AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There has to be a motivating factoring for murdering 2 hard working adults and taking their child. I can only think the motivating factor was to take Jayme and the parents would know who did it so they had to die.

We can't be sleuthing this guy on the thread.

Here is what we can do. I will allow a bit of sleuthing on the guy who was arrested for breaking into the home but since the sheriff said he has nothing to do with Jayme's disappearance it safe to assume this guy did not kill Jayme's parents. The person or person's who killed Jayme's parents also took Jayme. That is a logical and safe assumption.
You don't have some random guy killing the parents and then a totally different person taking Jayme.

This man, according to the sheriff, is not involved in Jayme's disappearance. Do not go there. If people start trying to connect him to the kidnapping we'll stop all discussion of this person.

LE has admitted to the public they have surveillance at the Closs home. I think they told the public this so that people would hopefully stay away from it and not try to enter. I do not think LE is thinking the perp will return there.

Does the man who broke into the Closs's home have a car? How did he get out to the house? Did a friend drive him? When he was discovered, was there a car? Where was he going to take the items he had picked up there? He was listed as homeless so was he going to just sleep under a tree with the items in a bag?

By now they they have closed out the majority of tips and have gone through all cell phone and computer evidence, I would think. They have analysed the 911 call. Most likely have interviewed several people. Does not sound like they suspect a coworker, so far. I really think the key to solving this is one or both of those cars. They are still out there, and have not been accounted for. As far as we know. They may even have a lead on one of them right now. In my opinion, it will be the vehicle and or a tip that will be the breakthrough in solving this crime. There are still tips coming in. Someone must know something. It's just a matter of time before they find the right lead. Jmo

Even if they don’t like the drowned Monte Carlo in Osh Kosh, why isn’t there news on the VIN number??

LE has admitted to the public they have surveillance at the Closs home. I think they told the public this so that people would hopefully stay away from it and not try to enter. I do not think LE is thinking the perp will return there.

We've had cases where killers have returned to the body but a double murderer and kidnapper returning to this house would have to be a first wouldn't it?

Im still a little surprised they admitted they have motion detection cameras placed there.

Im very impressed with the quick response time and DCI, FBI and the Sheriffs department working well together though.

The hardest cases for all investigators to solve are those where there isn't any familiar link between the victims and the murderer or kidnapper.

The easiest cases of all to solve for police is when there are familiar links between the victims and the perpetrators. Even if the familiar link is a mere acquaintance...neighbor...coworker etc.

But we also have to remember it takes time to get the results back from the lab concerning the evidence found at the scene.

They may test something first that may yield no results and then go onto the next item of evidence and on down the line. It's a tedious process.

I have seen some high profile cases remain unsolved for a couple of months then finally when the lab gets a valuable hit from the DNA profile of the suspect an announcement was made then naming the suspect and their arrest.

It's really not like a CSI show where everything is completed in less than a hour.

Labs everywhere are backlogged and there are high profile cases happening everywhere in most all states unfortunately.

Jmo

Yes, they have admitted surveillance but what I don't understand is why the back door was left unlocked. If Jayme left on her own, perhaps LE believes she will return?

Does the man who broke into the Closs's home have a car? How did he get out to the house? Did a friend drive him? When he was discovered, was there a car? Where was he going to take the items he had picked up there? He was listed as homeless so was he going to just sleep under a tree with the items in a bag?

I can't answer your last question, but everything else you should find in the "criminal complaint" that has been shared a few times, most recently see post #488 by BeeGirl, page 25.

Just checking in today and found the latest activity here! (no news coverage of this where I live) The man they arrested for breaking into the house is just plain CREEPY!! I hope they keep him locked up for a long time. Glad LE set up cameras by the home for this very reason! Sounds like LE is still very active in this case. I still can't make sense of this crime and the evil behind it. Hoping for a break and some answers!

The hardest cases for all investigators to solve are those where there isn't any familiar link between the victims and the murderer or kidnapper.

The easiest cases of all to solve for police is when there are familiar links between the victims and the perpetrators. Even if the familiar link is a mere acquaintance...neighbor...coworker etc.

But we also have to remember it takes time to get the results back from the lab concerning the evidence found at the scene.

They may test something first that may yield no results and then go onto the next item of evidence and on down the line. It's a tedious process.

I have seen some high profile cases remain unsolved for a couple of months then finally when the lab gets a valuable hit from the DNA profile of the suspect an announcement was made then naming the suspect and their arrest.

It's really not like a CSI show where everything is completed in less than a hour.

Labs everywhere are backlogged and there are high profile cases happening everywhere in most all states unfortunately.

Jmo
Fortunately in this case, there are exigent circumstances in the form of a kidnapping victim.

Because of this, any lab tests would be expedited here.

There is a life hanging in the balance.

Yes, they have admitted surveillance but what I don't understand is why the back door was left unlocked. If Jayme left on her own, perhaps LE believes she will return?
It’s shocking that the door was left unlocked, but this seems like some sort of an oversight.

I don’t think anyone believes that Jayme left on her own, least of all law enforcement.

I believe Jennie-O is a processing plant. There wouldn’t be money there, I don’t think.

Another potential motive that I’m only half considering is what if Jayme did have sexual relations with an older man and she became pregnant? Say the parents found out, the unsub would then have motive to kill the parents if they could ID him. Jayme would be taken as she herself and the baby’s dna would be evidence to who he is.

I hope LE is getting closer to finding Jayme and the abdusctor(s)/killers.
If the abduction theory is what we are going with I am putting my money on an older man (older than Jayme) but not necessarily anyone she had direct contact with. He would have to be old enough to live on his own where no one would notice him keeping a hostage. He likely lives somewhere that neighbors can't see him coming and going and they aren't close enough to hear what might be going on if she tried to scream. He might be leaving her alone during the day while he continues to go to work or whatever he does so things appear normal.

If the abduction theory is what we are going with I am putting my money on an older man (older than Jayme) but not necessarily anyone she had direct contact with. He would have to be old enough to live on his own where no one would notice him keeping a hostage. He likely lives somewhere that neighbors can't see him coming and going and they aren't close enough to hear what might be going on if she tried to scream. He might be leaving her alone during the day while he continues to go to work or whatever he does so things appear normal.
I agree that he is certainly older, and has an ability to avoid unwanted attention.

I don’t think he’s leaving her alone, as I believe that she is dead, and has been for some time.

We’re all hoping that’s not the case though.

I agree that he is certainly older, and has an ability to avoid unwanted attention.

I don’t think he’s leaving her alone, as I believe that she is dead, and has been for some time.

Also possible. They could be hiding the body in or around their home waiting until they have a opportunity to dispose of it.
If it was someone wanting her and when he got her it likely didn't live up to his fantasy.

We've had cases where killers have returned to the body but a double murderer and kidnapper returning to this house would have to be a first wouldn't it?

Im still a little surprised they admitted they have motion detection cameras placed there.

Im very impressed with the quick response time and DCI, FBI and the Sheriffs department working well together though.

If a killer/abductor generally doesn't return to the house where his or her murders/abduction took place - which is certainly true - and despite this LE has installed motion-activated cameras at the house where a killing/potential abduction took place, then who would they be thinking they might catch on camera returning to the house?

JMO.

I hope you're incorrect but sadly odds are she too is deceased. She was taken by a murderer and imo that makes her odds even less that she's alive. I truly hope she is and we have seen it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CameraSnap