AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m only posting so we can go over this Radar story and see what can be supported by evidence or corroborated.

That whole story is so ridiculous. A creepy man at a gas station several weeks ago? And suddenly police are hot on the trail? Because...

Not blasting you for posting it -- I read it as soon as I saw it too. It's just not very plausible to me.

I’m only posting so we can go over this Radar story and see what can be supported by evidence or corroborated. I read it and it smells a bit of sensationalism. Delete if need be. Jayme Closs Case Break: Police Receive Chilling Tip Conversation With Strange Man
The article was certainly a piece of bad, disjointed writing that was tough to follow. I don't know...... Police could definitely corroborate if they have the identity of that fellow and have been visiting his home. I wouldn't count on it for the time being. Thanks for posting it, since it's allowed :)

New commenting here but have followed from day 1. So praying for JC to come home safely!
My theory is that home was entered in a random act (or wrong house) and DC & JC happened to be home.
Based on the car locations after the police arrived I think dad (JC) arrived after the fact, realized something was wrong (different car in the driveway) and 1st door closest to saving his family was the front door which HE kicked it in. We don't know anything else that happened inside the home. To me, the only reason to take Jayme is that she may have put up a fight and had DNA evidence so they couldn't leave her behind.
Hadn’t thought about the possibility they may have taken Jayme because she had their DNA on her. Maybe she scratched or bit them. I hope that wasn’t their motive, because there would be no reason for them to keep her alive.

Last edited:
very sorry for being an idiot. My message box says I have 3 messages, yet when I open it I can only find 1 message, which was the introductory welcome from websleuths (thank you for that, BTW). If someone has messaged me, I'm not being rude and ignoring you. I can't find the messages (will keep trying).
I couldn't make it more obvious that I'm brand new to this site if I tried...

I’m only posting so we can go over this Radar story and see what can be supported by evidence or corroborated. I read it and it smells a bit of sensationalism. Delete if need be. Jayme Closs Case Break: Police Receive Chilling Tip Conversation With Strange Man

This is why I personally don't believe the entirety (at least) of this news story.
Quoted from the story:

"The second individual resides in a trailer park – Radar broke the news, the FBI vivisited a trailer park just days after intervening in the case."
"Radar also reached out to the residence where the alleged person of interest lives, but their phone was disconnected and neighbors indicated that they haven’t seen them in days, noting that authorities have been visiting the home frequently with no luck."

I can hardly believe LE would be "visiting the home frequently with no luck." With a 13 year old girl's life at stake here they would have surely obtained search warrants for both properties. They are not going to just go "visit the home frequently" and find the phone disconnected and no one there and do nothing. They don't need the resident's permission if they have a warrant in hand. JMO.

I thought at first we were reading too much into the caretaker thing but I’m thinking about it a little differently now. Perhaps James and Denise has reason to believe that there was some kind of trouble waiting for them. Who knows what, it could be something they were keeping a secret even from family. This would explain the reason they needed to have such a close eye on Jayme with a caretaker...even going so far as following the caretaker when she moved and transferring schools. Just another theory to float out there.
Caretaker?? What’s this about?

According to citydata.com the ratio of number of residents in Barron to number of RSOs is 80 to 1. For comparison, the ratio of number of residents to number of RSO in the city where I live is 4,740 to 1. http://www.city-data.com/city/Barron-Wisconsin.html
What's interesting (to me) is that with 42 RSO's in the city and fewer police officers than average, there have been a total of 14 rapes between the years 2002 and 2016. There were also 0 murders there during those years. MOO

The article was certainly a piece of bad, disjointed writing that was tough to follow. I don't know...... Police could definitely corroborate if they have the identity of that fellow and have been visiting his home. I wouldn't count on it for the time being. Thanks for posting it, since it's allowed :)
I agree that it was a poorly written story. I could hardly follow it. I can't imagine that it has anything to do with what happened at Jayme's home. MOO.

My thinking is exactly the same. This all makes a lot more sense, if that 20 plus minute gap, doesn’t exist.

