AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. We have no idea what went on in there and the phone could have been kicked around, picked up and dropped elsewhere, etc.

I'd pay good $ to know where they found Denise's cell phone. That would be a huge clue. I'm wondering if it was outside somewhere which might indicate that Jayme made the call left it outside somewhere and that might be why its so hard to hear what is on the call?

I think it depends on where people choose to park. If they use the garage for their cars (many people dont), then they would probably use that door. If the closest door to where they park is the front door, they might be in the habit of using that. I use the front door because in relation to where we park, it's the quickest way in with a load of groceries.

In regards to which door people commonly use. Personally, I’ve always used my front door. It’s easier at times, even though I park around back. Especially carrying groceries ~ to enter through the back I would have to open multiple doors. One opening up onto a back porch (or den, however used by individual) then enter another door leading into a utility room etc. The front door is just easier as it’s just one door to open. Also I’ve always lived in a rural area and honestly we rarely lock the doors. Most nights when I make my rounds before bed, I’ll find the front door cracked open from my adult son not closing it all the way after the dogs came back inside after their nightly walk...

At first I thought it could be possible, but I don’t think so anymore. They likely would have realized the mistake after killing James. No need to go find Denise, kill her, and take Jayme if it were a mistake
Witnesses?

What if the perp was in the house and an altercation started. Perhaps James said either, "Get out!" or "Let's take this outside." Then, when they got to the door and the fight was escalating, the perp turned on him with a gun.

I'm not saying this happened, but it could have. One of my theories is that the perp was IN the house before the altercation. Other theories place the perp bursting through the door while the family was asleep. I just don't know.

How could the LE know for sure James "answered the door" - I think that was probably an assumption based on the location of the body. It's probably a correct assumption and a logical one, but part of me keeps an open mind that perhaps he was going out the door or kicking someone out the door.

jmo

That is similar to my theory on this. A lot could be learned from the location of the wounds, which would determine the direction they were coming from.

Snipped by me.

Those of us who think the neighbor's account is unreliable doesn't have to do with the number of shots she heard. From my reading of the countless posts, we believe she heard two shots. We also consider there may have been more than two shots, but LE will be able to easily figure that number out, so we don't need to rely on the neighbor to count the number of shots.

There are some of us, like me, who don't think the time the neighbor heard the shots is necessarily accurate. For one thing, she doesn't keep her clock on the accurate time, but a few minutes ahead.

I think she heard two shots, but I don't have confidence in the exact time she said she heard them. I think we've been putting too much weight on the time she said she heard the shots and we're all trying to figure out what happened in the 20 minutes or so between the shots and the 911 call. Well....maybe it was a longer stretch of time and maybe it was shorter.

jmo

I was responding to a post that said they were unreliable because they heard 2 shots, not anything else.

CarGoVroomVroo: Anyone happen to have both of the guys addresses who were marked as POI at the A&W station?

Search address and the trailer park address.

I'm going to see if the vehicle is tied to them and any potential other name and address. I need both addresses, pls

they have poi now

another poster posted it, not me

I think this was how poi comment started. Jkloc was not intending to state they had a poi in custody, but that they may have talked to one of the car owners ...?
By stating "they have poi now" some of us thought the meaning to be that someone is in custody, but that is not the case.

Hope that helped and I am understanding the flow correctly.

ETA
Actually, Jax might have a better reason for the confusion, There was NO QUESTION mark after the statement.

Last edited:
I cant even remember which show was on at the time. I was reading the thread here when it was closed yesterday during the time.

So at first I wasnt paying close attention to the TV but when he was talking is when it caught my attention.

I believe the show in which Mark Fuhrman spoke may have been America's Newsroom (which airs between 9a-12p, and would have aired during the time the thread was closed, I believe).

While I wasn't able to find that specific part of the segment re: DC, here's a brief clip where MF discusses the search and vehicles of interest. It's short, but video is at the link below for anyone who's interested.

America's Newsroom on Twitter
WATCH: @SandraSmithFox spoke with Mark Fuhrman about the search for missing WI teen Jayme Closs #nine2noon

Witnesses?

Then they would likely have to know who the perp is. I’d assume the house was dark since it was night time. Probably couldn’t give the best description, especially Jayme. Why take her and not kill her right there?

I go back and forth on the multiple killer theory... i like it because you have to be pretty confident to enter a home that has multiple vehicles in the driveway, ie you’re outnumbered, in rural Wisconsin, where damn near everyone has firearms especially for hunting, all on your lonesome.
Unless you know what you’re walking into and you are familiar with the house and it’s inhabitants.
It makes sense also on how the killer/s could know that they can keep the situation under control, bc it’s easier to manage the outcome they intended.
I don’t like the multiple killer theory in that there are v few criminal duos that don’t spill the beans or leave any clues whatsoever. More people involved makes it harder to keep it quiet.

Back to the 2 shots, I’d love to know the weapon involved. If it was a shotgun maybe the killer used a double barrel shotgun and thusly only had 2 rounds preloaded expecting the dad to be at work. It would explain why Jayme was taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm