AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if no one grabbed the cell phone from the caller? What if the battery simply died and that is why it couldn't be reached? Maybe no one turned it off - it just had enough juice to make the call and allow the dispatch to listen in for the 1 minute or so and then, it died. If that happened, it might mean that the perp(s) didn't actually know that 911 had been called at all? Maybe they didn't hear dispatch trying to talk to anyone? Maybe they left the area with Jayme because they'd just killed the parents and that was the plan - kill and go with Jayme?

I’m starting to see that as a very good possibility. Do you think this was personal? I keep thinking it is & I can’t shake it. I just don’t think this was a stranger. I think one of the victims knew the perp. MOO

I think so - Just My Very Humble Opinion (JMVHO).

Upstream, it was mentioned that James was a "Lead" at Jennie-O. If so, James would then be overseeing employees who were performing the "hands-on" poultry processing at Jennie-O. (I don't which process this would have been; I don't believe we have this information right now.)

D
ear Husband (DH) was also a lead for several years at the company where we both worked. Same basic job definition as above, overseeing "hands-on" work of the product we were building.

My husband's comment, when I told him that James was a lead: "Sounds like a disgruntled employee. Start looking at who was absent from work after this happened".

I'll try and find a Main Stream Media (MSM) article that indicated James was a lead at Jennie-O.

I've bolded the first letter of the Websleuths' acronyms for new members.

ETA: I've snagged a post by @Whiskers16 regarding James' employment:

WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #5

Last edited:
Page 1 of every thread has a compilation of news reports, pictures, etc. Plus TOS and reminders about victim blaming, sleuthing the family etc.
I don't think a sketch of a structure would in any way be considered victim blaming or sleuthing family. It's a building, not a person. I'll wait and see what the Mods say.

ccd is taught on weeknights, Su day School is mostly for kids to get church, without sitting in church getting bored,and it's geared to each grades level of understanding.
CCD was taught on Sundays when I was growing up as well as in the last church I attended most recently. I’ve never heard of Wednesday night CCD but’s times are changing and there are likely regional differences. We never had, nor have I seen, anything Catholic called Sunday School that wasn’t actually CCD. Mostly, the Catholic Church encourages children to attend mass, not be babysat somewhere else. In my day we had cry rooms where families with small children were in a glassed in room so they could see and hear without disturbing others but still teach their children what mass was about from the cradle on.

Bottom line is that Jayme most likely attended CCD classes regularly since she and her mom were described as being very active in church.

My back of the napkin estimates:
Sales figures for Challengers from 2008-2014: 265,792 vehicles sold
source: Dodge Challenger US car sales figures

Based on WI population (assuming they purchase at the same rate, I don't know) I would expect there to be 4729 sold here

Based on Barron County population I would expect 37 Challengers sold here

This is for all Challengers, not just red/orange and doesn't account for regional sales variations and those cars which are no longer on the road. My guess is they have accounted for all those in Barron County because it can't be that many to begin with.

So maybe they are just looking at where these cars have been spotted. Looking for Jayme???

What if no one grabbed the cell phone from the caller? What if the battery simply died and that is why it couldn't be reached? Maybe no one turned it off - it just had enough juice to make the call and allow the dispatch to listen in for the 1 minute or so and then, it died. If that happened, it might mean that the perp(s) didn't actually know that 911 had been called at all? Maybe they didn't hear dispatch trying to talk to anyone? Maybe they left the area with Jayme because they'd just killed the parents and that was the plan - kill and go with Jayme?
I dunno. The 911 call apparently contained yelling. The implication is that there was some sort of struggle still ongoing at that point.

For the phone do die at that precise moment, is less likely than it being hung up.

I look forward to hearing the results. I have not heard live gunshots in over 30 years. just on TV.
I'm so used to hearing them I don't even notice anymore. The only shots I will always remember, are the ones I described hearing inside a house where a murder took place. The victim was followed throughout the house and shot six times. Those were the loudest shots I ever heard, and I can still hear them in my head whenever I think about it. I thought the same thing the neighbors did. I thought it was just hunters.

Curious if most plug their cell phones in to charge at night - I do. No landline - need my cell for communications. If they had disconnected their landline (911 operator call transcript) and the phones were not cut (because there was no active landline) Mom would definitely have a charged phone IMO. We don't know for sure how many cell phones they had.

This first photo is the Google StreetView of the railroad crossing nearest the Closs house (looking in the direction of their house).

View attachment 152822

Notice how it's very grown up as if it's not in use.

