AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Great point. What about the 911 call made them think Jayme was there? Voices can sound different on the phone. Even if they thought they heard her voice how do they know it wasn't someone else?

The yelling is also strange. Who dialed 911? Who hung up? Who was yelling? If the call came in after the shots (which seems to be the case) then who would be yelling? Could be Jayme. But "a lot of yelling" implies more than one person yelling. Who else was yelling? And what was the nature of it, words or just yelling in pain or terror?

I think hearing the call would clear a lot of things up.

Everything I've read indicates there was a lot of unintelligible yelling meaning you couldn't make out what was said or who said it. Even if audio experts could pinpoint whose voices it was, that might not help them much. It's not like the perp announced "My name is XXXX!"

If you heard Jayme and Denise's voices but couldn't make out what they are saying beyond "HELP", that doesn't tell you anything except they were scared out of their minds because an intruder had just shot James to death and was in their home.
Right. I don't think there is anything on that call that can tell them exactly what occurred during those 40 or 50 seconds other than what they already know. But they did say they are still trying. Jmo

Great point. What about the 911 call made them think Jayme was there? Voices can sound different on the phone. Even if they thought they heard her voice how do they know it wasn't someone else?

The yelling is also strange. Who dialed 911? Who hung up? Who was yelling? If the call came in after the shots (which seems to be the case) then who would be yelling? Could be Jayme. But "a lot of yelling" implies more than one person yelling. Who else was yelling? And what was the nature of it, words or just yelling in pain or terror?

I think hearing the call would clear a lot of things up.
I don't think it would clear much of anything up. If they have already used some of the best technology to make it sound better, chances are they may never be able to. Releasing it to the public won't help either, if this is the case. Jmo

He has got to be so exhausted. The emotional toll alone would be overwhelming. Usually (can't say always) the major media outlets are careful about the words they print. I'm just thinking with so many stating the same thing it could be true but that is why I am trying to hunt it down to the sheriff actually saying that.
I'd love for somebody to do a side by side of this sheriff. Two weeks ago and now.
Then we will all see how hard he is working and how much he cares!

What I think he means is there is nothing that can be heard that is of any help beyond what they have already concluded, which is that Jayme was present at the time of the murder and there was yelling and a disturbance in the background. If they had something definitive, like the killers voice saying a word or two, I would think they would release at least that part to the public like they did in Libby and Abby's case. Jmo
That thought just dawned on me.

Has anybody figured out why they are not they are not looking for the killer of the parents also?

They are. There is zero to suggest that the person or people who killed the parents aren't the same ones who took Jayme. That really wouldn't make any sense and it flies in the face of what LE has stated.

I think he was ambushed:

- Knock, knock, knock/similar attention seeking sound at front door
- Dad goes to door, looks out window, sees nothing
- Since he sees nothing but is sure he heard something, opens door to take a look around
- Boom. Never knew what hit him.

moo.

This is my collection of thoughts on this case after much research. Bear with me. To get there, I feel like I need to help explain the environment and the experience of rural living .

I grew up in a similar rural area. We had no neighbors to speak of, and 20 acres of farmland on all sides. My brother was abusive and sometimes I screamed. No one heard me. I don't mean that to sound cryptic, but it fascinated me later that sound becomes distorted and less people report. I was in total isolation on the outskirts of a town with approx 4000 residents . My point is the isolation of a community can also create a risk whereas in a city you just statistically have more witnesses. This is why these sorts of cases are so difficult to solve. Isolation unfortunately equals opportunity to people with bad intent.

The second thing is that door issue. My dad was in the military. He taught us to look out the upstairs window to see who is at the door. You never stand behind a door and say hello. You have given away your locale. I would never have thought of that had I not been trained. I could be wrong, but it sounds like the dad had a lifetime of factory work, not a military man. IMHO I would say Ambush is likely as well, and the man we are looking for has some sort of military background . He knew to look for an isolated house, he knew to knock to take out the biggest threat immediately. The second threat of Mom, I'm guessing was why she was found in another locale, possibly hearing the gunshot and running out. That is a trap, again IMO.

