AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the man who broke into the Closs's home have a car? How did he get out to the house? Did a friend drive him? When he was discovered, was there a car? Where was he going to take the items he had picked up there? He was listed as homeless so was he going to just sleep under a tree with the items in a bag?

It's not super far to walk from town, only a few miles. Also in the previous case against him he was accused of stealing a bicycle (See page 5 under Court News): http://www.cumberland-advocate.com/sites/default/files/*advertiser censored*-2018-08-22-a-001 e-edition.pdf
That bike was returned to the owners but his history seems to show he would take whatever he wanted. He could have "borrowed" a bike again. The owners of that previous case took extra precaution to try to secure their door and he still undid the screws and entered to take the daughters clothing.

Seems like a determined thief but not a very bright one to steal from the Closs family. JMO. That might have been a factor in why LE quickly ruled him out for the disappearance of Jayme. This is no criminal mastermind. JMO.

If a killer/abductor generally doesn't return to the house where his or her murders/abduction took place - which is certainly true - and despite this LE has installed motion-activated cameras at the house where a killing/potential abduction took place, then who would they be thinking they might catch on camera returning to the house?

JMO.
Not a bad question/point.

If a killer/abductor generally doesn't return to the house where his or her murders/abduction took place - which is certainly true - and despite this LE has installed motion-activated cameras at the house where a killing/potential abduction took place, then who would they be thinking they might catch on camera returning to the house?

JMO.
looters, kids for drinking, drugs, knowing the place is vacant and nobody is returning, homeless, etc.

If the abduction theory is what we are going with I am putting my money on an older man (older than Jayme) but not necessarily anyone she had direct contact with. He would have to be old enough to live on his own where no one would notice him keeping a hostage. He likely lives somewhere that neighbors can't see him coming and going and they aren't close enough to hear what might be going on if she tried to scream. He might be leaving her alone during the day while he continues to go to work or whatever he does so things appear normal.

I personally think this is a very likely scenario. I know I have said this before and it's not the most popular opinion but I do believe Jayme is still alive. I think its someone who watched them, specifically Jayme from afar. I know I have said this before but I really hope they are looking through employment records at Jenny-O dating back 5 years. Not only because the parents both work there but also because it is one of the larger employers in town. I think its also possible the perp is currently unemployed for any number of reasons, not necessarily due to being fired.

Fortunately in this case, there are exigent circumstances in the form of a kidnapping victim.

Because of this, any lab tests would be expedited here.

There is a life hanging in the balance.

I agree with what you have written. I always do. LOL

But there have been other victims in Jayme's same situation with parents murdered and child or children kidnapped and the evidence wasnt returned quickly.

Some labs go by what comes in first because all investigators think their case is far more important than others. So to be fair many have decided on a first case basis.

I can only remember two cases where the evidence was fasttracked and both of those were mass murders.

One was the 5 Gee family members and the other one was when 8 Heinz family members were murdered in Georgia.

Jmo

In regards to them saying they know she was there, if she had a cellphone and it wasn't found in the home that could mean they had the records and it was shown as being there at the time of the murders. She might have used it in the time prior to the murder and 911 call and it showed as using a tower near the house.

Also possible. They could be hiding the body in or around their home waiting until they have a opportunity to dispose of it.
If it was someone wanting her and when he got her it likely didn't live up to his fantasy.
In general (although this case doesn’t come close to being average), these victims are abused and then quickly killed.

Hopefully this one doesn’t follow that pattern. Most of the time their fantasy doesn’t equal reality.

If the abduction theory is what we are going with I am putting my money on an older man (older than Jayme) but not necessarily anyone she had direct contact with. He would have to be old enough to live on his own where no one would notice him keeping a hostage. He likely lives somewhere that neighbors can't see him coming and going and they aren't close enough to hear what might be going on if she tried to scream. He might be leaving her alone during the day while he continues to go to work or whatever he does so things appear normal.
I think the chances of her being alive and held captive are very low. But as we know it has happened before, and that is probably one reason why LE will continue the investigation in hopes that they will find her alive. Jmo

I agree with what you have written. I always do. LOL

But there have been other victims in Jayme's same situation with parents murdered and child or children kidnapped and the evidence wasnt returned quickly.