This second photo is a crossing in Barron. Notice the rocks placed across the tracks. Obviously not in use.

View attachment 152824

Are the tracks used now because of frac sand?

Is frac sand monitored by Homeland Security? Since 9-11 a lot of information about things that are transported are not transparent.

The controvery over fracking might be one such thing

The problem is we don't know what kind of gun it is that was used.
if he uses a 12ga then it is one of the louder there is, maybe not the loudest period, but one of. shooting one outdoors makes my teeth chatter from the boom, but indoors it was barely a pop. how much stuff around in a enclosed space makes the difference. couches etc absorb the sound. it wont be a end all test, but as for sound it will give a very good idea.

Published 42m ago (article is behind a paywall)
FBI offers $25,000 reward in disappearance of Jayme Closs

5bd1f80208d9e.jpg
Photo caption:
JS, left, at microphone, who is Jayme Closs’ aunt and godmother, issues a plea for her niece’s safe return during a press conference held Wednesday afternoon, Oct. 24, 2018, at the Barron County Justice Center. With her is her sister, SA, holding Jayme’s dog.

Preview:
An official with the FBI's Milwaukee office has announced that the agency is offering a reward of $25,000 for information leading to the arrest of a suspect in the murders of Barron residents Jim and Denise Closs and the abduction of their 13-year-old daughter, Jayme.

Justin Tolomeo, Special Agent In Charge for the FBI's Milwaukee office, offered the reward at a press conference at 4 o'clock Wednesday afternoon, Oct. 24, 2018, at the Barron County Justice Center.

Respectfully snipped to save space.

Thank you very much for your amazing post and explanation of how SIO's work on murder cases. It really helps to understand how these investigations work from a point of view of the folks like yourself who work these cases. I have nothing but respect for you all- this can't be an easy job to do!

Really kind of you to say so and I thank you most sincerely.
It is a hard job but it’s very fulfilling and the relationships that you develop with victims / families is life long and you know in your heart that you have helped create a little light amongst the darkness when you are able to help bring answers/closure/resolution etc..
I love it and wouldn’t change it for the world albeit since having my own children, I find child cases particularly difficult nowadays .

And to take the human element away for a nanosecond, it’s also a very interesting job and I get to witness other professionals ie post mortem technicians , Entemologists , Psychologists etc doing their own roles and I learn soooo much from each individual.

But I get most of my satisfaction by helping those in need x

That has been my position for a long time-- ever since they put out that they wanted to talk to anyone who has ever had a "misunderstanding" with the family. This is someone who murdered two people to get her. He isn't going to talk to LE if he hears the words "kidnapping" or "abduction". The Sheriff even avoided repeating the word "suspect" when the reporter asked. That doesn't mean there is no suspect but it could mean they don't want to use that word because they are trying to open a dialogue with him. They need to appeal to his ego and make it seem like "no big deal" if he didn't get along with Jayme's parents. Just like they would do if they were talking to him in an interview room before arrest. JMO.

If perhaps LE is trying to open dialogue with this person, I feel the person involved may be young, knows Jayme, is aware about the love she has for her dog. 'Just return Jayme'.

I think this person is young, inexperienced in life, and LE are making this sound that, 'it will be sorted out', if Jayme is returned. Would an older person, fall for this dialogue, knowing of the crimes committed? o_O
MOO.

They removed a mattress, nightstand and boxes when they went back.

I also noticed they were doing a lot of looking around the porch. Not sure if it’s significant.

IMO a cold blooded killer that just murdered 2 people, couldn’t care less about dehumanizing.

The family seemed cold. And appeared to be inticing Jayme with her dog, favorite drink, grandpa, etc. it was directed to Jayme. Almost as though they were reminding her of the things she loves. Possibly 1 of 2 reasons (1- to encourage Jayme to escape, give her strength to fight etc 2- simply just to ask her to come home)
Iirc It was said a mattress was removed. Which is interesting when you consider how tight lipped LE is in this case.
I guess they took the mattress to look for non-occupant DNA

I think a road rage incident is possible...maybe cars were racing or driving wildy, he honked, whatever...and was followed to his door. After that...went from bad to worse. Maybe Diane came out with a gun, so she was shot. And Jayme taken out of desperation/confusion. But not convinced either way.
I agree with a concept of pure anger. Could have been a “Road Rage” deal. And I’ve wondered since he was a manager at the plant, wether he may have fired someone that night. They may have waited until he got off work and followed him home. No telling the reason. And it’s just before the holidays.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members