AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t buy that for a second.

A 13 year old girl didn’t kick her door in, shoot her parents to death, and then vanish without a trace.

There is no indication that she had a boyfriend or someone she could be in cahoots with.

She’s a kid, not a diabolical criminal mastermind.

Not only does speculation like this have no basis in fact, but it defies logic.
I disagree too that authorities are trying to lure Jayme out. The dog is there to comfort the family and to show whoever the evil person(s) who did this that the family (including her furbaby) are distraught and need answers.

Last edited:

A 13 year old girl didn’t kick her door in, shoot her parents to death, and then vanish without a trace.

There is no indication that she had a boyfriend or someone she could be in cahoots with.

It's my opinion that LE has no clue what happened to Jayme, no clue where she might be, no clue who took/has her and no idea where to start looking for her.

First clue was when they released the vehicle photographs the other day.
They couldn't find or locate any info on the vehicles and that's why they went public and requested "help".
I hate it, but I agree with you. Up to now I really believed LE knew a lot more than they were admitting, but after today’s presser I think they know things about what specifically happened at the house, but are clueless as to who did it or why. I don’t even think they know if it was a burglery, home invasion, altercation w/friends or family. I’m not convinced the even know if Jamie was taken by force, left willingly w/her abductor or fled from the house on her own. I hope I’m wrong!

I believe LE is doing a terrific job covering all the right bases. No lack of trying, that’s for sure. But if this was an unwilling abduction it seems they’re grasping at straws. MOO

I agree. I didn't get much emotion from it at all either. It seemed really strange.

I believe her Aunt was attempting to humanize Jayme.

If she is in fact alive, it may be critical for her abductors to see her as a human being with a family who lives her.

I found nothing strange or off about the PC at all.

Correct in that a 13 YO could not have planned this nor have carried it out. Whomever she may have been linked with could have, however, ie an online interest. Unfortunately a juvenile can be easily manipulated by an adult. I don't think, though, that, if she knew the attackers, she would have known they were going to kill her parents. Thus the yelling during the 911 call. Parents were an impediment to the shooter(s).

Last edited:
Many questions get asked over and over a lot. I am guessing, with a discussion of this size, people just jump to the last couple of pages to get the "latest" and fail to read many of the previous posts. Guess they figure it is just easier to ask. But I certainly agree to keep up to date with all that has been posted with discussions this size can be a daunting task. MOO

I understand, but they could ask for a Facts list. I know some have supplied this. Maybe someone could type all we DO know up and address the repeat questions. I know people will still ask but hopefully it would cut down on some of them. Especially with all the server issues we are having the past few days (in reference to repeat photos shared). Just my thoughts.

What they did was NOT to give the abductor the POWER. Not to ASK for anything is a slightly neutral position but it's also a position of strength because of their bonds to her. If she should be alive at this point and see the presser, this should impart HOPE and STRENGTH to her personally.

Absolute power is what an abductor has on a victim, and a respect of that is what he/she/they would need to be given by LE. If that "deference" is not shown to them, they could do something evil to command it.

JMO.

If you have followed the cases of other missing children, you know sometimes the kids and teens, if they are alive, are allowed to watch TV. Katie Beers in NY watched her parents plead for her return on TV and AH in NH reported watching newscasts about her. Elizabeth Smart has attributed her survival to her love of her family and faith. This is not a new tactic to appeal to a missing child in a loving and warm way.

I think the aunt was clearly trying to give Jayme hope if she's alive and being held somewhere and allowed to watch TV that her family still loves her and are looking for her and she will have a family to come home to - including her dog. I think they were trying to give her hope, which many missing children have said sustained them through torture and abuse.

Thread will be closed if victim is accused, just jmo.

I do not quite get why LE won’t say “abducted”clearly though. No matter the circumstances, a 13-yr old taken by an adult is an abduction, if not a parent. Unless they think she ran off on her own, but what would make them think that, as they seem to have next to nothing to go on. Weird.

another evidence team went out today - looking for new things - new team, new set of eyes to make sure nothing was missed, those are being processed

Did anyone hear the female reporter who brought up the subject of the new forensic team begin to ask about a mattress being taken from the home today? I am sure I did.

Correct in that a 13 YO could not have planned this nor have carried it out. Whomever she may have been linked with could have, however, ie an online interest. Unfortunately a juvenile can be easily manipulated by an adult. I don't think, though, that, if she knew the attackers, she would have known they were going to kill her parents. Thus the yelling during the 911 call. Parents were an impediment to her.
My original theory was that this was some type of online interaction gone awry.

I think there would have been a break by now, had this theory been correct.

I don’t think she was even inadvertently involved in this, especially with what we have come to learn about her.

She’s an innocent victim.

Last edited:

If she is in fact alive, it may be critical for her abductors to see her as a human being with a family who lives her.

This is exactly how I took it as well. I think the goal was to hit whoever has her or knows something straight in the feels. The dog may have been there because they are thinking that it's odd the dog wasn't shot too that maybe whoever took Jayme was an animal lover. I know it might seem odd but I think the goal was to hit people in the feels and I got to say it def did me.

I agree that something seems off- probably the fact that two people were brutally murdered and a 13 year old child has been missing for over a week with absolutely no clue of where she is or if she's even still alive. Other than that, the statement from the aunt should not be judged based on how someone else thinks she should act in this situation. Nor should the fact that Jayme's dog was brought in for the presser. These people (including the first responders) are going through all kinds of hell with this case. Imagine our frustration, multiplied by about 1000. I realize we're here to discuss the case and all sorts of what-if's, but a little grace for those who are hurting can go a long way.

Correct in that a 13 YO could not have planned this nor have carried it out. Whomever she may have been linked with could have, however, ie an online interest. Unfortunately a juvenile can be easily manipulated by an adult. I don't think, though, that, if she knew the attackers, she would have known they were going to kill her parents. Thus the yelling during the 911 call. Parents were an impediment to her.

This exactly. I have never thought she could be involved in any way until this press conference. I have never cared for the online/catfish theory too much, but now I am starting to question if maybe that is a possibility. Nobody is saying she isn't a victim, she very much is.

But at this point absolutely nothing makes sense anymore. I think all theories need to be on the table because obviously they are getting nowhere with what they currently have.

I think this is why they searched the area they did. I understood the ditch search but the fields like they did yesterday couldn't have been just for a cell phone thrown out a window.
Cell phone could be pinged for its current location unless turned off but I doubt it was turned off. I believe that police have the cell phone. I know, there's a fact sheet so I can check that to find out if the cell phone was found in the house. In any event, how did the bad guys manage to grab Jayme, exit the house, get to their car(s) and get the heck out of dodge without being observed by police, all in under four minutes.

I was bothered by the wording by the FBI agent... instead of whereabouts he is "location". This speaks volumes to me. It also saddens me and makes my heart hurt. Praying for Jayme and her remaining family that they see a conclusion of some sort very soon!

I pray this family wasnt murdered by some strung out drug fueled meth heads.

It would be horrible for little Jayme if she has been abducted by them.

I don’t know why people keep calling her “little”. She is a teenager. She is past puberty, she is not eligible for youth sports anymore. I am very worried for her, and she is certainly in grave danger, but she is young. She isn’t little. MHO.

People don’t use that same kind of language with 13 year old males.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hell Yeah