Some labs go by what comes in first because all investigators think their case is far more important than others. So to be fair many have decided on a first case basis.

I can only remember two cases where the evidence was fasttracked and both of those were mass murders.

One was the 5 Gee family members and the other one was when 8 Heinz family members were murdered in Georgia.

Jmo
Yeah. You’re absolutely right that most of the time, evidence is not fast tracked.

I just think that with the FBI involved here, and the fact that they have their own lab, they won’t have to wait any length of time to get testing done.

JMO.
People exactly like this pantie thief. When a crime gets this much publicity, a murder scene can draw a lot of interest.

In the not too distant past, people used to remove entire structures as trophies. It doesn’t happen as much today, but it’s still a concern.

In this case, a well founded one.

The latest Sheriff's post is what everyone is discussing (BBM):

October 29, 2018 Update

We have received over 2000 tips and have closed over 1875 of them and continue to work on this case. Please continue to call in your tips 1-855-744-3879 or jaymetips@co.barron.wi.us and we will bring Jayme home.

There is a tip out there that will break this case, keep them coming in. Thank you again for the community support behind the law enforcement effort on this case.

Also on Saturday Oct 27, 2018 we arrested Kyle Jaenke, 32 of Cameron for Burglary at the Closs home. Jaenke has been cleared of any involvement in the disappearance but was charged in Barron County Court today with Burglary and Bail Jumping.

Sheriff Fitzgerald

Barron County Sheriff's Department
I love how that was just so casually mentioned. Before I left for the afternoon after reading that, I couldn't find anywhere where the sheriff addressed this with the media. I am just wondering in my mind, what would be the purpose of even posting this to the public- especially about the motion detection cameras. No doubt LE has a great reason for doing so, but it's a puzzle to me, as the perp now knows there's cameras there.

I wonder if this is why they didn't fix the front door of the house, leaving it open for anyone that wanted to go in. I know there was a tarp or sheet over it, but I find it strange for them to just leave it like that.

People exactly like this pantie thief. When a crime gets this much publicity, a murder scene can draw a lot of interest.

In the not too distant past, people used to remove entire structures as trophies. It doesn’t happen as much today, but it’s still a concern.

In this case, a well founded one.

Yeah, but a pantie thief and those like him have no investigative benefit to this case, and they aren't going to corrupt the crime scene at this point because they are finished with it. So, why still have cameras there if the likelihood that a random killer will return is pretty much zilch?

Can you please provide a link for us? Thank you.
Sure. The Sheriff said the person involved with the burglary was cleared.
Barron County Sheriff's Department

At no other time in any interview, or press conference has the Sheriff named anyone who was cleared - this person today is the first time he said this about anyone.

Yeah. You’re absolutely right that most of the time, evidence is not fast tracked.

I just think that with the FBI involved here, and the fact that they have their own lab, they won’t have to wait any length of time to get testing done.

I truly understand your logic but in other cases with the same set of circumstances they also had the FBI on the ground immediately collecting evidence at the crime scene to be sent to their lab.

Yet it still took many weeks or months for the results to be returned.

I truly wish they would be fast tracked but that doesn't seem to be the case.

The FBI is always involved when any minor child has been kidnapped.

Jmo

We don't know what valuables are still in the home...have they been removed by family? Televisions, computers, household items of value....

It isn't LE's job to protect the valuables in the home. It is only their job to protect the integrity of the investigation. And, to my knowledge the investigation of the home is over. So why still have cameras there? Also - is it even legal for LE to still have cameras there after returning the home to the family? Did they only tell the media they returned it to the family so that someone may see that and try to return?

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member