AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because, IMO, not due to anything that's been said by LE at this time, but because Denise was said to be in the home, there's a high chance that there was sexual assault in the victimology. That's not something usually released when the daughter is still missing and could possibly still be alive, I don't think.
I believe it would not extend her chance of survival at all.

I hope this makes sense. I know what I mean. It's like not saying " kidnapped" but " endangered missing". They want to use the LEAST INFLAMMATORY terms possible for that slim chance that Jayme is alive so the abductor doesn't panic and kill her.

We know the chances are high that at some point, when the autopsies are completed, we will know more of what happened to each parent. If I was holding the press conference and was asked the question about where Denise was found, and what was believed to have happened inside the house prior to James's arrival and the progression to gunshots, I'd say: " There's time for this info to be told, and it will be forthcoming as soon as the forensic autopsies are concluded and correlated with our crime scene processing data, but now, they are looking for the little girl first and foremost".
Great point @SeekingJana Every time the door or chair gets mentioned I think of you. New stuff to talk about now.

If James was outside coming through the door and got through the door and if he was then shot could he have bounced off of the door frame, and fallen back forward landing with his feet toward the door. Just a possibility.

Is anyone familiar with the 2002 abduction of Jennifer Short? It is eerily similar! In 2002 a husband-wife and only daughter were living off a highway in South Carolina. The parents were each shot in the head and the 9-year-old was kidnapped and found 1 month later.

Is anyone familiar with the 2002 abduction of Jennifer Short? It is eerily similar! In 2002 a husband-wife and only daughter were living off a highway in South Carolina. The parents were each shot in the head and the 9-year-old was kidnapped and found 1 month later.
Yes! I am familiar with that case.

I think a lot of details are left unsaid. When somebody comes in and are a suspect only they know the details. I'm sure they have had many nuts confess to murders just for the outing.
LE will tell only what they need to tell. I think they are doing an amazing job. Like I said earlier I love this experienced FBI Rapid Response Team that moves in and takes right over.

How many investigators are working on this case? The county sheriffs department couldn’t have many detectives.

I know the discussion of kids on SM has slowed but I just wanted to tell a precautionary tale. Even in this day and age of parents being aware and kids being warned about all the dangers....local 12 year old boy, on a gaming site/platform thinking he was in a private conversation inviting a friend over to play, managed to publicly post his full address, landline number, keypad code to garage door and his parents work schedules. Other kid's mother saw it and called his mom. Grounded for 1 year from all electronics that are not directly school related and new curfew and chore list. Plus he got to pay for all the new surveillance cameras.

The simplest explanation is still that the perp (or perps?) was there to take Jayme and killed the parents because they got in the way. To me, that is the only one that doesn't have any major drawbacks. Any theory revolving around one (or both) of the parents being a target just doesn't hold much water when you consider the fact that she was taken.

I couldn’t imagine living that way. Not being critical, I know many people who live the same way. And it baffles me. I’m naive, I know, I always want to think the best. Probably be the death of me someday.
I live in a township that is 105 square miles with a population of 32,000. Suburbia for NYC and Northern NJ.

Since the 80s we currently have 4 unsolved murders. Two were in the victims homes. One a hunter and the other a woman who disappeared six years before her remains were found down the road from where I currently live.

A HS friend of mine and former DC police officer was visiting town and awakened during the night. He was stabbed by a burglar that was never caught.

I keep a loaded 12 gauge legal short barreled shotgun in the bedroom with a cartridge in the chamber. My attitude is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

I wonder why it took so long to call LE? 20 mins is a long time.

I wonder if the bathroom was in the basement.

LE is saying they do not know who called. Apparently the phone was not found by the mother’s body?

If Jayme has a phone, then it was not her phone that was used. If she has the phone, it should have pinged at some point unless because she used it all day it was charging overnight?

Thinking about your question, I'm trying to visualize what may have happened. Is it possible that dad was shot and killed at the door. Mom came running out of the bedroom, tried to lock herself in the bathroom and failed. Between the time that dad was shot and mom called 911, during the 25 minutes between 12:31AM and 12:56AM, did mom remain silent to protect Jayme? Let's suppose Jayme was seen at 12:50, and it took a few minutes for mom to get her phone. Maybe Jayme was already in a vehicle before mom phoned 911.

- just some early thoughts trying to understand this

The simplest explanation is still that the perp (or perps?) was there to take Jayme and killed the parents because they got in the way. To me, that is the only one that doesn't have any major drawbacks. Any theory revolving around one (or both) of the parents being a target just doesn't hold much water when you consider the fact that she was taken.

I agree. I don’t understand the idea that Denise was the target moreso than Jayme.

God forgive me, but is it possible that Jayme is still somewhere in the house, in some hidden location, deceased?

I know that sounds far fetched, but there was a woman not too long ago, who was missing for a couple of years. Turns out, her body was located between walls in her attic- how she got there, is anyone's guess. New owners kept complaining about an odd smell, and that's how they found her.

I think there’s a good chance DC and JC ran somewhere to hide possibly even in different locations in the house, maybe in the basement, when they heard the confrontation between the perp and dad at the front door. That might explain the length of time between the dad being shot at the front door (if it happened at 12:31) and the 911 call 20 minutes later. Maybe there had been a chase in the house when they were discovered with lots of screaming as heard in the call. Wherever the mom was killed it only took LE up to 5 minutes to find her after finding the dad at the front door.

Ok I’m pressed for time and won’t be able to read some of the previous pages until later. So I apologize if it’s already been posted blah blah yadda yadda...

I heard Banfield on HLN while driving again today interviewing the Sheriff after the search (she’s proving to have some great access!) and where is @Dum-Dum Sucker with the transcript?!? I can’t seem to find them OR the videos online. But I need to listen to the whole thing.
CNN.com - Transcripts

(hope I did this right @EJB123456)

Forgive me if someone has already suggested this. In reading, it seems we keep coming back to the door kicked in and whether or not Dad was already there. Did he open the door? Did he kick the door in himself?

I’ve read people’s opinions and it seems most think he had to have opened the door and been shot from the outside in order for his feet to be the first thing police see as they drive up. I’m no expert, but wonder...

What if dad did drive up, see a car that doesn’t belong there. Maybe he peeks in and sees perps or someone restrained. He decides to kick the door in to draw attention and hopefully get the upper hand. Now, I don’t know the layout of the house, but what if a Perp was standing off to the side - 90 degrees from the doorway. Perp shoots dad. If it is from the side, would it not be possible for dad to fall into the house? Maybe even rotate a bit and fall on his side or back?

Not sure I really believe this is what happened. If it is, why didn’t dad call 911 before kicking in door? Anyway, just another view. JMO

He is most likely a web sleuths member. I think he is just being morbid.

If he is a member here he hasn't been on for a while nor paying very close attention. Jacob Wetterling was found 2 years ago and someone confessed: Jacob Wetterling - Wikipedia

He may have been intoxicated (meth is big in the area-- or so I read here) or perhaps is someone who likes to try to freak other people out for his own enjoyment. JMO.

I know the discussion of kids on SM has slowed but I just wanted to tell a precautionary tale. Even in this day and age of parents being aware and kids being warned about all the dangers....local 12 year old boy, on a gaming site/platform thinking he was in a private conversation inviting a friend over to play, managed to publicly post his full address, landline number, keypad code to garage door and his parents work schedules. Other kid's mother saw it and called his mom. Grounded for 1 year from all electronics that are not directly school related and new curfew and chore list. Plus he got to pay for all the new surveillance cameras.
Yes, you always hear about some of the antics with kids and social media. But you have to remember these are just kids and they do have parents. Parents, I would like to believe, have more of a role than just providing for their children. A lot of the SM misbehavior should fall squarely on the parent's shoulders. JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member