AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would bet that if LE publicly asks for information on two specific vehicles seen in the area that night that they are fairly confident that those vehicles are involved in some way.

Likewise, they didn't ask the owners to come forward. Rather, they asked the public to share information about seeing them in the area. Why is that?

JMO.
Those particular vehicles may not be accounted for. They are asking anyone driving those vehicles to come forward in case they saw anything that night. Since they have not come forward, they may well be involved. We just dont know, but I think it's possible. Jmo

I don’t own a gun, noises at my door at that time of night. 911. Let them deal with bear on porch. I would never open my door!

I'm not sure he opened it. My suspicion is that he heard noises and went to look out of the window - just as the door was kicked in. He may have stumbled or been pushed back by the door - in any event, they then shot him (possibly in part due to the surprise of finding him standing there.)

"Advised the door has been kicked in" in the 911 log may mean that the officer was documenting that he had gained the entry to the house. In fact, I believe that. I can see the officer kicking in the door since he cannot see what's behind the door. He needs to keep himself safe. MOO
This is an excellent point.

The bloggers son can’t just dial 911 anymore? That doesn’t sound right imo. I personally think it’s great that these safety features such as tapping the volume button 5 times even exist. I’m not going to be mad that the security feature (that we didn’t have like 4 years ago) May have changed or that I need to manually go in and change my own settings. JMO
My point was that we may learn what to do and then update our OS innocently and not realize the urgent method to access it may have changed under the covers. Like if you're in a situation where you have to sneakily access the feature and not just look at the screen during a normal emergency. Yet I also understand that it can't be a one or two button press, or putting a phone in a pocket or purse will trigger a call all the time.I can't report on the blogger other than to post her link here. Not sure why her son couldn't just learn the normal method of accessing the phone app, which hasn't changed, <modsnip - blog not allowed>. Maybe she thought teaching him a few button pushes and a swipe was easier than a button push, finding the phone icon and then tapping 9-1-1 was easier... Powerful Emergency Features on Your Phone You Didn’t Know You Had

I was searching for an answer to whether more than one perp was a likely scenario thinking I would find it was a very low percentage but according to this study (https://www.ojjdp.gov/pubs/249249.pdf) it was 48% of all stereotypical kidnappings in 1997 and 17% in 2011.

Of those know to law enforcement, most kidnappers were male (75%) most were ages 18 to 35 (73%), 70 percent were unemployed, and roughly half had problems with drugs or alcohol.

Technologies, such as cell phones and the Internet, helped law enforcement to solve crimes involving two-thirds of the victims.

This crime has other elements that might make these statistics less relevant, but an interesting read.

Though rare: could be indeed a psychopathic killer and a random target.......and that's that
OR
I am still thinking about some stalker....someone who NO ONE would suspect...not known to family as in a close friend...but someone they see/interact with regularly.....

Could be that Jayme was lured in by a stalker...she told absolutely no one....

I want to be utterly clear that regardless Jayme had nothing to do with her parents death.....she is hardly more than a child....
BUT....
I keep thinking about how the perps hung out for 20-30 minutes.....and once the call made: viola! They vanish...
Yeah..maybe they saw that the 911 had been made
OR
the call was staged...the 'help' - the shouting....
Perps are ready to go....make the call....make it sound like one thing when really it's another........
AGAIN want to be clear: Jayme is indeed a victim in whatever happened that night.....

Speculation here...speculation I've speculated upon from the get-go.......

That’s the other big clue... who made the 911 call, the timeline when the shots were heard by the neighbor and the time elapsed from when the 911 call was made, and the quick get away. The first responders was there in four minutes after the 911 call!

The silence on the end of the caller, with yelling in the background, suggests to me the caller wanted help but was silenced by the offender, followed by the quick getaway.

I’ll call it a night. Hang in there. Hopefully, more answers will come soon.

Do we know from whose phone the 911 call came? What if the call came from a neighbor who heard the shots and came to help? They come upon the front door with James lying there and call it in as a murder/suicide?

