AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there was any code to the dog only eating chicken. In my experience, toy dogs can be quite picky eaters, even when they're not under stress. (My Chihuahua is fiendishly picky and spits out food he doesn't like. The little tyrant even turns his nose up at Milkbones and "gourmet" dog food specially designed for picky eaters!) It's likely an inside joke among the family about the dog being picky and is the normal sort of thing you'd update her on if she were away from home under happier circumstances.

So, I think it was a way to communicate to Jayme that wouldn't freak out anyone holding her. It helps convey a sense of normalcy to her if she is listening, but it also reassures her by letting her know that her dog is being taken care of and cherished just like she would take care of it if she were there and able. It's also a way to make Jayme seem like a person to a captor. She's got this cute little dog, but now it has more personality and unique characteristics than just a generic cute little dog because of that quirk. It also might be designed to encourage someone on the fence about reporting a tip to call in. The equivalent of "Come on, this poor kid needs to get home to her adorable, quirky dog. You need to call in what you know to help make this happen."

I ask myself, who would kill 2 people in that manner: someone, who has nothing to loose and in any case would get a life sentence without parole -if get caught-, because he already murdered 2x or even 4x in a similar violent manner? Or is he someone, who is a first-time-murderer because of his single severe rage, although he acted with such precision and with unbelievable speed?
Who is Jayme (and the Sheriff) dealing with now?
Not sure that it was lightning speed. I listened to the chiefs comment today and he seemed to be stumbling between two different ideas, that the response time was 4 minutes, and that the perp wasn't there for long. I didn't get the impression that he was saying the perp was only there 4 minutes.

Random thought that occurred to me while I was peeling beets:

What if somebody had a psychotic break and thought they were gunning down invaders from Mars or something? No, I don't know who somebody might be--visitor maybe? Somebody gave Jayme and Denise a ride home? Neighbor? Somebody they trusted and had no reason to fear, anyway.

No, I don't suppose that's likely, now that I see it in writing.

Actually it all comes down to the resolution of the source video frame. If the source is only 640x480 there’s nothing you can do to increase that. This one’s going to be tough as it’s a smaller cropped image from the source. If I can find a 4K source I’ve got the tools to extract that and see what I can get.

For what it's worth, the photo of the chair in the video is at the 2:02 mark, and when I pause it there, my screen flashes "4332 kbps", but there's no reference to frame dimensions or frame source.

Going Inside The Daily Hunt To Find Jayme Closs

Last edited:
I ask myself, who would kill 2 people in that manner: someone, who has nothing to loose and in any case would get a life sentence without parole -if get caught-, because he already murdered 2x or even 4x in a similar violent manner? Or is he someone, who is a first-time-murderer because of his single severe rage, although he acted with such precision and with unbelievable speed?
Who is Jayme (and the Sheriff) dealing with now?
There is no doubt in my mind that this person killed before. #1 question is motive. When they killed before, was it combat, LE or criminal? Were they ever caught before? One thing about our system is that it tends to catch the unintelligent, low education, sloppy criminals. It amazes me how these people turn up who have committed dozens of rapes, assaults, etc and have never been caught previously. And then, there are those who never ever get caught. They unfortunately do exist.

For what it's worth, the photo of the chair in the video is at the 2:02 mark, and when I pause it there, my screen flashes "4332 kbps", but nothing is stated regarding frame dimensions or frame source.

Going Inside The Daily Hunt To Find Jayme Closs
Outstanding! I should be able to extract a pretty good source frame from that. I’ll dig into that tonight. Thank you!

Random thought that occurred to me while I was peeling beets:

What if somebody had a psychotic break and thought they were gunning down invaders from Mars or something? No, I don't know who somebody might be--visitor maybe? Somebody gave Jayme and Denise a ride home? Neighbor? Somebody they trusted and had no reason to fear, anyway.

No, I don't suppose that's likely, now that I see it in writing.
Invaders from Mars? Not likely. I have considered that this was just some psychotic thrill kill though. Rural house, dark and quiet, maybe someone just felt like killing. Jayme was just something to take and use?

I guess LE felt a PC was needed since news has been falling off but did not intend to give out any info. But that probably means they have nothing that the public could be of help with, imo. They may have to do a whole lot of waiting for results, and hoping something vital is there.

Invaders from Mars? Not likely. I have considered that this was just some psychotic thrill kill though. Rural house, dark and quiet, maybe someone just felt like killing. Jayme was just something to take and use?
It’s super rare, but it does happen.

The longer this goes on, the more likely I think the scenario of a random perpetrator is.

There is no doubt in my mind that this person killed before. #1 question is motive. When they killed before, was it combat, LE or criminal? Were they ever caught before? One thing about our system is that it tends to catch the unintelligent, low education, sloppy criminals. It amazes me how these people turn up who have committed dozens of rapes, assaults, etc and have never been caught previously. And then, there are those who never ever get caught. They unfortunately do exist.

It's possible it's a rage killing a male who wants to be with Jayme and felt the parents stood in their way of true love. Doesn't mean she even knew or felt the same at all. Obsessive weirdo possibly young a teen still over 18.

From last thread copied.
MassGuy.
"Haaa. You must have it set so it doesn’t show you’re online. I don’t see a green dot by your name either."

Nah.
It appears.
Your probably asleep when I post, because I just saw it.

I don't think there was any code to the dog only eating chicken. In my experience, toy dogs can be quite picky eaters, even when they're not under stress. (My Chihuahua is fiendishly picky and spits out food he doesn't like. The little tyrant even turns his nose up at Milkbones and "gourmet" dog food specially designed for picky eaters!) It's likely an inside joke among the family about the dog being picky and is the normal sort of thing you'd update her on if she were away from home under happier circumstances.

So, I think it was a way to communicate to Jayme that wouldn't freak out anyone holding her. It helps convey a sense of normalcy to her if she is listening, but it also reassures her by letting her know that her dog is being taken care of and cherished just like she would take care of it if she were there and able. It's also a way to make Jayme seem like a person to a captor. She's got this cute little dog, but now it has more personality and unique characteristics than just a generic cute little dog because of that quirk. It also might be designed to encourage someone on the fence about reporting a tip to call in. The equivalent of "Come on, this poor kid needs to get home to her adorable, quirky dog. You need to call in what you know to help make this happen."

Continuing with this aunt, speaking about chicken for her dog:
Zella, my friend, another dog lover, needs to feed her dog on chicken and rice continually.
After loads of problems, she worked out her little cutie is allergic to other meat.
She happily cooks the chicken and rice each day, and the dog is healthy.

Perhaps, I am way off, but could the Aunt, be referring to Jamye having allergies, in a 'round about way', (mentioning the dog) so Jayme admits this to her abductor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members