AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The cameras were installed by the Department of criminal investigation (DCI). Kyle J-A entered through an unlocked patio door and went to the room at the right - which he believed to be Jaymes room.

It was. How did he know this?

I don't buy that he isn't involved. Reminds me of the Kelly Dwyer case. They had Kris Zocco on unrelated charges before they found her body and were able to charge him. It will be interesting to see how this all pans out for this guy.

The cameras were installed by the Department of criminal investigation (DCI). Kyle J-A entered through an unlocked patio door and went to the room at the right - which he believed to be Jaymes room.

It was. How did he know this?

Of course he is going to say the patio door was unlocked, but also if you have ever had a patio door, you know they are almost impossible to lock. That's why most people use a pin lock or stick to keep it from sliding open. In my state, it is a requirement to have a special locking mechanism.

Please call it in to the tip line. Even if you are not sure it was the right model, call in. If it was towed from the location they will find that out and at least take a look at the impound lots. It's not idiotic to think a car may be related to Jayme's disappearance. It's people ignoring those thoughts and not wanting to be embarrassed that is why a relevant vehicle could get missed. I believe you can remain anonymous with your tip. JMO.

ETA: 1-855-744-3879 or email jaymetips@co.barron.wi.us

Done.

For those that are interested @Gardener1850 posted in this comment yesterday afternoon

AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #15

I'm still trying to find additional video of the mattresses (it's as if all the news articles that had them have removed or edited their videos now to take that out). But in the mean time, I found a video I had not seen. In the video at this link at about .30 secs in the camera zooms in and we can see the windows with blinds open and some lights on. This is after the home has been released back to family. I can't make much out but I was thinking this video might be helpful for figuring out which rooms were to the right of the front door. Leaving link for anyone who wants to grab a screenshot:
Investigators Comb Closs Home for Any Remaining Evidence, Reward Increases to $50K

In that video you can see several lights on in the house and outside the house.

I have seen some high profile cases remain unsolved for a couple of months then finally when the lab gets a valuable hit from the DNA profile of the suspect an announcement was made then naming the suspect and their arrest.

It's really not like a CSI show where everything is completed in less than a hour.

Labs everywhere are backlogged and there are high profile cases happening everywhere in most all states unfortunately.

Jmo

If I could like this comment 1000 times I would. I'm still holding out hope that they have some good forensic evidence waiting for results from the lab.

I just can’t get over how brazen it is; you learn your coworkers were murdered and their child kidnapped and your first thought is: lemme break in and try on all her clothes and see if we’re the same size?!

That is not normal thinking.

That is a very imbalanced priority/reward v. risk process.

That is either a red flag of a past or future.

I hope Jennie O does their own evaluation into a crime against the estate of two long, well-loved and deceased team workers.

She just doesn't strike me as a kid that spent a lot of time online with strangers. And if she did, her friends would know and would have reported it.
She was fairly "young" for her age. Still loved hanging out with mom and relatives, loved dance, seemed like a good kid. It seems like spending time online in chat rooms happens more when kids start going through puberty, are confused by their relationship with their parents, and want to branch out in the world. Also, western WI doesn't have the best internet services/connections or phone service. I would imagine getting dropped every 10 seconds would drive a kid nuts.
It just doesn't seem like she was doing something strange online that would have gone unnoticed this long IMO. Online activity is one of the easiest things for law enforcement to dig up. It's telling that there is nothing.

I don’t entirely buy friends or family would’ve known about her online activity. From the time I was 13 until I was 25, I was an active member of a Star Wars fan forum. I met people there who I developed “friendships” with and communicated with them with my personal IM accounts. I never told my family or my friends because I thought they would think it was weird.

This is what is puzzling me about this casual statement about this burglary. Why make it, especially right now, when people are scared, tempers in some folks might be high (family, friends- loss of a loved one or friend can anger folks- especially since it was a brutal murder), if the man is innocent of having anything to do with what happened to the family?

I can't believe that I am defending a criminal (LOL, really, am I going there?), but by releasing his name and the crime of burglary, specifically mentioning Jayme's underwear, tank top and dress, is now going to start possibly a local witch hunt for this guy, if he gets out of jail soon. What exactly was the purpose of doing this? Are they going to watch him closely, hoping to draw out the perp(s) to go after him?
I don't think it was a casual statement. There is no way they could keep the arrest from the media. I believe the reason for the statement was exactly for the reason you describe, to avoid speculation and rumors. They want to make it clear he was in no way involved in the circumstances surrounding Jayme s abduction, which includes the murder of her parents. But I do agree it is kind of strange that they didn't try to keep the details of what he took from the public. Maybe so people don't go crazy wondering if he may have taken things like guns or large sums of money which might lead to more rumors? I really don't know
But either way, the details likely would have come out sooner or later, so maybe it was better to be up front about it, rather than having people make wild assumptions. Jmo

AND leaving the door unlocked! LE had some reason to suspect the perp would come back there, IMO. Maybe something personal was left behind, and LE thought the perp would realize it, and try to retrieve it? I don't know, but I can't see why the door was left unlocked and motion detector cameras installed otherwise.
IMO because of the cameras, leaving the house unsecured was NOT an oversight. MOO- LE had a hunch the perp, or Jayme, would be returning. This is sort of a game changer for me. All MOO.

I meant Jayme may have been compliant. LE gives me the distinct impression Jayme may be alive. I can't think of any other reason LE would post security cameras after they release a crime scene. I doubt they expect the killers to return. JMO
Yes, this, exactly.

I just can’t get over how brazen it is; you learn your coworkers were murdered and their child kidnapped and your first thought is: lemme break in and try on all her clothes and see if we’re the same size?!

That is not normal thinking.

That is a very imbalanced priority/reward v. risk process.

That is either a red flag of a past or future.

I hope Jennie O does their own evaluation into a crime against the estate of two long, well-loved and deceased team workers.
He did the same thing in August, as a matter of fact he was out on bail for it.

Most of us entertain a notion of an older man, or someone she had occasion to be in some communication with...
so: going to get a tad personal....to show just how easily an otherwise sheltered gal, with great parents can be, in one night, exposed to the most unsavory characters....

Try to be brief: when I was barely 13, new school: met couple seemingly nice girls. Stayed the night with one, other gal did too.

Now: there were no adults present, zero. No idea why...three 13 year olds on their own on weekend...now I look back, think not a good thing at all. Maybe mom/dad had to work....BUT
as it turns out one of these 13 year olds had a 'boyfriend' who was in early 20's ! He 'wouldn't let her go' as she said and would patrol after school to pick her up (I saw him)

And....these two gals were getting make up on, dressing up - and getting me to, as well: to do what, you ask? WALK THE STREETS! And hope to go to a party...
Now...these were not great residential streets...but that's their idea for the night: get dolled up and prowl the streets...

I was VERY uncomfortable......went along with it...as far as I recall nothing much happened...

When back at this girl's apartment, I more or less hid under the blankets, seriously, pretending too sleepy.....I don't think then I realized how upset, shell-shocked I was by the whole night, and all the icky information (I won't elaborate)...I thought about calling my parents to get me, but didn't

Next morning I was waiting outside for my dad to pick me up....I wanted OUT OF THERE

Point being: I didn't saying anything to my parents.....and I was LUCKY...but what if some guys had essentially 'picked us up' for a party (that's what the girl's were wanting)....??? Scary. I don't need to elaborate here either for any of you what could have occurred....

It's too easy to be exposed to shady characters......I'd like to know the background of all of Jayme's friends.....who/where/when she stayed the night, etc. etc.
Unbeknownst to her, she could have attracted a very bad person into her orbit.....

Hope this post is okay......
Us adults just don't think how kids do...and us adults who are good people can't think like the predators who are among us.....
I too was once a 13 year old girl. Straight A student, miss goody two shoes...but between 13 and 14 and definitely when I was 14, I did stuff and put myself in positions that I cringe about to this today. I wouldn’t even tell my parents about that stuff even *now* as a grown-*advertiser censored* adult with children of my own. They never had a clue. And this was before the internet, cell phones, and social media.

This is what is puzzling me about this casual statement about this burglary. Why make it, especially right now, when people are scared, tempers in some folks might be high (family, friends- loss of a loved one or friend can anger folks- especially since it was a brutal murder), if the man is innocent of having anything to do with what happened to the family?

I can't believe that I am defending a criminal (LOL, really, am I going there?), but by releasing his name and the crime of burglary, specifically mentioning Jayme's underwear, tank top and dress, is now going to start possibly a local witch hunt for this guy, if he gets out of jail soon. What exactly was the purpose of doing this? Are they going to watch him closely, hoping to draw out the perp(s) to go after him?

The way I'm looking at it is the arrest is public info and would have been published regardless. They are trying to get ahead of any untrue rumors by posting about it. It's just like when they clarified that an arrest had been made of one of the Closs' neighbors on HWY 8 that was unrelated. And just like when they posted that there was no activity connected to the case going on at the hospital (it was a routine medical transport via helicopter). This Sheriff department seems to like to keep on top of the rumors and keep the focus on Jayme. A small bonus for LE is they probably saved the creepy burglar's life and avoided having to prosecute any otherwise law abiding citizens for vigilantism due to unfounded rumors. Personally, I like the Sheriff's style of being direct and addressing these things. It's not often that we see that direct addressing of unrelated events that could become out of control rumors. I think the Sheriff knows his audience (his town) really well.
JMO.

I too was once a 13 year old girl. Straight A student, miss goody two shoes...but between 13 and 14 and definitely when I was 14, I did stuff and put myself in positions that I cringe about to this today. I wouldn’t even tell my parents about that stuff even *now* as a grown-*advertiser censored* adult with children of my own. They never had a clue. And this was before the internet, cell phones, and social media.

Same, ten times over. Also had an older boyfriend at 13...yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper