AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that is a lot of traffic. Do they have a breakdown of those numbers during the time that the incident occurred?
Not that I have seen. The way they record the information counters they set up along the roads from time to time usually for a whole week or so. The DOT likely have time-stamped information that law enforcement could access so that they could understand what "typical" traffic amount is on a late sunday/early monday morning.

I don't believe that traffic counters are active on an ongoing basis there. But you never know as more and more roads in this country are getting "smarter". You see more and more traffic counting systems that are live - which is how we end up with the traffic maps on Google and other services that show how busy or backed up a road is.

I still think its a good thing and don't see why every state doesn't do it. Every little bit helps. Many cold cases have been solved with DNA. You never know if any perp has been involved in a previous crime, in fact it is often the case. Better to widen the gap by collecting from those with misdemeanors rather than limit it to those accused of felonies. It is used to solve current crimes as well, and you never know what DNA they may recover. Jmo

Its the expense mostly. I have closely followed this in my state and have even signed a petition to get our governor to look into it. It is a totally different software to run it in from what is already in wide use first off, and then you have the crime lab that is already backlogged with overworked and underpaid workers. Add in the controversial nature and there you have it. Its complicated.

I also want to point out that familial DNA searches in this sense are different from the techniques used to solve several recent cold cases. In some of the recent cases I believe they used DNA detectives who searched genealogy sites where people had submitted their own DNA for the purposes of finding and linking up with family members.

Am I the only WSer who feels the suspect is young ? Early 20's maybe ? I just am NOT seeing a pervy old man doing this...it's too bold, to wreckless, too agressive as opposed to just creepy.

I dunno. Random thoughts. My head is pounding at this point.

I keep going back and forth in my head as to what age I think he is but I lean towards older. I think late 20's, early 30's, maybe 40's. I think he has previous victims but none that he took in this manner (double homicide of parents). I think perhaps he escalated to this after he got away with previous acts. He may have done some time as a juvenile and perhaps those records are sealed.

I can't stop thinking of Todd Kohlhepp as a model for this type of escalating behavior. TK raped a girl at gunpoint when he was 15 and he went to prison for it. After TK got out he moved to a different state (AZ to SC) and lived quietly under the radar as a real estate agent. TK spree-killed 4 people (Superbike murders) out of anger because they laughed at him. He got away with that crime for over a decade until he was caught with KB chained up in his improvised shipping container. TK had an arsenal of illegal guns (he wasn't supposed to be able to legally buy a gun) and had somehow been able to avoid registering as a sex-offender in SC. His record was public but he told the real estate board his juvenile offense where he was charge as an adult was because he had sex with an under aged girlfriend and they believe him and let him get his license. We may be dealing with someone like this who has convinced others in his life that he reformed or that his first offenses were "misunderstandings" (notice LE in this case used that very intuitive word to appeal to the perp).

TK was 46 by the time he had escalated to couple victims-- brazenly shooting men and taking women hostage. I think the perp in this case is likely to have been so brazen because he has not been caught for other offenses or only served some time as a juvenile. Perhaps he took a girl previously who had parents to make pleas for her and he didn't want to see that again. Possibly he always fantasized about eliminating the parents before abducting a girl. Or murdering the parents was the only way he saw to get to Jayme. IDK. We could find out it is a teen or much older adult but mid 30's plus or minus 10 years is where I'm thinking right now.

*All MOO and subject to change as we get new info. :D

Amazing that this guy or guys are smarter than LE and the FBI. :(

He/they are not. Just wait.
MOO.

Last edited:
Can I ask that people refrain from complaining over and over why they feel certain news sources are unreliable. If you disagree with this sites decision to allow certain sites to be discussed, please take it up with a MOD. Sorting through 20 plus posts a day on this subject is tiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hell Yeah