AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't LE's job to protect the valuables in the home. It is only their job to protect the integrity of the investigation. And, to my knowledge the investigation of the home is over. So why still have cameras there? Also - is it even legal for LE to still have cameras there after returning the home to the family? Did they only tell the media they returned it to the family so that someone may see that and try to return?

JMO.
Maybe the family requested them, and left the door unlocked, fearing if by some chance Jayme returns to the house she won't be locked out. Or maybe LE suggested it, in order to be as thorough as possible. Maybe for some reason they think the killer, or someone involved, may return to the scene, however unlikely that may be. Jmo

Last edited:
Most of us entertain a notion of an older man, or someone she had occasion to be in some communication with...
so: going to get a tad personal....to show just how easily an otherwise sheltered gal, with great parents can be, in one night, exposed to the most unsavory characters....

Try to be brief: when I was barely 13, new school: met couple seemingly nice girls. Stayed the night with one, other gal did too.

Now: there were no adults present, zero. No idea why...three 13 year olds on their own on weekend...now I look back, think not a good thing at all. Maybe mom/dad had to work....BUT
as it turns out one of these 13 year olds had a 'boyfriend' who was in early 20's ! He 'wouldn't let her go' as she said and would patrol after school to pick her up (I saw him)

And....these two gals were getting make up on, dressing up - and getting me to, as well: to do what, you ask? WALK THE STREETS! And hope to go to a party...
Now...these were not great residential streets...but that's their idea for the night: get dolled up and prowl the streets...

I was VERY uncomfortable......went along with it...as far as I recall nothing much happened...

When back at this girl's apartment, I more or less hid under the blankets, seriously, pretending too sleepy.....I don't think then I realized how upset, shell-shocked I was by the whole night, and all the icky information (I won't elaborate)...I thought about calling my parents to get me, but didn't

Next morning I was waiting outside for my dad to pick me up....I wanted OUT OF THERE

Point being: I didn't saying anything to my parents.....and I was LUCKY...but what if some guys had essentially 'picked us up' for a party (that's what the girl's were wanting)....??? Scary. I don't need to elaborate here either for any of you what could have occurred....

It's too easy to be exposed to shady characters......I'd like to know the background of all of Jayme's friends.....who/where/when she stayed the night, etc. etc.
Unbeknownst to her, she could have attracted a very bad person into her orbit.....

Hope this post is okay......
Us adults just don't think how kids do...and us adults who are good people can't think like the predators who are among us.....

Also possible. They could be hiding the body in or around their home waiting until they have a opportunity to dispose of it.
If it was someone wanting her and when he got her it likely didn't live up to his fantasy.

I have read articles in the past about the differences in where female murderers tend to discard bodies vs...the differences where male murderers tend to place the bodies of their victims.

Females tend to discard victims closer to where they themselves live.

However males tend to go much further away..some even hundreds of miles to discard their victims.

Imo

Ha. That would pretty much be proof that protection of property isn't/wasn't the goal of the cameras.

EDIT - It would also suggest that the cameras were installed AFTER LE cleared the crime scene, because they're not going to leave a door unlocked to an active crime scene. Hmm.

JMO.
Did LE install the cameras or did they just have access to viewing activity on them?

Maybe the family requested them, fearing if by some chance Jayme returns to the house she won't be locked out. Or maybe LE suggested it, in order to be as thorough as possible. Maybe for some reason they think the killer, or someone involved, may return to the scene, however unlikely that may be. Jmo
They might suspect the killer didn't find what they were looking for and might come back to get it.

Most of us entertain a notion of an older man, or someone she had occasion to be in some communication with...
so: going to get a tad personal....to show just how easily an otherwise sheltered gal, with great parents can be, in one night, exposed to the most unsavory characters....

Try to be brief: when I was barely 13, new school: met couple seemingly nice girls. Stayed the night with one, other gal did too.

Now: there were no adults present, zero. No idea why...three 13 year olds on their own on weekend...now I look back, think not a good thing at all. Maybe mom/dad had to work....BUT
as it turns out one of these 13 year olds had a 'boyfriend' who was in early 20's ! He 'wouldn't let her go' as she said and would patrol after school to pick her up (I saw him)

And....these two gals were getting make up on, dressing up - and getting me to, as well: to do what, you ask? WALK THE STREETS! And hope to go to a party...
Now...these were not great residential streets...but that's their idea for the night: get dolled up and prowl the streets...

I was VERY uncomfortable......went along with it...as far as I recall nothing much happened...

When back at this girl's apartment, I more or less hid under the blankets, seriously, pretending too sleepy.....I don't think then I realized how upset, shell-shocked I was by the whole night, and all the icky information (I won't elaborate)...I thought about calling my parents to get me, but didn't

Next morning I was waiting outside for my dad to pick me up....I wanted OUT OF THERE

Point being: I didn't saying anything to my parents.....and I was LUCKY...but what if some guys had essentially 'picked us up' for a party (that's what the girl's were wanting)....??? Scary. I don't need to elaborate here either for any of you what could have occurred....

It's too easy to be exposed to shady characters......I'd like to know the background of all of Jayme's friends.....who/where/when she stayed the night, etc. etc.
Unbeknownst to her, she could have attracted a very bad person into her orbit.....

Hope this post is okay......
Us adults just don't think how kids do...and us adults who are good people can't think like the predators who are among us.....
I think your anecdote is very valid here. It’s entirely possible that something like that occurred.

You can be young and innocent, but still come in contact with someone dangerous through no fault of your own.

Last edited:
Well, today was interesting. Someone was able to get to the closed crime scene. Apparently, anything investigatory is not there, hence the home was turned back to the family, so it appears to be a lost man, on some sort of personal fixation journey. So odd.

I typically learn about new developments here, but learned about this guy through main stream media, so that is a good - every sign of attention to the story is a good sign the world is paying attention.

Only if law enforcement was hoping that someone involved in the crime would return to the house. This is not something law enforcement does normally.
Are you sure they have never done it in a case where the parents were murdered and the child taken from the home? Maybe they just did not reveal that information. We probably would not have even known about it in this case had that guy not been arrested. Jmo

I have read articles in the past about the differences in where female murderers tend to discard bodies vs...the differences where male murderers tend to place the bodies of their victims.

Females tend to discard victims closer to where they themselves live.

However males tend to go much further away..some even hundreds of miles to discard their victims.

Imo
There is a great book about NecroSearch International called “No Stone Unturned” by author Steve Jackson.

This group is incredible at finding bodies that LE has been unable to find.

Part of their expertise involves the psychology of certain types of killers, and where they tend to dispose of bodies in relation to a crime scene.

Men certainly tend to dump bodies in a manner very different from women.

Are you sure they have never done it in a case where the parents were murdered and the child taken from the home? Maybe they just did not reveal that information. We probably would not have even known about it in this case had that guy not been arrested. Jmo
But why did they tell us? They could have kept silent about it.

I didn't say that they NEVER do it. Only that this is not something that is normally done.

wasn't the home recently cleared and turned back over to the family? the unlocked door could've just been an honest mistake. god knows they have more than their fair share on their plates right now.
not sure LE would do that on purpose, but i could be wrong.

wasn't the home recently cleared and turned back over to the family? the unlocked door could've just been an honest mistake. god knows they have more than their fair share on their plates right now.
not sure LE would do that on purpose, but i could be wrong.
Entirely plausible. I blamed LE, but you make a very valid point here. I didn’t think about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper