AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about the CFS part. That part of the dispatch log is prior to LE even finding the second body. That seems awfully early to be thinking about calling family services.
It's a conundrum. The original call is listed as 1831604. But later at 1:07am they referenced a link to csf# 1831605. It was later at 1:11am that they realized there was another person in "down" in the home. Because of the way they number incidents it seems odd to reference a future incident? Perhaps it was a typo? Which was why I assumed it was child services, but you're right, they wouldn't have started that yet because they hadn't yet determined that this wasn't a suicide, let alone an incident involving a child. My best guess is that it's a typo and they meant to type 1831604?

If you go to Wisconsin DOT interactive map of average daily traffic you will find that if you go to Barron that US 8 (east/west) near the Closs home has an average of 6400 vehicles per day pass by. The road to the east of their home (13th Street - runs north/south) gets 510 vehicles per day going to the north.

(Enter the Closs address in the address field and hit search)
Roadrunner.Web
Wow, that is a lot of traffic. Do they have a breakdown of those numbers during the time that the incident occurred?

Is the law the sane in Wisconsin that driver’s must stop for the school bus?

If so, that gives a driver ample time to see Jayme everyday

Aaaa the good news!
Wisconsin has joined a handful of states in allowing familial DNA testing — a powerful but debatable procedure — to identify suspects in murders and sexual assaults.

Familial DNA Solves Crime in Wisconsin - Forensic Magazine
www.forensicmag.com/news/2014/05/familial-dna-solves-crime-wisconsin
Also is one of few states that allow samples from those convicted with misdemeanors as well as those accused, not necessarily convicted, of a felony crime.

Thanks. So I wonder what the CFS # they linked to is? The log we have is for BNSO1831604, but they reference linking this case to BNSO1831605. Would the homicide get 1 case number, and the abduction another? Strange that it is only mentioned once in the entire log.
Same argument though, unless the family member is on file. DNA is a great tool for determining if someone was there or not, but its not ideal for identifying unknown persons unless they have a history.
I would think even if the perps DNA isn’t on file they would be able to tell if they are from the same family as one of the victims.

I wonder what the breakdown per hour is of traffic on that road?

I think because of how busy, grabbing Jayme on the road would not work.

It's a conundrum. The original call is listed as 1831604. But later at 1:07am they referenced a link to csf# 1831605. It was later at 1:11am that they realized there was another person in "down" in the home. Because of the way they number incidents it seems odd to reference a future incident? Perhaps it was a typo? Which was why I assumed it was child services, but you're right, they wouldn't have started that yet because they hadn't yet determined that this wasn't a suicide, let alone an incident involving a child. My best guess is that it's a typo and they meant to type 1831604?

Can't imagine it would be simple typo since the reference is to link the 2 case numbers together. One wouldn't make an entry to link the same case to itself, right?

It almost makes it seem like they may have made 2 dispatch cases, but didn't realize they doubled up? As far as we know the 911 call from inside the house is the only call made, and that is what generated case #1831604. The question outstanding then would be what precipitated someone to open up a 2nd case, which was sequential in number, and that ended up being linked to this case?

It was created prior to the change from suicide to homicide. Prior to the knowledge of Jayme being missing. It even seems that it was created prior to the knowledge of a 2nd victim in the house.

The only thing I could possibly think is that the initial 911 call generated 1831604. That call ended up being dropped. When the 911 dispatcher could not reach the number after the dropped call, that signaled a secondary dispatch generating 1831605.

Also is one of few states that allow samples from those convicted with misdemeanors as well as those accused, not necessarily convicted, of a felony crime.
Yes. It’s great that states are beginning to pass laws that allow for DNA collection from those merely accused of a felony.

I think that public safety is more important than privacy concerns in this regard.

Is this the back of the Closs home? It appeared right after the two or so pictures of the front of the house. It's the same color, so I don't know if it's the back of the Closs home or not. It is on the Sikora Prime Paint and Washing LLC FB page.

Sikora Prime Painting and Washing, LLC

Delete. Site is hanging on posts/likes for me. This was repeat. Sorry

Is this the back of the Closs home? It appeared right after the two or so pictures of the front of the house. It's the same color, so I don't know if it's the back of the Closs home or not. It is on the Sikora Prime Paint and Washing LLC FB page.

I don't believe so. It would be very strange for a house to have horizontal slat siding on the front, and vertical siding on the back.

Paul Blume following up to a viewer's question about Chris Fitzgerald on Twitter tweet from 10/17, re: "serious unrelated criminal activity" that was uncovered...

Paul Blume on Twitter

I just asked sheriff about the "unrelated" law enforcement activity last week in Barron. Was told case still under investigation. DA getting close to charges. Once those drop, info becomes public. Again, reiterated NOT connected to Jayme Closs disappearance.

I'm not sure, but I don't think so because of the roofline. Here is a recent aerial still from a news source: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/houseoverhead-12-jpg.152588/

It's from a different post on a different day and its doesn't look the same to me. IMO

Once again, sorry to multi-quote but I keep getting kicked off by server issues:

LINK TO LIVESTREAM OF PRESS CONFERENCE TODAY AT 4 PM
UPDATE: News conference scheduled in Barron Co. after day of searching in Closs case
A news conference is scheduled in Barron County in regards to the case of missing 13-year-old Jayme Closs.

Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald is slated to hold the conference at 4 p.m. To watch it when it airs live (at 4 p.m.), click here.

Bringing this forward as we get closer to the presser time.

Nice observation, JohnTate90210. It may or may not be from an LE vehicle, but FWIW, here's a video showing what appears to be a possible LE vehicle driving across the yard (and over the dirt track area).

I believe that same vehicle can be seen later in the video backed up to the deck, so it's possible the track could have been created by that same vehicle when it was likely backed into the deck area earlier.

I'd also imagine that LE would have secured that area of ground, and not driven over it, had it been noticed earlier in the investigation. Jmo

Still from the video (at 1:11):
View attachment 152739

Source:

Rainynights, you are gem! I've never seen the video with the van driving on the lawn before.

Paul Blume on Twitter

Barron Co sheriff news conference will be streamed live on @FOX9 Facebook page & our app. Hearing from sources that the Closs family may break their silence & speak at the 4pm briefing.

Bringing forward links-- about 30 minutes now to the presser.

If you go to Wisconsin DOT interactive map of average daily traffic you will find that if you go to Barron that US 8 (east/west) near the Closs home has an average of 6400 vehicles per day pass by. The road to the east of their home (13th Street - runs north/south) gets 510 vehicles per day going to the north.

(Enter the Closs address in the address field and hit search)
Roadrunner.Web
I just looked it up and was surprised at the number of businesses along 8 that I'm pretty sure would have camera's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member