Do we know from whose phone the 911 call came? What if the call came from a neighbor who heard the shots and came to help? They come upon the front door with James lying there and call it in as a murder/suicide?
The call came from the mom’s phone.

Last edited:
Though rare: could be indeed a psychopathic killer and a random target.......and that's that
OR
I am still thinking about some stalker....someone who NO ONE would suspect...not known to family as in a close friend...but someone they see/interact with regularly.....

Could be that Jayme was lured in by a stalker...she told absolutely no one....

I want to be utterly clear that regardless Jayme had nothing to do with her parents death.....she is hardly more than a child....
BUT....
I keep thinking about how the perps hung out for 20-30 minutes.....and once the call made: viola! They vanish...
Yeah..maybe they saw that the 911 had been made
OR
the call was staged...the 'help' - the shouting....
Perps are ready to go....make the call....make it sound like one thing when really it's another........
AGAIN want to be clear: Jayme is indeed a victim in whatever happened that night.....

Speculation here...speculation I've speculated upon from the get-go.......
I have to agree to disagree.....Dad knew who was at door. I live in a rural area, I check first.they knew their killers.

From Thread #6 - Clarification on Dispatch Log Reports:

MAN DID NOT ANSWER DOOR FOR POLICE (It was open when LE arrived)

[snip]
Sheriff Fitzgerald says a 911 call came in around 1A.M. The call came from a cell phone inside the residence but it’s not known who made the call. “We could hear yelling in the background on this 911 call, not much information," said Fitzgerald.
He says the call lasted less than a minute and the only word that can be understood is “help”.

"Deputies arrived at that address a short time after the call ended to find no one around on the outside,” Sheriff Fitzgerald says as deputies approached the house, they saw the front door was open and there was a deceased male in that front door way. Officers later found a deceased female while searching the rest of the home. BBM
[snip]
UPDATE: Sheriff: Missing girl was in home at the time of the murders

ETA: Index post #336 for future reference

I have wondered for a while now why Jayme is not listed as being abducted or kidnapped, just that she's missing. Is there any confirmation anywhere that Jayme was actually in the house that night? Is there any possibility that she might not have been there at all?

Police have confirmed that Jayme WAS at the house during the crime. How? They did not specify (footprints in blood? or her being heard on 911 call?)

I very much think police are not listing her kidnapped as they still do not know for sure... If she was either kidnapped or run out of the house in distress and disappeared...

PS: I am very glad that they are doing search behind the house finally today. Lots of woods there though.

My point was that we may learn what to do and then update our OS innocently and not realize the urgent method to access it may have changed under the covers. Like if you're in a situation where you have to sneakily access the feature and not just look at the screen during a normal emergency. Yet I also understand that it can't be a one or two button press, or putting a phone in a pocket or purse will trigger a call all the time.I can't report on the blogger other than to post her link here. Not sure why her son couldn't just learn the normal method of accessing the phone app, which hasn't changed, <modsnip - blog not allowed>. Maybe she thought teaching him a few button pushes and a swipe was easier than a button push, finding the phone icon and then tapping 9-1-1 was easier... Powerful Emergency Features on Your Phone You Didn’t Know You Had

Sure it’s a bummer that an emergency feature changes, but IME when you read the details of the iOS updates beforehand, they tell you what’s changing. It just goes to show how we take things for granted. There used to be a time where if you weren’t near a payphone or landline, you weren’t making a call.

I unfortunately had to call 911 this summer when I thought my husband was having a stroke. I manually dialed it on my cell phone. Idk what that blogger is complaining about.

ETA - I am reading that post as the blogger saying her son can’t manually dial 911 anymore but maybe I am reading it wrong? I am confused
I didn't realize my post would create such a ruckus. Can only tell you what the blogger said that her 4.5 yr old son could no longer do when Apple updated to iOS 10. I looked up previous OSs. Maybe all he had to do was push the Home button and then tap an Emergency icon and now has to do a series of button presses, and was never able to press Home, find the phone icon and remember 911. Ask the blogger ! My post was meant to be helpful, not start a huge discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine