AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found it contradictory at first, but my interpretation now is that they didn't even know JC/DC had children for whatever reason (the neighbors obviously didn't seem close to the family relationship-wise, which is OK, imo). But it wasn't until later on that they likely noticed JLC getting of the bus, and at that moment were surprised because in their opinion, they didn't even know they had children. Jmo
She is 13 so its not likely she is going to be out playing in the yard.

Also it has been mentioned that you cannot see the Closs property from where the Smrekar's live. Which begs the question: How did they see her get off the bus outside her home every day?

The house is tucked back in the woods, but they would still be able to see up and down the road, especially when they came out to get their mail, perhaps. So it wouldn't be unusual to spot the school bus.

This may be far fetched, but the whole scenario reminds me of a case that almost happened near me. An older guy asked a young girl for a date, and she declined, saying "I am not allowed to date, my parents are strict". The guy got it in his head that he had to "rescue" her from home, so they could live together, and was planning to kill the "evil" parents in the process. He asked a friend for help, and luckily, the friend went straight to the police. (She later said she had gotten strange vibes from the beginning and was afraid to just say "I don't want a date".)

Marking my spot.
Feels as if I'm posting in circles. :(
Same questions that I keep wondering; and also others have brought up excellent points to consider..... but here we are and nothing much that's new.
LE need to release more information. Imo.

If calls are public record why hasn't the 911 call been released? Just asking for clarification. Maybe I don't understand your comment...thanks
Where I live, you can see the Sheriff calls from the previous site by logging on to the page. It just shows basic info. Maybe in a homicide they remove from records? To clarify, it is not public info to hear a call made to 911 unless LE release it. That i my understanding anyhow. Maybe someone else can explain better? Sorry for confusion :) I should have been more specific.

For those of you skeptical of and dissecting the neighbors' comments - can you elaborate on what possible motive a geriatric couple might have to murder two middle-aged parents at 1AM and kidnap their 13 year old daughter? Thanks in advance.

For those of you skeptical of and dissecting the neighbors' comments - can you elaborate on what possible motive a geriatric couple might have to murder two middle-aged parents at 1AM and kidnap their 13 year old daughter? Thanks in advance.
For me, I am not implicating them as doing this. I think their statements are contradictory. I think they like the attention. Btw, there are cases where "geriatric" people commit horrible , similar crimes. I don't really see them as geriatric yet though. Just my opinion. I doubt they are involved in the crime...imagine LE would have been on that from the start. I just think they like the spotlight

Where I live, you can see the Sheriff calls from the previous site by logging on to the page. It just shows basic info. Maybe in a homicide they remove from records? To clarify, it is not public info to hear a call made to 911 unless LE release it. That i my understanding anyhow. Maybe someone else can explain better? Sorry for confusion :) I should have been more specific.
No, I'm the one that was confused. And, I'm perfectly okay with LE not releasing info if it could jeopardize their investigation. I'm going to check it out myself. Don't want to go down the FB rabbit hole . So little facts causing lots of speculation. But it's inevitable that leaks are occurring...fact or fiction. Thanks.

There are crimes committed by sociopaths in their late 60's. Please look at page 7.

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cv12.pdf

I am not saying they did it. However, it could be crime of opportunity, anger, longing, etc. Stranger things have happened. JMO

For me, I am not implicating them as doing this. I think their statements are contradictory. I think they like the attention. Btw, there are cases where "geriatric" people commit horrible , similar crimes. I don't really see them as geriatric yet though. Just my opinion. I doubt they are involved in the crime...imagine LE would have been on that from the start. I just think they like the spotlight

Not even sure that its a matter of liking the spotlight. They may simply be thrust into the spotlight by virtue of being the nearest neighbor, and sincerely wanting to do whatever they can to help. I'm not too concerned about the seemingly contradictory statements. As others have said, I think it is just poor wording. It is so easy to get tongue-tied and say things wrong when suddenly thrust into the spotlight unexpectedly.

It's easy to trip over one's tongue when suddenly put on the spot.

So they saw her using the bus but didn't now they had a child. Quite contradicting. These people irritate me. Their constant interviews and this kind of contradiction. Shady imo. Not saying they are involved but def shady type people. MOO
I thought the same thing

Not even sure that its a matter of liking the spotlight. They may simply be thrust into the spotlight by virtue of being the nearest neighbor, and sincerely wanting to do whatever they can to help. I'm not too concerned about the seemingly contradictory statements. As others have said, I think it is just poor wording. It is so easy to get tongue-tied and say things wrong when suddenly thrust into the spotlight unexpectedly.
Good points and view! Reading your post, I can see that as the scenario. It's easy for me to sit here and speculate but I have no idea how I'd respond or react in their situation. Thank you for another thought. Edited to add... if they seek out interviews and continue to be in the thick of it I will still assume they like the attention or the $ ;) MOO

Hi everyone, not sure if this was already mentioned or not but if you listen to the podcast 'True Crime Garage' their latest episode is about Jayme Closs. I listened to it during my commute this morning and it was helpful in clearing up some questions I had.

I have a lot of theories still circling around but, aside from someone in town seeing the family casually (as the family knows it to be) and yet, in a fixated way (to the killer) ... I also wonder if the place of parent's employment still isn't the focal point. Not a current employee. I am still placing the parents as the targets of rage and the taking of Jayme one final kick in the teeth at the deceased parents. If father did work that night, perhaps that explains quite closely why the attack took place at the time it did. Maybe he had just gotten off of work and now the killer could be assured of including both the mother and father. Could the killer be someone who once worked at the same job place? Say he left some time ago after some trouble with the parents and, when he left, he already knew he'd get even. Some people are patient and scheming enough to put some time between themselves and revenge... "revenge is a dish best served cold;" according to them... and it's safer for the coward killer, too (and, he is a coward. More than one? More cowards.) But, sitting far away from Barron letting his anger fester and grow, he biding his time, all the while knowing he'd go back and get even.
(Although I haven't ruled out a current employee either but that kind of anger would be hard to hide on a daily basis... not that a sociopath can't pull that kind of charade off.)

PB, in response to a Twitter user's comment re: hoping something breaks in the case soon...

Paul Blume on Twitter | 11:40 AM (CDT) - 1 Nov 2018

Just spoke to Closs family member. "Numb, Confused, Angry." Just waiting for call that they found #JaymeCloss. Understands why investigation is morphing into next phase. Believes Law enforcement is doing everything it can to find those responsible. #FindJayme #FindJaymeCloss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CameraSnap