AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa. That was a plea directly to Jayme from her Aunt. Not an abductor. Almost like trying to appeal to her emotions and sensibilities. Weird.

JMO.

Can anyone else remember another case like that? Was it AH in NH (I think those were her initials...)?

I read it as a "be strong" message for her. Great attempt to personalize and humanize her for her potential captors. Also think they are trying to eliminate people from a large pool, hence the plea to self identify if you were on Hwy 8 between 12:30 and 1:30 on the 15th. I feel like their suspect is in that community whether they have identified them as such or not yet.

DNA is useless unless the perp had previously been involved in some kind of crime that would require him giving a sample. Very few people have their DNA on file.

Can I ask a lingering question about that? With what they know about DNA now, wouldn't they be able to at a minimum, provide gender and nationality information from just about any DNA? I know that you need the DNA of the accused for a complete match, but couldn't some of those online ancestry sites be used to get valuable information to help surmise potential suspects?

If I am not mistaken, there was a case that was recently solved doing something similar.

It's my opinion that LE has no clue what happened to Jayme, no clue where she might be, no clue who took/has her and no idea where to start looking for her.

First clue was when they released the vehicle photographs the other day.
They couldn't find or locate any info on the vehicles and that's why they went public and requested "help".

ETA: I hope I am so wrong on this belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15