From reading over the threads, I believe our Unsub has committed crimes of this manner before. I believe he chooses his victims somewhat randomly. (If Jayme was his motivation, he had to know she was there.) But I do not think he knew her personally. If this was an internet stalking, I believe the info would have been released.

I looked at Google earth, most of the trucks on the routes around town are pictured as CDL class. I'm not saying he s a trucker, but just an observation. The fact that she hasn't been found even semi locally points towards him taking her out of locale, and again shows planning. Planned distance.

I also looked up all the local cases for the last decades or so for Barron County and Rice Lake. My town is similar in size and rural density. We have 56 sex offenders in our town. City data showed Barron and Rice lake area as having 37. I've seen this mentioned as a high number and I don't think it is a variable as far as number that is outlandish in comparison to many cities of its size. Not a bad place to look though . They just did a net nanny sting and arrested 7 men there. Another article I found was south of Barron by 1hr 6min.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.fox9.com/news/pierce-county-deputy-charged-with-child-sexual-assault

This area sounds like meth is the least of the issues happening. And I don't say that lightly. But most meth users dont generally feel powerful. (I worked as a clinical researcher collecting stats, first hand. ) The trailer park sex offenders dont generally step out of their own view/trailer court for their victims .

We are looking for a man who feels powerful, finds a rush in the ambush, not impulsive in his actions, and has kidnapped before. He likes the whole process. The closest M.O. I see to this is Israel Keyes, obviously dead now and not a suspect. But his ante kept upping and the game was to keep the risk high as a narcissist reward.

That's all I have put together. Also, after being an internet researcher on crimes against children the last few weeks I realize I know nothing about the world and my stomach hurts. And I know why I am here . I grew up in fear and abuse, and the only power I have now is to help the victims .

I thought this (that James possibly kicked the door in and was shot at that point) from the beginning but have been continuously discounted, mainly because of the way police apparently found him laying (seeing feet first at the door). I still believe its a possibility though.
We have nothing, and everything is still a possibility. I don't think anyone means to discount your idea - these threads were just overwhelmed, I doubt anyone could keep up.

Another poster somewhere wondered 'What if DC was shot first, how would that change the scene?' and I don't remember any replies to that idea either, an idea that may or may not coordinate with yours. Is that what you're saying, the shooter was already inside?

I know I like to read all the ideas.

Hang in there! :)

I don't think it would clear much of anything up. If they have already used some of the best technology to make it sound better, chances are they may never be able to. Releasing it to the public won't help either, if this is the case. Jmo

I think you're right about the sound quality. But the fact that they haven't released it makes me think there's something on it that, if they released it, would tip off the ubsub(s).

Replying to my own quote.
Here is the link to SORT. I searched within a 3 mile radius. You can click on the map to view where sex offenders live in reference to the Closs home. If I were thinking in this direction (I have no theory at this point) I would be more concerned with those who failed to register, have warrants for not reporting, have never been caught, or were registered I believe in the 90's(?) but a new law stopped requiring registration. I've been trying to remember more about that law and am drawing a blank.
SORT :: home
This is an article from Sept 2018 in reference to states with the highest sex offender numbers.
"Wisconsin has 425 registered sex offenders per 100,000 people...... "
Sex Crimes: Here Are 15 States With the Most Registered Sex Offenders
Is there a breakdown of the types of crime Barran, WI has in their city? Is it high, low? Local.
I would think there would be a lot of not so nice people living in the city due to the Plant based there. Some with a history and some with none.
Some of the jobs there must be not so nice so the city draws in those unable to find work elsewhere and there they land.
Just being curious on a slow news day.

Help me. I just moved out of Alaska. Who was that? I helped with logistics and organization of the Kenai family 4. The kids grandmother was my much loved neighbor and she died a short time before they were found. Sad from before the day they were reported missing. Very violent for a long time.

When this happens in Alaska everything about it is so very bad.

FIGURED IT Out. IT HAPPENED WHILE I WAS Out if STATE.

There’s a lot in David’s murder not shared. I know this little “group” HAD BEEN ACTING Out and behaving as far out of line as I had seen. We were identifying juvenile crime/ behavior issues and they were front and center. The killers in my informed opinion had no parental supervision and should have been taken into custody years ago. Historically that area has pockets of high drug use violence and every crime imaginable.

My daughters truck was stolen out of Anchorage and found a couple days later in Butte, just out of Palmer Wasilla.

The truck was found on fire burned to the frame. The kids had poured a huge amount of kerosene and gas in the interior and cans left in the bed. The explosion was heard a couple away and it had been lit from a gasoline trail 50 feet away. 25 kids watched it burn. All because it was a beautiful truck. Jealously.

The football teams in the schools are the toughest and some delinquent juvenile criminals meaner than I can explain. Those kids took David out and simply executed him. After beating him. None had basic human respect for human life or anything. Morally bankrupt brains. A LE friend said that describing them. Their friends knew and no one or parents came forward. A poor example of 99.9% if the people who live up there.
What is this case? How does it connect to JC

I’ll tell you how this case is going to be resolved. One day, it might be this week, next week, or five years from now someone will make a call to the police and say that the information weighed heavily on their conscious and will give up the crucial information. When an arrest is made the defendants name won’t even be in the case file.

I can’t tell you how many cases I’ve had like that where months or even years of work turned out to be for naught.

I would like everyone to welcome our new verified Law Enforcement Officer, Detective, Done Everything, member Falcon500.

Falcon500 is one of the most experienced verified law enforcement members we have on Websleuths.

Falcon500, I have a question about this case... Since there haven't been any breaks in this case (that we know of) do you think Law Enforcement will finally start releasing more information? It seems that LE should give the public more info so we all know what to look for.

Thanks in advance and thank you for becoming verified on Websleuths.

Tricia

I never thought of that one but it does make sense. I guess I always was thinking this 'person' came angry and burst right in. I could never see my 'person' hiding.
Something to think about.
This makes sense to me. He may not have even got the lock unlocked thus the perp kicked it in after gunning dad down

Here it is. "we believe Jayme was home based on the evidence in our case umm some of it from that 911 call..."
So there must be something that was heard.
Kare11>Press conference from Oct 17, 2018 (@about 5:47 spot in video)

"Evidence from the 911 call" could include finding Jayme's fingerprints on the phone used to make the call and the location the phone was found in the house. JMO.

I would like everyone to welcome our new verified Law Enforcement Officer, Detective, Done Everything, member Falcon500.
Falcon500 is one of the most experienced verified law enforcement members we have on Websleuths.

Falcon500, I have a question about this case... Since there haven't been any breaks in this case (that we know of) do you think Law Enforcement will finally start releasing more information? It seems that LE should give the public more info so we all know what to look for.

Thanks in advance and thank you for becoming verified on Websleuths.

Tricia
Welcome Falcon500.
That is a very interesting perspective. I hope that call comes exactly now.

What I think he means is there is nothing that can be heard that is of any help beyond what they have already concluded, which is that Jayme was present at the time of the murder and there was yelling and a disturbance in the background. If they had something definitive, like the killers voice saying a word or two, I would think they would release at least that part to the public like they did in Libby and Abby's case. Jmo

A little OT, but someone (many threads back) mentioned the Libby and Abby case and I got curious. I did a little Googling on the case before I went to sleep and figured out the gist of the story. I found an article on their last known communications and had read part of it when I fell asleep still holding my phone. At about 3:30 a.m., I was woken up by the creepiest voice in the world commanding "Down the hill. Down the hill. Down the hill." on loop. My phone was still in bed and I'd rolled over on it.

Was not able to get back to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members