AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I'm inclined to agree with you. The neighbours' reports could be incorrect for all manner of reasons. I go back to what I mentioned in a previous post about a close relative apparently relaying what LE had told them when explaining the two deaths. This got written up in the press very early on in the case. It was mentioned that LE had explained to close family that James was inside the house and had been answering the front door, when he was shot multiple times, including shots being fired through the front door at him. There were several spent cases near to his body and his death was most probably instantaneous.
I hope LE speaks to the neighbours - sternly if necessary - to advise them to not continu
I’m sure LE would make the neighbors stop granting interviews if they could. LE can mandate investigators, LE, DA not talk about the case but they can’t forbid witnesses, family and friends from talking to whomever they like. They can strongly discourage it and even beg them not to, but ultimately it’s up to the individual. At this point in the investigation they have to rely on citizens choosing to do what’s in the best interest of the investigaton, safety, justice etc.

Personally I can’t understand why they would still be giving interviews. If these people came over to return my mis-delivered mail, I’d probably be reluctant to answer my door too.

Hoping I can get some replies to post before this thread closes for the night :)
I know many are getting frustrated by the lack of specific details that the sheriff is not releasing at this time. My question is this - if you could know one detail of the event that which the sheriff knows the answer to what would that be? Details such as was Denise in the bathroom, whose phone made the 911 call, do you have Jayme's phone or was James in the house answering the door when he was shot or was he entering the house from the outside when he was shot. These are examples of what the sheriff would certainly know. Me - I would like to know if James was in the house answering the door or outside coming in when he was shot. Just trying to see how the more experienced sleuths think and their reasoning. Your thoughts...

Gosh that is a tough question but a good one. I'm torn between:
1. The blood spatter patterns-- I believe they will tell the story of how and where the victims were shot, plus if any movement or struggles occurred after. If anyone stepped in blood trying to get out of the house or if Jayme was clutching one of her parents as they died and pulled away it will be revealed by the blood patterns. JMO.
2. Where Denise's phone was located and the condition it was found in/were their any prints or DNA samples on it. The sheriff was careful in his wording indicating they knew Jayme was at the house during the murders in part because of the 911 call. He didn't say she was heard on the call or that they knew she made the call. But they have the phone which may have been located away from the bodies and with Jayme's prints on the screen where the numbers 9-1-1 were located. They likely know who made the call so knowing where the phone was located and its condition would reveal a lot of info IMO.

Jumping off your post from yesterday’s thread, I happened to check JLC's page again on the FBI Missing Persons page just now, and the previously displayed $25,000 reward seems to no longer be visible.

It could be a technical issue, or perhaps the reward had been added to the page in error and was subsequently removed, but wanted to share this observation nonetheless. Jmo

JAYME CLOSS — FBI

Ooooh! Trying so hard not to read into this but I want to think they would immediately take it down if they have a perp who is talking or have located Jayme. Probably wishful thinking but I will keep hoping.

Apologies if I missed a discussion about this but I am wondering what you all think about it taking one full week for the car information to come out? I assume they checked all the nearby cameras within a day or two. Presumably local DMV checks were done too. Do you think it took a full week to ID 2 cars in on local cameras? Or is it more likely that they "found" these cars due to credible tips? Just curious.

I think they probably had this info sooner but not immediately. They may have had other cars they eliminated first. It takes a long time to collect and analyze video footage. They likely have these vehicles of interest on more than one camera going towards the area and then away from the area in the timeline of when the crime occurred. They also have probably put in the effort to track down every local with the vehicles within a certain radius. It may even be someone who is local and was on LE's list prior to the release of the info. But if they get a tip that someone has that car and was acting suspicious (excessive cleaning of the car, looking to sell it, over interest in the case, etc) that could make it easier to get warrants to look into someone deeper. JMO.

I was disappointed to see the neighbors giving yet another interview in the DM. It really is time to stop or it could create a problem down the road if the case is solved and someone goes to trial IMO.

It wouldn't surprise me if they had the wrong time. I think only JS looked at the clock and IMO it's possible she either misread it at the time or misremembered it later on.

Something they have been consistent about is hearing the two shots in rapid succession, within seconds according to them. Assuming for now that the statement is correct, has anyone figured out how that can be if dad is at the front door and mom is barricaded in the bathroom?

One thought is there were more shots that the neighbors didn't hear, IOW that dad was shot twice. After that I'm stumped.

Going by the dispatch logs, I don't think there is much room for doubt more than two shots were fired. The LEO first on the scene reported multiple rounds spent prior to Denise being found. IIRC, about 5 minutes went by from that comment indicating more than one casing at the scene and locating Denise's body. If there were 2 or more casings around James and both parents were shot in different rooms of the house, the most logical conclusion is that more than 2 gunshots occurred. I can think through a few scenarios that would allow both to be shot and only 2 rounds being fired from the porch but it takes more assumptions to think through that then to simply assume the number is likely to be greater than the 2 reportedly heard. MOO.

