AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Radar Online click-fest article refers to "bodies buried around the country." Hm. Our perp here has not yet been proven to have buried a single one.
Seriously though, who talks like that to a perfect stranger? Who talks like that period? Mostly rhetorical because I realize there are those kinds on this planet. imo. Interesting that SUV seems to "match."

Well, on the surface, it looks like there are some good clues coming forward (and probably shouldn’t be shared, but there you have it- speaking specifically on the radaronline interview with Schrunk).

Not sure what to make of that article. It suggests the creepy guy had a friend sitting in the car while he went in to eat by himself. Odd. With that in mind I think about Fuhrman’s opinion (shared by Oceanblueeyes) and wonder if both mom and daughter had been spotted and tracked home that evening. Both were targets.

It’s already been pointed out here this could be similar to the Petit family murders:
When Horror Came to a Connecticut Family

IMO.
It sounds like horse plop to me, but I’ve been wrong before!

Amateur opinion and speculation

Seriously though, who talks like that to a perfect stranger? Who talks like that period? Mostly rhetorical because I realize there are those kinds on this planet. imo. Interesting that SUV seems to "match."

yes and according to the article he hasn't been seen by neighbors recently. regardless, I'm glad it was taken seriously

The whole four minute thing is something to think about. When the 911 call came through it probably took a minute to realize what was going on and dispatch officers. Meanwhile there seems to be an argument in progress so the killer hadn’t left yet. And the mother is possibly still alive. And the call may have the final shots recorded. Police obviously didn’t see a car pull out so it was already out of sight. There was very little spare time to grab Jayme, get her to the car, somehow make her stay in and get away.

If she was resisting at all, how do you get her in the car? I doubt you shove her in through the driver’s door and across the console. If you put her in the passenger side then you’ve got to circle the car without her running. Perhaps it is a sign of two abductors. If so, that seems to lower the odds it was a sexual predator crime. It seems more of a “oh heck she was on the phone! Grab the kid and let’s go. We’ll figure it out later.”

RBBM

Someone possibly suffering from depression or other mental illness.

JMVHO

Going along with Mark Fuhrman's theory, and the ensuing question "if DC was the target, why take Jayme all?", what if the killer(s) did the deed (killed DC with JC being collateral damage when he opened the door), and Jayme ran? They pursued her and injured or killed her but weren't about to risk taking her back to the house, explaining why her body was not at the crime scene. They could have taken her and disposed of the body somewhere else.

Just a theory, obviously. I hope Jayme is actually alive and will be found soon.

yes, I think it's possible. If she put up any kind of fight - scratching him for example - he couldn't leave her there, or he would be caught easily

With LE on the scene within 5 minutes and also there almost daily it seems, also with the use of dogs, drones, infrared to search surroundings, I just don't think they would miss something like blood and/or casings in the first few days even. I hope they wouldn't. This team seems to me to be very thorough and fairly forthcoming. imo

I'd think if she was killed, it would have NOT been via gunshot, personally, but I guess anything could be possible. If Jayme was the target, she could have been killed by strangulation which would be more personal than a gunshot. That's partially why I'm not sure if Denise was the intended target - gunshot doesn't seem personal

Did I read this occurred two weeks before the Closs invasion? That makes you wonder.

Re: the Radar Online link

Jayme Closs Case Break: Police Receive Chilling Tip Conversation With Strange Man
Missing Jayme Closs Case Break: Police Receive Chilling Tip Conversation With Strange Man

I have mixed feelings about Radar Online... although I don’t think I’ve ever seen an example of them just making stuff up, I’ve seen many examples of stories that I would consider an unsubstantiated claim and this is one of those times. I just found that this story was told pretty much verbatim in a Facebook group that wouldn’t be considered legit. While that verifies that Radar Online accurately reported the sources story, the story itself should be considered unverified.

First time comment
Logically speaking:
The perpetrator most likely knew the family. Basic homicide fact & standalone kidnappers or traffickers normally don't want attention. Trafficking also normally happens to people who are in vulnerable situations where the family doesn't protect them.
Wanted to harm both of the parents: if just the father then why would he proceed after killing him. If just the mother then why would he wait till the father was home after a late shift. In towns of this size, similar to that of my extended family, people know everyone's schedules.
Jayme was probably a target of a sinister motive.
The house being positioned right off the highway makes it very unlikely that anyone would be able to case it without drawing suspicion without knowing them. Especially so if they are reclusive.
The front door being the entrance lends to it being personal. Vs. the glass door in the rear?
I can't recall another case where someone kidnaps without that being one of the main objectives.
The length of time the perp took in the home, without taking anything makes it seem as though it was a place where they felt comfortable.
The perp most likely left in a car, considering the officer's response time. Also weighing the idea of walking in a rural area to murder and kidnap is far fetched. I also think there would be more physical evidence if she was able to run.
If reports that she was on her own phone at the party earlier in the day are true and it isn't in the house, then it seems likely that the perp grabbed it, turned it off and took it with him to conceal fingerprints.
Also seems like this person would be able to get off the road quickly, whether at a home or hotel.

This all being said, one fact comes out and all of this could change.

Great first post and totally agree!

I agree. There were any number of odd characters around my small WI town as I was growing up. Still, he is worth checking out. Leave no stone unturned . . .

JMVHO
What's especially odd about it is that the conversation happened in Barron, but before the crime. That is odd.

But, I agree that odd characters are around and they are often not dangerous, just odd.

jmo

Maybe with all the spotlight at the area and all the people watching/following might give a chance to solve the other case of the area - still unidentified John Doe found in December of 2017 in Barron woods. Maybe some local remembers someone disappearing last year or years prior?

Details of John Doe - Unidentified Person Case

No way to extract DNA?

Going along with Mark Fuhrman's theory, and the ensuing question "if DC was the target, why take Jayme all?", what if the killer(s) did the deed (killed DC with JC being collateral damage when he opened the door), and Jayme ran? They pursued her and injured or killed her but weren't about to risk taking her back to the house, explaining why her body was not at the crime scene. They could have taken her and disposed the body somewhere else.

Just a theory, obviously. I hope Jayme is actually alive and will be found soon.
Why take Jayme if DC was the target? The killer may have impulsively grabbed her.
The trait of high impulsivity is strongly correlated with criminal behavior.
Psychological characteristics of criminals

Maybe with all the spotlight at the area and all the people watching/following might give a chance to solve the other case of the area - still unidentified John Doe found in December of 2017 in Barron woods. Maybe some local remembers someone disappearing last year or years prior?

Details of John Doe - Unidentified Person Case

Thank you for that. We have thread here for that case: WI - WI - Barron Co, Skeletal Remains found in Woodlot, Maple Grove, 3 Dec 2017

I feel like I scooped their "exclusive reporting" with my post this morning.

They probably got their article from reading your posts. I'm serious. Journalists and gossip columnists and even bloggers covering true crime read here and will steal our ideas. There was a "Heavy" article I read about all the theories floating around about this case and it sounded as if the author has been reading here. Heavy usually has decent articles with factual info but that one is not worth my even looking for to link again. ;)

Is this WS site weird, slooooow, and erratic for anyone else today ?

Yes! It kept kicking me off so I took a break for a couple hours and now I'm so behind. I'm multi quoting in hopes it lets me post.

I've been following this case closely and can't help but wonder (especially after the information with the gentleman in the gas station), if it could perhaps be linked to the Delphine, IN murders of the young girls a couple years ago...especially with the gentleman making the comment about going missing, etc. It looks like Delphine IN is only about 4-5 hours away from WI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo