video. Police released the vehicle info and got tips leading to her killer. In Mollie Tibbet's case they narrowed down the car from video as well and IIRC it had some specialized chrome handles or something to make it distinctive. My point of these examples is even though they only released these car models and asked for tips, police may have additional info about the cars that will help them narrow down the tips as they come in. Maybe one has a dent or specialty hubcabs or something. Police know exactly where these vehicles were seen on video and their direction of travel-- info which they did not release. When they investigate owners of these models of vehicles they will be able to tell if it is the person they are looking for. This revelation that they have video and cars of interest is potentially huge. JMO.

#BringJaymeHome

Last edited:
I dont believe we can rule any age out based on the car they may drive.

JED in a blog that belonged to him which was uncovered by investigators said many like him drive red vehicles when cruising the backroads and main highways.

Maybe they do this because most think all pedos..drive white vans?

If they are bold enough to do what he did then they sure are bold enough to drive a red or orange vehicle.

Jmo

Last edited:
Would someone be so dumb to sell the vehicle online they used in a crime ? Especially so close by?
Prob not. But Brandon scott Lavergne, who took and killed Mickey Shunick, burned his truck then filed an insurance claim to buy another truck. Law enforcement searched insurance claims and sure enough, he had filed one. Also helpful was the girl at the dealership noticing his sliced up hand and arm and that he had tried to confer up sex offender in his license

In the briefing today, the sheriff indicated that he wants information on the vehicles for the past two weeks. It makes me wonder if the perp(s) recently came into town. If so, could be for a variety of reasons. Is there any seasonal harvesting going on?
The University of Wisconsin, Barron County is right there, perhaps could be a weekend visitor? MOO …... thinking of that Challenger

Here is a link to the University Calendar Master Calendar - Calendar

Having a vehicle bolo has to cause some major problems for the perp. Not everyone can afford to ditch their vehicle and buy a new one to drive. Now what?

I have been around the Dodge muscle cars, and the engine does rev loud. It seems to be the point. No way to know for sure if the images of cars today mean anything at all, IMO, but I will say that. Add the red or orange color, and possibly the stripes- it’s someone looking to be noticed. It is so confounding, that car, and why it is being publicized. The other car seems like one that blends in better. Guess we will see.

Having a vehicle bolo has to cause some major problems for the perp. Not everyone can afford to ditch their vehicle and buy a new one to drive. Now what?

I feel like the BOLO is likely little more than a "we gotcha", as is the fairly narrow-defined search area. I bet some folks are sweating pretty hard right about now.

JMO.

I've seen discussion about rewards but don't think I've seen anybody say that one has actually been offered. I just noticed that Jayme's FBI page is offering one.

$25,000 reward

"The FBI is offering a $25000 reward for information leading directly to the location of Jayme Closs."

JAYME CLOSS — Fthe location a!ot first safe return
Location ? I’m very worried

it was. he had rented it in MN and never returned it. it was eventually listed by LE as a car for the public to BOLO for. i'm guessing someone had maybe reported seeing it in the Groene's neighborhood at the time of the murders and abductions.

As far as I know they never put out a national bolo on the jeep he had rented and certainly not on the one who rented it.. He rented the jeep in his name.

The local..state police nor the FBI knew anything about Duncan or even who he was until he told them his name when he returned in the same red jeep with Shasta.

Iirc all if that info about the vehicle was learned afterwards.

Last edited:
I am very optimistic about the press conference, and think the cars likely came from doorbell and security cameras, which would explain the grainy images. If you are about five feet out from ours, and it's dark, it would certainly be difficult to make out the make and color of a car, especially for home set further away from the street. Edit: I believe they have a serious team analyzing this, and in that area, an Edge would make more sense than an MDX, but when drugs are involved? Who knows.

I'd just like to add, that I am really impressed with the work of the police department. In reading the dispatch transcripts, within hours, they immediately called for an FBI agent from Eau Claire. The Sheriff, also, has been really good and trustworthy.

I think this will be solved. I think the red/orange Challenger might be a huge clue. It may have taken them this long to collect and analyze videos.

No theories to add here, but I think she's alive. Moreso than I have thought in previous cases.

Jayme, we're all praying for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member