I thought LE said the call did not contain words? Just noises? Certainly if a name was mentioned, LE might not say so, but probably would not lie, since they did (I believe) comment on the call at all. Rather than refuse to do so.
I thought that as well. I know they said they could only discern “help” but it still crossed my mind. We don’t know enough about the call.
I thought LE said the call did not contain words? Just noises? Certainly if a name was mentioned, LE might not say so, but probably would not lie, since they did (I believe) comment on the call at all. Rather than refuse to do so.

It was on further initial analysis that a voice was heard calling "help". It was reported publicly as the only discernible word in amongst the shouting/background noise, which is why LE referred the recording to the ?FBI for enhanced sound analysis.
"Help" could only really come from Jayme if her father was already dead and her mother was locked in the bathroom. The noise must have sounded distant to where Denise' 'phone was - it was reported as such - which more or less rules Denise out as the person saying "help". Another possibility, of course is that she was so weak and/or terrified at that point all she could do was try to whisper/summon enough strength to communicate the word, and the dispatchers and LE mistook her weak voice as being spoken in the distance, amongst all the other shouting.

The poster MrsWS first needs to link that the police are no longer searching for the 2 cars. Because this could be a problem when the thread reopens. Jmo
Thread is now closed.
If anyone finds a link to indicate that police are no longer searching for any of the vehicles of interest while the thread is closed, please PM it to myself or report on one of the related posts and provide that link in the alert. I will notify the other mods that this is an open question so whoever opens in the morning is aware.

Thread is now closed.
If anyone finds a link to indicate that police are no longer searching for any of the vehicles of interest while the thread is closed, please PM it to myself or report on one of the related posts and provide that link in the alert. I will notify the other mods that this is an open question so whoever opens in the morning is aware.

I sent you two links, both to Ashley Banfiled. The information from OP about the vehicles not being of interest anymore is false. They are both still vehicles of interest.

KALB News Channel 5‏Verified account @KALBtv5

MISSING TEEN: Jayme Closs has been missing for eight days after her parents were found shot inside their home.

KALB News Channel 5 on Twitter

48 Hours‏Verified account @48hours

Throngs of volunteers join search for Jayme Closs, missing 13-year-old girl: https://cbsn.ws/2O0cnt5

48 Hours on Twitter

Leah Linscheid‏Verified account @news3leah
Leah Linscheid Retweeted Channel 3000

We're getting an update from investigators on 13-year-old Jayme Closs later today. Still hoping for good news in this case.

Leah Linscheid on Twitter

CBS This Morning‏Verified account @CBSThisMorning

'It's been more than a week since Jayme Closs vanished and her parents were found dead in Wisconsin. But the Barron County Sheriff says he believes Jayme is still alive. https://cbsn.ws/2PRyGTg @DonDahlerCBS is outside the sheriff's department in Wisconsin:'

CBS This Morning on Twitter

*Video at link

HLN‏Verified account @HLNTV

'Photos released of "vehicles of interest" in the #JaymeCloss disappearance. Images taken from surveillance video recorded near the home where the 13-year-old's parents were found shot dead.'

HLN on Twitter

*Video at link

Kim Johnson‏Verified account @KimJohnsonWCCO

'Entering the 10th day, and still no answers. What came from yesterday's search for Jayme Closs on @WCCO This AM.'

Kim Johnson on Twitter

BBM

It was on further initial analysis that a voice was heard calling "help". It was reported publicly as the only discernible word in amongst the shouting/background noise, which is why LE referred the recording to the ?FBI for enhanced sound analysis.
"Help" could only really come from Jayme if her father was already dead and her mother was locked in the bathroom. The noise must have sounded distant to where Denise' 'phone was - it was reported as such - which more or less rules Denise out as the person saying "help". Another possibility, of course is that she was so weak and/or terrified at that point all she could do was try to whisper/summon enough strength to communicate the word, and the dispatchers and LE mistook her weak voice as being spoken in the distance, amongst all the other shouting.

Has it been publicly confirmed that a voice was heard saying "help"? I have only seen this on Radar Online. We also don't know for certain if Denise Closs locked herself in a bathroom. We don't know who made the call, we only know that it came from Denise's phone.

Has it been publicly confirmed that a voice was heard saying "help"? I have only seen this on Radar Online. We also don't know for certain if Denise Closs locked herself in a bathroom. We don't know who made the call, we only know that it came from Denise's phone.
Was it ever confirmed that they obtained Denise's cell phone at the scene?

The mother being in the bathroom is speculation.

That got me thinking
If LE heard a male voice on the call that wasn’t the dad, then wouldn’t they have said it was a male they heard? Or wouldn’t they release a pice of the recurring with his voice? Didn’t they release a clip of the perp’s voice in that Indiana case with the 2 girls walking on the train bridge? I think it was a bridge?? Or maybe just train tracks??

Yes, and it still haunts me.

Although not publicly, it was reported the the sheriff stated they could only make out the word "help ", and other than that just heard background noise that indicated a disturbance. It was reported about the second day in WAEU 13.

Will LE be able to tell us if there were items missing from Jayme's bedroom? Like was her suitcase missing? Was it ransacked or in order?

I do think it'll be interesting if we ever find out that James had one or two gunshot wounds and Denise had a whole lot more...
I’m not following you- may I ask why you say that? Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member