AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in a rural area where I hear gunshots often. Most of the time its off in the distance and people are target practicing outside in their yard.

Sound is a funny thing. Even when its the same person shooting over and over again the sound can get louder or softer depending on how I myself turn. So if I turn a certain way I can hear it much louder than if I turn a different way or move around my own yard.

Sound also varies greatly if the muzzle of the gun is pointed in the direction of the person hearing the sound or in opposite direction of them.

The bottom line is sound of gunshots can vary a lot even if people doing the shooting and the people doing the hearing only move a little bit.

Exactly! Well said!

I don’t think it was a direct quote but a part of a reporters interpretation. Yesterday he said there was nothing in the 911 call to help. He looked exhausted.
He has got to be so exhausted. The emotional toll alone would be overwhelming. Usually (can't say always) the major media outlets are careful about the words they print. I'm just thinking with so many stating the same thing it could be true but that is why I am trying to hunt it down to the sheriff actually saying that.

Somebody several threads back mentioned what seemed like an abnormally high number of registered sex offenders in the area and others have mentioned quite a few drug related offenses. I hadn’t seen this though, just a good old local “police beat.” I’m getting the distinct impression that this area has a lot more problems than I initially thought.

Courthouse News
Do you recall what the numbers were or what that post based it on?TIA

respectfully, he did say it in a press conference it is a direct quote. Sometime in the first week.
The articles did use quotation marks. Thats what made me think he said it. TY! I'm going to search further.
ETA: the earliest date it was reported was Oct 18.

it was in the press conference on the afternoon of the first wednesday (maybe thursday). I think it was the same one with the results of the autopsy but i'm not 100% positive about that part.
Thank you!

What if these murders were directed at someone else?
How do you hurt someone? By taking away someone they love- forever.
Is there a radical grudge against other family members?
A debt owed?

I don’t think it was a direct quote but a part of a reporters interpretation. Yesterday he said there was nothing in the 911 call to help. He looked exhausted.
I think he also said it was confusing which is why I think they can't make out what was actually occurring, or what was said during the yelling. I'm thinking it's not of much help to them. Jmo

Nothing really. If you look back in the thread there is a link to a record of arrests in Barren County, I think it's something to do with that, but not related to the case. Jmo
Thanks

unrelated case from the barron courts sometime in October. Details were behind a pay wall for me but seemed to be a confidential informant setting up a fake drug buy. Again need to stress TOTALLY unrelated to Closs case.
Thanks

Snipped for focus.

Nitpicking, the only cross country race was the Warrior Invite at UWBC. The other two races are road races on streets with people of all ages and genders.
I did find one more result under Denise's name but I feel pretty confident this was Jayme as the age division is 1-10:
Denise Closs

I put all the race locations on the map as a separate layer. I don't think this really helps the case, but it is nice to be dealing in facts and tangibles. The location for Haley's Comet has changed from 2016/2017 (if you visit the current website), I know this because I was a spectator there (weird).

Here is the map:
Jayme Closs Case - Google My Maps

Thank you! I don't feel like that is nit-picking at all, I think it is important to note that Jayme ran in races that were not connected to her school team/school sport activities. And races where all ages participated too. Those are more opportunities for a perp to see her and get bad ideas. I notice these are all 2016/2017. Did she run any races in the year 2018?

Thank you for adding to the map. It may not add much, but is interesting to see where the races were in relation to her other activities:
Warrior Invite run was not far from Christine's Dance
Haley's Comet run was near St. Peter's Church
Rutabaga Run in Cumberland seems to be an outlier but we know from the dispatch log LE went to an address in Cumberland after Jayme disappeared-- I think perhaps she has family there.

What this seems to show us is the runs were all in their "comfort zone" areas-- places where they had other activities or reasons to go to that town on a regular basis. They may have even learned about certain race events from being involved in other events in the area. Maybe someone at church was doing the Haely's Comet run. Maybe someone in her dance group knew Jayme liked to run and invited her on the Warrior run. I feel like we get a sense of their lives from looking at this map-- they were out there and active in the local communities.
JMO.

The reason I wondered is right away when they released the car of interest stuff, I looked on Facebook Marketplace and saw some Challengers for sale within an hour or two of Barron, but quickly realized some had black hood stripes and some didn't. Seems like that would narrow it down if they could tell us anything about markings, but if they ever did I haven't seen it.
They may not want someone linked to that car to know what they know about markings, decals.... scoop etc

Also this states that "a lot of yelling could be heard" yet in the last press release the Sherrif stated otherwise. So confusing.
I know it's been stated in several articles that background noise was heard such as yelling, a disturbance or a commotion, and the only word they could make out was "help," but what exactly did Fitzgerald say at the PC? I can't remember.

I am new to this website, but have been following this horrible case from the beginning and I feel it all points back to an electronic connection.This is in response to Gardener 1850 comment about the LE electronics angle.

I totally agree. Maybe LE has been reviewing Jayme's social media and are now focusing on that one angle more closely based on the info they have. There is a lot to determine about a person if you look at an individuals social media/phone apps and see who they follow and who follows them. I won't specifically mention any one particular website/application , but there are a few popular apps used by teens today on their phones( other then FB )that allow them to post pictures and comments. By looking into these followers & who they choose to follow can often give you a glimpse of their interests etc.. I agree with Gardener 1850 that maybe a gaming device/interactive game or some type of electronic device allowed Jayme to have contact with an individual or a group of individuals who may have befriended her . Maybe LE has determined that Jayme was a frequent play in interactive digital games and developed some type of relationship. Although I have never played any of these games, I hear through friends that their kids interact with people all over the world when playing. As we have all heard, these games can be very violent and dark and in the past these "gamers" have portrayed the violence they see on these games into real life situations .If I recall correctly, the Sandy Hook killer played very violent digital games. Just another angle I thought of once I heard the direction LE was now taking.

I've always wondered about that initial contact. Was Mr Closs a man that would fling open the door if somebody knocked or would he be a cautious man! Evidently he didn't like what he saw or heard since the door wasnt opened but kicked in!

He was a big man so my next thought is what caused him to not open that door? Several men? A gun pointed at him? Threats?

All speculation but the mind does wander in cases like this.

One last thought. If this was more than one at the door wouldn't the community be in danger?

I think he was ambushed:

- Knock, knock, knock/similar attention seeking sound at front door
- Dad goes to door, looks out window, sees nothing
- Since he sees nothing but is sure he heard something, opens door to take a look around
- Boom. Never knew what hit him.

moo.

unrelated case from the barron courts sometime in October. Details were behind a pay wall for me but seemed to be a confidential informant setting up a fake drug buy. Again need to stress TOTALLY unrelated to Closs case.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member