I don’t think it was intentional, just an error on their part.

Regardless, I think it’s more likely that the neighbors didn’t hear all the shots.

Someone had mentioned the possibility that she simply read the clock wrong, and I think that's very plausible. The 3 and the 5 on a digital clock are very similar, with the only difference being that the upper vertical light is on the other side. If it was 12:51 instead of 12:31 when she heard the shots that makes the rest of the timeline set up almost perfectly leaving the perp about a 2 minute time period in the house versus a 22 minute time period.

New commenting here but have followed from day 1. So praying for JC to come home safely!
My theory is that home was entered in a random act (or wrong house) and DC & JC happened to be home.
Based on the car locations after the police arrived I think dad (JC) arrived after the fact, realized something was wrong (different car in the driveway) and 1st door closest to saving his family was the front door which HE kicked it in. We don't know anything else that happened inside the home. To me, the only reason to take Jayme is that she may have put up a fight and had DNA evidence so they couldn't leave her behind.

BBM

Why would he kick in the door to his own house when he has the key?

Even if he sees something in his house, it's much better for him to use the key than break his foot trying to kick in the door.

Someone had mentioned the possibility that she simply read the clock wrong, and I think that's very plausible. The 3 and the 5 on a digital clock are very similar, with the only difference being that the upper vertical light is on the other side. If it was 12:51 instead of 12:31 when she heard the shots that makes the rest of the timeline set up almost perfectly leaving the perp about a 2 minute time period in the house versus a 22 minute time period.
That works for me. It would explain that discrepancy, one that would otherwise be inexplicable.

You spend 20 minutes in a house if you have an expectation of privacy, and no fear of discovery by neighbors or police.

You don’t hang around after you kick open a door and fire atleast two rounds.

They have to be wrong with the time.

I used to think that they heard jayme’s voice on the 911 call so that’s how they knew she was there. But now I’m wondering if the mom or dad were heard telling Jayme to run and THAT is how they knew she was there.

But their suicide assumption/mistake would make more sense if they heard jayme’s voice and not her parents saying run.

Maybe they heard her yell, “why did you do this?!” or “please don’t shoot please don’t shoot.” Something like that may have prompted the intial suicide assumption??

I’m just thinking out loud here and have literally just come to the opposite conclusion of the point I came here to make :confused:o_O:confused:o_O:rolleyes:

Plus the whole mathematical equation to figure out the real time because the clock was set ahead. Did she remember correctly AND did she do the math correctly?

The more the witness (with good intentions, I'm sure) tells her story, the less I find it credible. I don't want to toss it out completely because obvious there were shots! But I'm just not totally convinced she has the times right.

jmo

BBM

Why would he kick in the door to his own house when he has the key?

Even if he sees something in his house, it's much better for him to use the key than break his foot trying to kick in the door.

Maybe they had a chain that went on the door so a key would only get you so far. If perps were already inside and dad wasn't home I imagine them locking the door and if a chain is there, then putting the chain on as well. Keeps Denise and Jayme inside and dad out.

Who calls someone a caretaker? I know the school said it, but I have only heard families use this in regard to a family member w special needs who needed to be monitored for seizure activity and problems related to Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Why not call them a caregiver? An afterschool teacher, a companion? A nanny? A family friend?
Caretaker sounds so septic, like a property manager or something.
#nooffensetopropertymgrs
Jayme's 'caretaker' was her aunt.

The post below may help clear up the confusion.

WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #7

Do you think they have collected cell phone data of all cell phones that would be pinging in the area of their home at the time?

Tia.

Signing off for tonight. Still praying for a miracle that Jayme is found alive.

I
Would an overprotective mother would lock herself in the bathroom when an intruder was in the house. I think she would go directly to her daughter and try to lead her to safety.

She may not have had the opportunity.

She gets up to see who and what. Sees a guy with a gun and runs into the bathroom because ? Maybe Jayme’s room is out of reach for her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme