AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure they have never done it in a case where the parents were murdered and the child taken from the home? Maybe they just did not reveal that information. We probably would not have even known about it in this case had that guy not been arrested. Jmo

If the camera technology is available, why not use it in the hopes of catching something?

They caught a squirrel in what they hoped was a bear trap, maybe? It shows the investigators are looking at everything they can.

I saw a red Dodge type car stalled on the side of the road in North GA this morning on the other side of I75 around Ringgold (I was going south, so the car was on the shoulder on the north side of the fast moving interstate next to the concrete dividers between the north bound and south bound lanes). It had big white stripes down the hood. The trunk was open. Traffic moves so fast on the Interstate, and there were no police involved. I kept going, but did think about this forum and wonder if I should have turned around. Like all of you, this case, and others like it, can make you chase phantoms, and I probably would have looked like a big idiot had I done so.

I guess we need to let the investigators do their job and hope for the best.

If (and it's a very big if) the neighbors were correct that the shots came 20 minutes before the 911 call, I think it completely changes the dynamic of this case. If we assume the father was killed first and immediately, I don't see a random perp sticking around that long. This scenario seems somewhat more reasonable if it's someone known to the family, someone they think could possibly be talked down. JMO of course

Hi Statler.
Welcome to WS. :):):)
I wish we were more certain of these times, as our reasoning does alter, with the different time intervals.

Last edited:
How dare you refute my statement with facts!

Yeah, you obviously make a relevant point there. I wasn’t aware that there were similar circumstances where evidence wasn’t fast tracked, even with FBI involvement.

I just hope that this case doesn’t have the same issue. Of course, that’s assuming they actually have DNA or something.

LOL! I hear ya Guy. LOL!

I am going to leave it with all of you good folks tonight.

Still praying for a miracle for Jayme to be found alive.

I didn't say that they NEVER do it. Only that this is not something that is normally done.
I understand. I was specifically interested to know if it had been done before in a similar crime in which a child is abducted and the parents are murdered. There have been members who are LE or retired police officers on the site before, so I was hoping if they see the post they can give an answer! I personally think it's a great idea and it gives me confidence in this investigation. Jmo

It isn't LE's job to protect the valuables in the home. It is only their job to protect the integrity of the investigation. And, to my knowledge the investigation of the home is over. So why still have cameras there? Also - is it even legal for LE to still have cameras there after returning the home to the family? Did they only tell the media they returned it to the family so that someone may see that and try to return?

JMO.

Just because it isn't LE's job, doesn't mean they can't be concerned with the Closs property. I highly doubt it's illegal, but if they needed permission, I am pretty sure they got it. And I think your last question is highly probable. It kinda worked...

The Barron county sheriff updated their fb post. It now no longer makes mention of the underwear of Jyme’s stolen. That’s odd. Too much immediate media focus?
This is what is puzzling me about this casual statement about this burglary. Why make it, especially right now, when people are scared, tempers in some folks might be high (family, friends- loss of a loved one or friend can anger folks- especially since it was a brutal murder), if the man is innocent of having anything to do with what happened to the family?

I can't believe that I am defending a criminal (LOL, really, am I going there?), but by releasing his name and the crime of burglary, specifically mentioning Jayme's underwear, tank top and dress, is now going to start possibly a local witch hunt for this guy, if he gets out of jail soon. What exactly was the purpose of doing this? Are they going to watch him closely, hoping to draw out the perp(s) to go after him?

The cameras were installed by the Department of criminal investigation (DCI). Kyle J-A entered through an unlocked patio door and went to the room at the right - which he believed to be Jaymes room.

It was. How did he know this?

Maybe an ATV was used as a getaway instead of a automobile/Suv........they could escape through the fields and/ or woods......but wouldn't there be tracks?

The cameras were installed by the Department of criminal investigation (DCI). Kyle J-A entered through an unlocked patio door and went to the room at the right - which he believed to be Jaymes room.

It’s not hard to figure it out. That house likely had two bedrooms, and a kid’s room is unmistakable.

Last edited:
If the camera technology is available, why not use it in the hopes of catching something?

They caught a squirrel in what they hoped was a bear trap, maybe? It shows the investigators are looking at everything they can.

I saw a red Dodge type car stalled on the side of the road in North GA this morning on the other side of I75 around Ringgold (I was going south, so the car was on the shoulder on the north side of the fast moving interstate next to the concrete dividers between the north bound and south bound lanes). It had big white stripes down the hood. The trunk was open. Traffic moves so fast on the Interstate, and there were no police involved. I kept going, but did think about this forum and wonder if I should have turned around. Like all of you, this case, and others like it, can make you chase phantoms, and I probably would have looked like a big idiot had I done so.

Please call it in to the tip line. Even if you are not sure it was the right model, call in. If it was towed from the location they will find that out and at least take a look at the impound lots. It's not idiotic to think a car may be related to Jayme's disappearance. It's people ignoring those thoughts and not wanting to be embarrassed that is why a relevant vehicle could get missed. I believe you can remain anonymous with your tip. JMO.

ETA: 1-855-744-3879 or email jaymetips@co.barron.wi.us

Maybe an ATV was used as a getaway instead of a automobile/Suv........they could escape through the fields and/ or woods......but wouldn't there be tracks?
That, and an ATV is loud. If this was a possibility, we would likely have heard about it. They identified two cars for a reason.

I understand. I was specifically interested to know if it had been done before in a similar crime in which a child is abducted and the parents are murdered. There have been members who are LE or retired police officers on the site before, so I was hoping if they see the post they can give an answer! I personally think it's a great idea and it gives me confidence in this investigation. Jmo
Law enforcement isn't big on just giving something a whirl hoping that maybe something will come of it. It could be the case, but I doubt it. I would bet money that the surveillance cameras were set up based on a BAU recommendation, in turn, based on whatever "read" they have on those involved that there was a more than reasonable chance someone involved in this would return to the home.

Could be the first room he saw. The door to Jayme's room could have been open and what could be seen would be obvious it was a kid's room. From the complaint we know the lights were on in the house so it wouldn't take anyone much effort to locate her room.

I come here daily hoping to see good news of Jayme being found safe and will continue to follow this case and hold positive thoughts.

I found out today that someone I know (and her spouse) were murdered this weekend. When violence hits close to home, the cases on here touch you even more. I am so hoping for a good ending for poor Jayme and her family after the tragic deaths of her parents.

Please ring the 'hot line' and report this.
You never know.

You may be collecting the reward money, as an arrest may eventuate.:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members